Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you be interested in more work for this mob and seeing it in game?

• Total voters

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA

Tower Defense New Mob Idea: Evokers
Evoker_attacking.png
With Cubecraft updating to 1.12, I thought it was time to discuss with the community some possible new troops that could be added to the game. These are some of my current possible ideas for the troop Evoker. (Not all would have to be used).
➣A medium game troop. (After a skeleton rush and either before or after blazes).

➣When Evokers are really low on health they will summon 1-3 Vexes. These will become annoying flying troops that also have to be killed, although a bit weaker than the evoker. (Both troops are immune to the mage tower). (Maybe these vexes could "disappear" for a very short time (similar to cave spiders) and then reappear to make them more interesting).

➣These guys will have a high speed (Similar to pigmen)

➣Since in normal Minecraft these guys drop a totem of undying, there will be a small chance that when this troop dies it will respawn back to half health (or maybe quarter health)

➣Another possible idea would be adding/replacing a path to the necromancer tower that spawns "Evoker Fangs" that appear in a nearby area and snaps troops. Of course, the evoker mob would be immune.

Leave a vote on this forums if you guys are interested in adding evokers, and getting more information/stats on them. Feel free to also leave any other ideas, feedback, or suggestions for this possible troop in the comments!

(Updates are in the comments so feel free to read more below!)

Last edited:

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Yayyy!! 1.12 for TD, I'm exited for all those ideas.

I think it should be a troop after Blazes so more like a mid/late game troop. This is because of the game already having so much early/mid game troops and if they were to be added as mid/late game troops a possibility to add Vexes as a stand-alone troop would open up too.

Good thinking about the speed part, in vanilla Minecraft they are also a bit faster than other mobs.

I'm not a huge fan of RNG mechanics but if it's a small chance I guess it would be okay if the Evoker would respawn.

I don't particularly see why the Necromancer needs changes except from balancing.

Reactions: CrystalDrop

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
I'm also excited for new 1.12 additions such as this. A few comments:

1. I agree with @Shotgun that mid-late game would be a better place for new mob ideas rn.

2. I think Vexes would be a cool addition, but I'm not sure being immune to mage would make sense, and if they go invisible, they will need to have some DPS on them. I don't mind the whole flying 'invisible spider' idea though, provided they have low enough HP.

3. I disagree with RNG mechanics, and would rather the Evoker 100% respawn at a set HP every time it dies (just like Magma splitting), and maybe only then it would spawn Vexes (or maybe the respawned one doesn't spawn Vexes).

4. Evoker fangs being added to a tower is interesting, but I'm not sure if it should simply replace the Necro though.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
If an Evoker reaches the Castle and it dies then it would spawn 1-3 Vexes in it's place which would also immediately attack the Castle. To balance this I think one of the following options is the best:

Either make Vexes have a low damage output, 1.0 for example
Or make Vexes disappear after a certain amount of time (which is also the case in Vanilla MC) this would limit the total damage done on the Castle.

Personally I find the second option the best.

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
If an Evoker reaches the Castle and it dies then it would spawn 1-3 Vexes in it's place which would also immediately attack the Castle. To balance this I think one of the following options is the best:

Or make Vexes disappear after a certain amount of time (which is also the case in Vanilla MC) this would limit the total damage done on the Castle.

I was thinking about the second option as well!

I do want to mention that the Vex's will be a bit weaker in attack/health/etc compared to the main mob: Evokers.

However, If the evoker dies so close to the castle and summons the vexes that is also the team's fault for not killing it sooner. Again new strategies and awareness will be needed with this troop. So I don't think we should worry too much about it not being balanced or being too OP. It's a unique thing for this mob.

Reactions: Shotgun

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
I'm also excited for new 1.12 additions such as this. A few comments:

1. I agree with @Shotgun that mid-late game would be a better place for new mob ideas rn.

2. I think Vexes would be a cool addition, but I'm not sure being immune to mage would make sense, and if they go invisible, they will need to have some DPS on them. I don't mind the whole flying 'invisible spider' idea though, provided they have low enough HP.

3. I disagree with RNG mechanics, and would rather the Evoker 100% respawn at a set HP every time it dies (just like Magma splitting), and maybe only then it would spawn Vexes (or maybe the respawned one doesn't spawn Vexes).

4. Evoker fangs being added to a tower is interesting, but I'm not sure if it should simply replace the Necro though.
I agree with your points on #3. I think they should always respawn (with lower health) after death, and only then they will summon vexes.

However, I think if they die while attacking the castle, they will not respawn and will never be able to summon vexes.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
both ideas are interesting!
the respawning mechanic sounds great, making them quite dangerous mid/late game.
i think it should not respawn/spawn vexes when at the castle tho, it might be a little too overkill when you got 12+ of these guys. especially since defending near the castle is such a pain most of the time.

the tower sounds cool, would love to hear more about it :)

GroeneBraam

Mar 23, 2021

GroeneBraam

i think let them disappear because there flying every where or combine them maybe they doing 1.0 damage output and then disappear in 5 seconds?
--------------------------
also is the evoker 1.12?

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
I agree with the whole castle respawn thing, since I think Giants and Magma also don't spawn more near or at castle. As for the Vexes, I thought the suggestion was to have them spawn as the Evoker reaches low HP, not at death, but they could do both.

I do like the idea of having them disappear after some time, but that might be rather underwhelming. they could also just despawn near or at castle as well, making them a pure distraction supportive type troop.

Lastly, @GroeneBraam, Evoker is technically 1.11, but are thus included once the servers are updated to 1.12.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
I agree with the whole castle respawn thing, since I think Giants and Magma also don't spawn more near or at castle. As for the Vexes, I thought the suggestion was to have them spawn as the Evoker reaches low HP, not at death, but they could do both.

I do like the idea of having them disappear after some time, but that might be rather underwhelming. they could also just despawn near or at castle as well, making them a pure distraction supportive type troop.

Lastly, @GroeneBraam, Evoker is technically 1.11, but are thus included once the servers are updated to 1.12.
If the Evoker doesn't spawn Vexes while at the Castle then there is no reason to add the despawning after x seconds from my viewpoint.

GroeneBraam

Mar 23, 2021

GroeneBraam

---------------------------
also the slimes and the cubes are really good ideas

thanks for responding @dartz42

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom