Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sammich

Nov 16, 2021
Quite simply put, add a chess gamemode! There could be two modes, normal and Evolved...
The first one is chess. Considering modes like tower defense were made, this shouldn't be too hard to make.

The other one is a bit more fancy, the board is larger and has custom pieces that you can unlock with points. If the player does not have a piece unlocked, it would be replaced with a pawn until it is unlocked.

I just randomly came up with this so let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
-Sammich

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Ive played minecraft chess before, and its absolutely amazing!! However, that was on a small server, and there is a reason why it simply doesnt work on big servers as cubecraft (and hence :disagree:for me)

People like to try all gamemodes. Chess is an advanced gamemode that requires a certain skill you cant just easily learn in tutorials just like the one with tower defense. The skill levels between players is so different over a large group of players, so what you get is the people that are terrible or new to chess, not willing to play it because they either dont get it, or they get no fair chance because they are against someone really good, and the absolute pro's playing it maybe a little bit. however, if you would be really good at chess, you are not playing minecraft because of it. besides that you will get an issue with max times and stuff, which is possible to make but doesnt help the overall experience for players

Long story short: The game experience for players would be terrific, the game would barely attract any players and there are a few issues when it comes to actually implementing, so it would be unnecessary work for the cubecraft developers.

Hope my explanation is not as dramatic as it sounds in my head right now, but concluding I dont think minecraft chess is made for cubecraft

TheMrSpacee

Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2021
Russia
Pronouns
He/Him
Quite simply put, add a chess gamemode! There could be two modes, normal and Evolved...
The first one is chess. Considering modes like tower defense were made, this shouldn't be too hard to make.

The other one is a bit more fancy, the board is larger and has custom pieces that you can unlock with points. If the player does not have a piece unlocked, it would be replaced with a pawn until it is unlocked.

I just randomly came up with this so let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
-Sammich
I agree only normal mod.

Apr 15, 2020
Sounds interesting but (no hate towards anyone) a lot of people only know the basics of chess which means that if you're already a bit good at it and you're above the basics you can beat 90% of your opponents. But still despite cube being small chess is a 1v1 and you don't need that much players for it. Maybe it can be something like "duels" (not in duels) where we got not to much players but is still fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Blom and Silco

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I never tried to play chess in Minecraft, but I definitely would want to! However, I don't think CubeCraft is the right fit for this game. People of all ages play on Cube, and as chess can become a pretty complicated game, I'd rather not see it on here. Also, I just don't think it will stay popular a few weeks after release, and that would be a waste of dev time to code this entirely new game mode.

• Agree
Reactions: Blom and Silco
Apr 15, 2020
I never tried to play chess in Minecraft, but I definitely would want to! However, I don't think CubeCraft is the right fit for this game. People of all ages play on Cube, and as chess can become a pretty complicated game, I'd rather not see it on here. Also, I just don't think it will stay popular a few weeks after release, and that would be a waste of dev time to code this entirely new game mode.
Age doesn't matter. People of all ages play chess. 2 There is always a hype that goes down at one point but it can still have a standard player amount of 50-100 i think.

Reactions: Frontlane

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Age doesn't matter. People of all ages play chess. 2 There is always a hype that goes down at one point but it can still have a standard player amount of 50-100 i think.
Good point! Chess indeed is a game of all ages, but I meant that there will be these unbeatable chess masters, making the game basically unwinnable for more inexperienced players. (as you said above) It was wrong to link that to age.
A player amount of 100 sounds a bit much imo, maybe at release, it might have more than 100, but eventually, I think it would die out a bit like Among Slimes during off-peak hours. Maybe not as much, as chess is a pretty timeless game, but still. Chess might be fitting in the featured games, however then, I still don't think it's worth the dev time for that.

Apr 15, 2020
Good point! Chess indeed is a game of all ages, but I meant that there will be these unbeatable chess masters, making the game basically unwinnable for more inexperienced players. (as you said above) It was wrong to link that to age.
A player amount of 100 sounds a bit much imo, maybe at release, it might have more than 100, but eventually, I think it would die out a bit like Among Slimes during off-peak hours. Maybe not as much, as chess is a pretty timeless game, but still. Chess might be fitting in the featured games, however then, I still don't think it's worth the dev time for that.
I agree on that first part like i said before "Sounds interesting but (no hate towards anyone) a lot of people only know the basics of chess which means that if you're already a bit good at it and you're above the basics you can beat 90% of your opponents." that's basically what you said. And yeah 100 players is a too high. Only I am not sure if it would die out, I think it will only become more harder overtime. Maybe we can prevent skill differences by making ranked options?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom