Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Hey everyone, today while playing Cubecraft, I got killed by someone with an inappropriate item name. I personally didn't have a problem with it, but I know that there are many kids on the server and Cubecraft is family-friendly. So naturally, I screenshotted and wondered if I could report him. I quickly discovered that this was not the case and that there is no rule prohibiting this. What I'm proposing is an extension to rule 1.1, "Any username or skin deemed inappropriate by the staff team will be banned from the server until the offending feature has been changed to a more appropriate one." to also include inappropriate item names. A punishment track would look like this: (Warning→2nd Warning→1-day ban→7-day ban) I attached the screenshot so you can see what the name of the sword was. (Was using @StonePlus's new Cubeclient I recommend)
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.02.33 PM.png

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I agree with this, I saw many inappropriate names on items. Sometimes I report them, and they get muted or something but I think there should be a rule for it, so everyone knows this is against the rules. Also, I think muted players shouldn't be able to use a anvil to change item names, because they won't get punished if they can still swear through the items.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I agree with this, I saw many inappropriate names on items. Sometimes I report them, and they get muted or something but I think there should be a rule for it, so everyone knows this is against the rules. Also, I think muted players shouldn't be able to use a anvil to change item names, because they won't get punished if they can still swear through the items.
I agree I didn't include mute in the punishment track because I wasn't sure if this would include anvils, this could solve some issues if muted players just couldn't use anvils.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I was your 100th like :P

But in all seriousness yeah this shouldn't be allowed. Sure some of the player base wouldn't care since they are older. But the younger audience and the whole "family friendly" concept doesn't apply if people are running around with items named like that.

Reactions: Technosword

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I was your 100th like :p

But in all seriousness yeah this shouldn't be allowed. Sure some of the player base wouldn't care since they are older. But the younger audience and the whole "family friendly" concept doesn't apply if people are running around with items named like that.
Thanks for the 100th like xD

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I agree that this should be added as a rule. Like you said, there are many minors on this server, and having names like that makes the server seem highly unprofessional and unmoderated. Hopefully if this rule is added, players will refrain from using inappropriate as their item name. However, you cannot name items in Bedrock, so this only comes under Java, not all networks.
Thanks for your suggestion, +1.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It is my understanding that you can get banned for this under "trolling" however you need video evidence of them actually naming it in an anvil and not using it, because they could've just randomly picked it up.
What I'm suggesting is making this a clear rule under trolling, because the person that I saw did not realize this was against the rules.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
What I'm suggesting is making this a clear rule under trolling, because the person that I saw did not realize this was against the rules.

You should amend your thread because it does not say this.

I screenshotted and wondered if I could report him. I quickly discovered that this was not the case and that there is no rule prohibiting this.

It is a rule, but yes, we should make it clearer.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
Agreed, This should be something like the Names/skins that are not allowed on the server.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
I don't think this is actually possible to ban someone for, because first of you need to record (wich not much people do) and second up you need to see their POV changing it, because they can also use an anvil to make a weapon better. So you can only report yourself for doing this.

Hawk Golfer

Feb 13, 2016
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, today while playing Cubecraft, I got killed by someone with an inappropriate item name. I personally didn't have a problem with it, but I know that there are many kids on the server and Cubecraft is family-friendly. So naturally, I screenshotted and wondered if I could report him. I quickly discovered that this was not the case and that there is no rule prohibiting this. What I'm proposing is an extension to rule 1.1, "Any username or skin deemed inappropriate by the staff team will be banned from the server until the offending feature has been changed to a more appropriate one." to also include inappropriate item names. A punishment track would look like this: (Warning→2nd Warning→1-day ban→7-day ban) I attached the screenshot so you can see what the name of the sword was. (Was using @StonePlus's new Cubeclient I recommend)
does this include Minecraft names?

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
This should be punishable but that name is hilarious imo
toy story 5 plot
I don't think this is actually possible to ban someone for, because first of you need to record (wich not much people do) and second up you need to see their POV changing it, because they can also use an anvil to make a weapon better. So you can only report yourself for doing this.
I mean if someone enchants with a sword in the beginning it would probably be obvious, since they used enchanted kit. But yeah you’re right. GG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom