Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rifyy

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,

I got bored and made a discord bot that sends a message in a specified channel when someone posts on the forum.

The update messages:
Screenshot_20191109_223551.png

Bot is public and can be invited via this link.

To set up the channel it posts in, simply go tho whichever channel you like and use @CubeCraft Forum Updates set-channel (make sure you tag the bot and not just send its name)

Screenshot_20191109_223648.png

To disable the update messages, use @CubeCraft Forum Updates disable

(Administrator permissions on discord server are required to use these commands)

Its possible for post messages to be up to 30 seconds delayed. Shouldnt be much of an issue.

If somehow there are 5 new posts in the span of 30 seconds, only the last 5 will be posted by the bot, can be fixed but I only realized it could be fixed after the bot was already mostly done, didnt want to rework all of it.

Source code: https://github.com/Exanlv/cc_forum_posts (typescript)

This bot uses web-scraping to check new posts, web scraping is very much a grey area. Since this info isn't behind a paywall or login, it should be completely fine but if you require me to take down the bot let me know. My discord tag is Max#0007 for quicker response

Because of bot protection on cubecrafts end, I can't currently boot this bot up on my vps, it's currently still running on my main machine, expect a few hours of downtime later tonight before I am able to move it to a raspberry pi to get it running for (hopefully) fulltime

Last edited:

Rifyy

Aug 19, 2019
Little update, bot is now running on my rpi, shouldnt be any more downtime unless my power goes out \o/

Reactions: Eli

Rifyy

Aug 19, 2019
Could just host on a VPS instead?
The vps I have gets registered as a bot (very shocking) and requires to fill out a captcha. When I host it on my rpi I dont have this issue (prob just an IP thats registered as spam or whatever)

LoonyRules

Novice Member
Mar 12, 2017
England, United Kingdom
twitter.com
The vps I have gets registered as a bot (very shocking) and requires to fill out a captcha. When I host it on my rpi I dont have this issue (prob just an IP thats registered as spam or whatever)
If you login via the discord api on a bot account, you will bypass all captchas as their service already knows you're a bot and not a bot trying to claim to be a real user.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom