Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Nov 26, 2020
I know that everyone is going to say "well they need money to keep the server running", I get that, how about a better system where nonmembers can move up ranks naturally but have can choice to pay to get ranks they want without too much effort. the way I'm thinking this system will work out is if players play enough mini games in the server and as well earn enough points to spend on certain ranks like gold, lapis or maybe a new rank like coal or something. Maybe this could bring up a good discussion in the community and see what we want.

• Haha
Reactions: Icouzz

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I’ve to disagree with you. First of all this would be unfair for everyone who have already bought a rank. I’ve a diamond rank myself and would feel ‘scammed’ if other players can get the rank for free. This will cause many players who want their money back, since it’s simply not fair. Secondly I disagree because as you already said cubecraft needs money to run everything. If it would be possible to get ranks for free, the money cubecraft will get from purchased ranks will decrease drastically. Players can already play for stuff without having to purchase stuff in the shop, for example receiving cubelets out of games or achieving the daily challenges for loot points.

Nov 26, 2020
Hi! I’ve to disagree with you. First of all this would be unfair for everyone who have already bought a rank. I’ve a diamond rank myself and would feel ‘scammed’ if other players can get the rank for free. This will cause many players who want their money back, since it’s simply not fair. Secondly I disagree because as you already said cubecraft needs money to run everything. If it would be possible to get ranks for free, the money cubecraft will get from purchased ranks will decrease drastically. Players can already play for stuff without having to purchase stuff in the shop, for example receiving cubelets out of games or achieving the daily challenges for loot points.
yeah i can understand what you mean, but ranks should be achieved somehow like if you win a certian amount of survival games you can get a survivor type rank

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I agree with Pijly.

yeah i can understand what you mean, but ranks should be achieved somehow like if you win a certian amount of survival games you can get a survivor type rank
To comment on this: I don't think this would work. Currently Cubecraft uses every possible colour in Minecraft for it's ranks (except black and white, for good reasons). Meaning that if other ranks were added there wouldn't be colours available to assign them to. Also it will make the chat messy if you see all kinds of random prefixes. This will ruin the simplicity of the system which is one of the things I've always liked about the server.
Therefore I've got to disagree with you, sorry.

D

Deleted member 469419

Hi,

I personally have to disagree with the idea. The idea of player being able to get a rank without pay sounds quite bad in my head. I've bought a rank myself and I'd also feel scammed as someone mentioned above, also, as yourself said, cubecraft economy would decay drastically by implementing this system. Anyway, they have a similar system than you're suggesting inside the staff translation team, I used to be an official translator and just when I was leaving, they introduced this coin-system.

But... thousand players using this wouldn't be the same.

Hippir

Dedicated Member
Aug 18, 2016
UAE, Dubai
www.youtube.com
^

Reactions: Exarpo and 404Owl

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I disagree, sorry. However, I think there are certain things that should become available to all players, such as /report.
I don't this the /report command should be available for everyone, I'm just gonna paste something Spoon said in another thread:
"It already is quite difficult to handle all reports. I don't want to imagine how hard it would become if we gave access to this command to everyone. It would be impossible for us to handle all reports - the command would be completely useless. And I'm sure many cheaters would abuse it by reporting random players to make it even harder."

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
Hi,

I personally have to disagree with the idea. The idea of player being able to get a rank without pay sounds quite bad in my head. I've bought a rank myself and I'd also feel scammed as someone mentioned above, also, as yourself said, cubecraft economy would decay drastically by implementing this system. Anyway, they have a similar system than you're suggesting inside the staff translation team, I used to be an official translator and just when I was leaving, they introduced this coin-system.

But... thousand players using this wouldn't be the same.
The system in the translation team is something completely different, we gain in-game rewards for working hard for the server, not for playing on it and winning minigames.

D

Deleted member 469419

The system in the translation team is something completely different, we gain in-game rewards for working hard for the server, not for playing on it and winning minigames.
I know it, of course. I was meaning about the coin-system, didn't pretend to compare it with this.

5Stars

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016
Bedroom
I disagree as well. I truly love the community and love playing on the server. Thus, I showed my appreciation by supporting the server (as well as to unlock voting options).

The rank is simply a mark to outline people like myself who have chipped in to support the server. The rank isn't (or at least shouldn't) be some sort of stamp that represents your "worth" in the server or how much "better" you are, because that simply isn't true.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on GameWizardWalks's profile.
happy birthdayy :)
Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Top Bottom