Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
So I was playing Blockwars and throughout the day lots of hackers under different names have been playing and I'm guessing banned so I'm suggesting that you do IP bans in certain situations, if you have been banned on 10 different accounts on the same IP, just ban it. Simple.

I know VPNs can be a counter to that but it's just extra effort for them that some might not take.

Reactions: Kloska and Lilleh__

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I can assure you this will never be a thing.
@HetIsNOOB, IP bans do more bad than good. For example, they don't solely affect the rule breaker. Siblings, or entire schools and neighbourhoods can be banned because of one single person. VPNs are a thing too.
~ @Buuuddy

Not too long ago I have asked Management (more specifically @johncoles ) about IP bans and why we don't do them/shouldn't do them. Here are the main reasons:

Brothers/Sisters (Siblings)
If your brother/sister is going to cheat or swear and gets banned and/or muted, their younger/older sister/brother will get muted for pretty much no reason at all, since it's not their fault.

IP sharing
Now hear me out, there are providers who can share one IP over multiple houses, which means you could screw over an entire street for example.

VPN
Also known as a "virtual private network". Basically this changes your public IP which the server reads, these are free and are very easy to obtain.
"But a VPN blocker !1!!"
There is no way to make a VPN blocker as far as I know without screwing over actual people/IP's.

Therefore, we will not be doing IP bans, thank you for your suggestion though;
~ @telegamer

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Thats why I'm saying 10 accounts, because thats just such a ridiculous number of bans, any sibling shouldn't have 10 accounts to hack with only people who are techies that know how to get that stuff for cheap and if they know how to do that, they wont have siblings playing on their computer, but yeh it's a shame that IP sharing things can't be worked around :(

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I've had a similar experience in an FFA pvp lobby where a hacker was banned by @Camezonda several times... They kept coming back on alts. I do not know the reason why Cube Craft does not IP ban, but if they did, I am sure it would reduce the amount of hackers.

Reactions: Unipotatoo

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
VPN are not connected in any way with your own IP.

VPN
Also known as a "virtual private network". Basically this changes your public IP which the server reads, these are free and are very easy to obtain.
"But a VPN blocker !1!!"
There is no way to make a VPN blocker as far as I know without screwing over actual people/IP's.
~Telegamer

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Thats why I'm saying 10 accounts, because thats just such a ridiculous number of bans, any sibling shouldn't have 10 accounts to hack with only people who are techies that know how to get that stuff for cheap and if they know how to do that, they wont have siblings playing on their computer, but yeh it's a shame that IP sharing things can't be worked around :(
But tht is the problem still
10 bans sure it is very clear it is someone hacking alone
But yeah siblings who, aren’t actually related to the hacking accounts will be banned for not doing anything

Also majority of the time IP sharing is used in a single household so it doesn’t work in most cases

Hence the point isn’t invalid

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
If you have 10+ accounts, you're either rich or you're using an alt site. If you're using an alt site, you've got an account that's probably connected to our server from IP's all across the world, since these accounts are public. If we start IP banning these alts, we're gonna have big issues since some countries handle IP's weirdly. You can easily ban half a country this way, which is, rather embarrassingly, something that has happened before. We do not ban IP's. It's a mostly fruitlessly venture that just ends up harming more people than it does hindering actual cheaters.

Unipotatoo

Jun 21, 2017
United States
aerosurvival.com
If you have 10+ accounts, you're either rich or you're using an alt site. If you're using an alt site, you've got an account that's probably connected to our server from IP's all across the world, since these accounts are public. If we start IP banning these alts, we're gonna have big issues since some countries handle IP's weirdly. You can easily ban half a country this way, which is, rather embarrassingly, something that has happened before. We do not ban IP's. It's a mostly fruitlessly venture that just ends up harming more people than it does hindering actual cheaters.
lock?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations bro you can do it !! 🤍
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!
Top Bottom