Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you play this mode?

• Total voters

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Hmm, to me it seems like pure disrespect of a members idea. To say someone's idea isn't good, but stating that you have a similar idea that's far superior is just rude. We should be supporting other members, and even if we don't believe their ideas are the best, we should respect the fact that they are trying to improve our community and support them in useful ways instead of putting them down, clearly.
He never said his idea was superior, he said that if the suggestee wanted the suggestion implemented, he was going to post a similar thread.
Heres what he actually said:
I don't really like this.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
He never said his idea was superior, he said that if the suggestee wanted the suggestion implemented, he was going to post a similar thread.
Heres what he actually said:
That's true, but by saying someone has an idea similar to your own that you don't like, and saying you are still going to suggest it means you believe your own is good enough to be implemented, implies that you believe your idea is superior. That kind of attitude towards another member isn't necessary, nor constructive for the member you are putting down.

Reactions: TheMilkmanGamer

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
and saying you are still going to suggest it
Again, he said he was going to suggest something SIMILAR.
That's true, but by saying someone has an idea similar to your own that you don't like, and saying you are still going to suggest it means you believe your own is good enough to be implemented, implies that you believe your idea is superior. That kind of attitude towards another member isn't necessary, nor constructive for the member you are putting down.
What you seem to be saying is that if someone suggests banning all players (ridiculous and would clearly never be implemented), and someone says on that thread that he was going to suggest a completely reasonable idea, like putting E-Pearls in normal mode (not ridiculous and could be implemented), the player with the reasonable idea is insensitive.
That clearly doesn't make sense.
I know that this is not to that extreme, and that both ideas have a chance to be implemented.
But still, he's entitled to his opinion, and he thinks this is a bad idea.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
Again, he said he was going to suggest something SIMILAR.

What you seem to be saying is that if someone suggests banning all players (ridiculous and would clearly never be implemented), and someone says on that thread that he was going to suggest a completely reasonable idea, like putting E-Pearls in normal mode (not ridiculous and could be implemented), the player with the reasonable idea is insensitive.
That clearly doesn't make sense.
I know that this is not to that extreme, and that both ideas have a chance to be implemented.
But still, he's entitled to his opinion, and he thinks this is a bad idea.

Saying he will make a similar idea on my thread is kind of distracting and off topic, which is why it can be perceived as rude. I am aware that small changes to a gamemode can influence the gameplay a lot, so a similar idea of his could potentially be better than mine. In that case though, I would have preferred if he simply told me what to change. Of course, he has the right to do and think whatever he wishes, and that is up to him. The thing is that a complaint without specific feedback / comments on what they disagree can be frustrating to idea-makers, especially since he is saying that he has relevant ideas (his similar concept) that he didn't share with me.

Back onto the original topic, you said that my idea was too similar to OP, too weird, and similar to another idea before.

I feel it is different than OP because in OP the armor is very powerful compared to the swords, while in this mode the swords (which have knockback) are very powerful compared to the armor. Also, there are many new tools to fight with (lava, blindness arrows, explosive arrows, speed pots) while in OP mode, everything is simply cheaper and/or buffed up (sharpness swords, protection armor, power bows, gapples, shields).

It is certainly different. I wanted it to be different because I felt like that would make it more original. I can understand why it would feel weird but it would definitely change up the gameplay if a donater selected this mode, which I think would be fun.

I was unaware of that post you linked when I posted my idea, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I still believe the idea you linked to is quite different than mine, and I probably would have called that one Random mode instead of insane mode, since there are a lot of chance-based aspects in it that dont make a lot of sense gameplay wise.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Saying he will make a similar idea on my thread is kind of distracting and off topic, which is why it can be perceived as rude.
Saying he will make a similar thread is not distracting or off-topic.
I don't get at all how its distracting.
In terms of off-topic, its not at all off-topic, because, like he said, its SIMILAR.
n that case though, I would have preferred if he simply told me what to change.
Clearly he was going to change it enough that it wasn't plausible to add it to your idea.
I can understand why it would feel weird but it would definitely change up the gameplay if a donater selected this mode, which I think would be fun.
You haven't answered the question at all.
"It would definitely change the gameplay" just proves my point that the gameplay is way too weird.
I probably would have called that one Random mode instead of insane mode
I would say that the two are both called Insane for a similar reason, in that they're both way too different from what EggWars is supposed to be, because EggWars is basically a strategy based game with a lot of Normal PvP, not random factors like these.
If the CubeCraft wanted EggWars to have things like lava, they probably would have put it in from the beginning, like their other games.

Also, you haven't mentioned my original reason:
For one, EggWars is CubeCrafts most popular game, and it won't be getting any major updates for a while (or so I predict).

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
Saying he will make a similar thread is not distracting or off-topic.
I don't get at all how its distracting.
In terms of off-topic, its not at all off-topic, because, like he said, its SIMILAR.

Clearly he was going to change it enough that it wasn't plausible to add it to your idea.

You haven't answered the question at all.
"It would definitely change the gameplay" just proves my point that the gameplay is way too weird.

I would say that the two are both called Insane for a similar reason, in that they're both way too different from what EggWars is supposed to be, because EggWars is basically a strategy based game with a lot of Normal PvP, not random factors like these.
If the CubeCraft wanted EggWars to have things like lava, they probably would have put it in from the beginning, like their other games.

Also, you haven't mentioned my original reason:

It is distracting and off topic because he is basically advertising his idea without even mentioning mine.

If he was gonna change enough, it wouldnt be similar.

What is weird about it? Saying something is weird does not help me answer your question. The OP gameplay is different than the normal gameplay is different than the hardcore gameplay. Please be more specific.

I guess they are both called insane because they are supposed to be different, but they are also very different from each other. How do you know what Eggwars is "supposed to be"? How would insane mode be any less strategic than normal? The PvP gamemode has an Insane mode and I dont see why eggwars can't also have one. Please stop saying "Cubecraft doesn't want this" when you are not a staff member and dont represent cubecraft. Lava exists in PvP insane mode, so it would make sense to be in eggwars insane mode.

Sorry, I forgot to mention your original reason the first time around. Again, you are falsely representing cubecraft. This would be an additional feature and nothing is going away. Just because you predict that they aren't changing eggwars doesn't make my idea invalid.

What I am annoyed at is that you say that it isn't going to happen and cubecraft doesn't like it instead of saying what is actually wrong with it. While it is possible that cubecraft actually holds this position, I will wait for a staff member to confirm what cubecraft wants.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
It is distracting and off topic because he is basically advertising his idea without even mentioning mine.
That doesn't help me figure out why it distracting or off-topic.
If he was gonna change enough, it wouldnt be similar.
Thats not necessarily true.
He could have both a similar idea with enough changes that its not enough to change yours. (e.g: Google and Bing).
What is weird about it? Saying something is weird does not help me answer your question.
Its weird in the fact that both OP, Normal, and HardCore have the attribute that they basically all have the same (more or less) items.
This is a completely new take on the game.
How do you know what Eggwars is "supposed to be"?
I've been playing it for a year.
The PvP gamemode has an Insane mode and I dont see why eggwars can't also have one
Because PvP and EggWars are two different games.
The entire point of PvP is anomaly and weirdness.
EggWars is an established game without any aspect of anything weird in the existing versions.
Please stop saying "Cubecraft doesn't want this" when you are not a staff member and dont represent cubecraft
I never said "CubeCraft doesn't want this".
I said:
Thats offering proof of the fact that CubeCraft doesn't want lava in EggWars.
Lava exists in PvP insane mode, so it would make sense to be in eggwars insane mode.
No it wouldn't. As I said:
"The entire point of PvP is anomaly and weirdness.
EggWars is an established game without any aspect of anything weird in the existing versions."
Again, you are falsely representing cubecraft.
Oh, am I?
(or so I predict).
This would be an additional feature and nothing is going away.
That still qualifies perfectly as an "update".
What I am annoyed at is that you say that it isn't going to happen and cubecraft doesn't like it instead of saying what is actually wrong with it.
I told you exactly whats wrong with it:
Its weird, too similar to OP, and its been suggested before.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
That doesn't help me figure out why it distracting or off-topic.

Thats not necessarily true.
He could have both a similar idea with enough changes that its not enough to change yours. (e.g: Google and Bing).

Its weird in the fact that both OP, Normal, and HardCore have the attribute that they basically all have the same (more or less) items.
This is a completely new take on the game.

I've been playing it for a year.

Because PvP and EggWars are two different games.
The entire point of PvP is anomaly and weirdness.
EggWars is an established game without any aspect of anything weird in the existing versions.

I never said "CubeCraft doesn't want this".
I said:

Thats offering proof of the fact that CubeCraft doesn't want lava in EggWars.

No it wouldn't. As I said:
"The entire point of PvP is anomaly and weirdness.
EggWars is an established game without any aspect of anything weird in the existing versions."

Oh, am I?

That still qualifies perfectly as an "update".

I told you exactly whats wrong with it:
Its weird, too similar to OP, and its been suggested before.

Google and Bing are basically the same (both search engines) with a few minor differences. It would have been nice for him to leave some sort of feedback / ideas. It is technically possible(for example, to be similar in concept but have all the items be different), but he never said anything like that. If and when he posts this idea, I would like to see it to tell how different / similar it is.

I do not understand how this gamemode can be both too similar to OP and too different from OP (weird).

I have been playing eggwars for about 2 months. You are clearly very experienced at eggwars compared to me. So? That does not mean that eggwars is supposed to be that way. Cubecraft determines what eggwars is supposed to be, with input from the community. We are both community members and not staff members so the value of our inputs is determined by evidence alone.

PvP and Eggwars are certainly 2 different games. Eggwars is much more strategic. The entire point of PvP is PvP. Allowing players to fight each other. Not anomaly and weirdness. There is nothing weird about 80% (approx) of the PvP gamemodes. The only ones that are in any way non standard are Wings and Insane mode.

You said cubecraft doesnt want this without using those exact words. You cannot speak for cubecraft. Just because something is the way it is doesn't mean it should stay that way.

Yes it is an update, but the other 3 gamemodes will remain 100% unchanged. You are providing reasons for why it wont be added rather than why is shouldn't be added.

It is weird because it there are new items. OK. Its too similar to OP how? How is it too weird and too similar at the same time? Different does not imply bad. As I stated before, the idea you linked to is very different than mine.

By your logic, @QuackoNumeroUno should not be able to post his idea because I posted this one first.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
@AmiB00s @POWER_RANGER
Not sure if this is codable, but maybe if lava flow could be partially restricted to only 1 block? That way you can still cover stuff with it but it will be more expensive to do so and there will be no lava oceans.

Otherwise, completely stopping lava flow and reducing the price of lava will work.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
@AmiB00s @POWER_RANGER
Not sure if this is codable, but maybe if lava flow could be partially restricted to only 1 block? That way you can still cover stuff with it but it will be more expensive to do so and there will be no lava oceans.

Otherwise, completely stopping lava flow and reducing the price of lava will work.
It is done by many servers they can do it :D

D

Deleted member 48685

Maybe, but then it might be better to make it a game by itself

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom