Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you play this mode?

• Total voters

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
It's possible! I mean, it would make it totally insane as the name suggests, which would be hella fun:) another suggestion instead of elytra is to edit maps for this mode to have pre-built bridges like safari and end to prevent camping. Plus, it'd make the games even faster. Maybe make Obby 1 or 2 gold only to really help out;)

Hmm, interesting. Bridges would definitely speed things up and probably make everyone's egg dead in like 1 minute. If there are bridges, cheap defenses will be a must. A few questions I had about your idea: Will players be able to break this bridge? How wide will it be? What will it be made of?

I feel like on some maps pre built bridges could ruin the gameplay but be useful on others.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
Hmm, interesting. Bridges would definitely speed things up and probably make everyone's egg dead in like 1 minute. If there are bridges, cheap defenses will be a must. A few questions I had about your idea: Will players be able to break this bridge? How wide will it be? What will it be made of?

I feel like on some maps pre built bridges could ruin the gameplay but be useful on others.
It'd be the same layout as safari or end, one block wide, unbreakable, and any block fitting in with the map pallet.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
It'd be the same layout as safari or end, one block wide, unbreakable, and any block fitting in with the map pallet.

OK cool. I like the idea of being able to cross the void by air (pearl or wings) but a bridge could also work. The problem arises when both sides have punch bows and neither can cross without being knocked off. A 1 block bridge that is not perfectly flat or straight (like safari i think) would be possible to defend against, especially with knockback swords, while also easy to attack in the early stages of the game.

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
OK so I had this random idea for a new eggwars gamemode / item type called Insane mode (kinda like PvP insane mode

Its just for fun, and its supposed to be crazy. Let me know what you think.

Starting with the basic Normal Mode items, the changes are as follows.

Item changes

1) all swords and axes have knockback 1
2) TNT cost 1 gold
3) Obsidian cost 6 gold
4) Shields have unbreaking 1

New items

1) Slime block replaces haystack
2) Lava (misc) 10 diamonds. This is the lava block not the bucket so you cant pick it up.
3) Speed 2 potions, 45 seconds (misc) 16 gold.
4) Stone brick Monster Egg (blocks) 32 iron****
5) Speed 3 potions, 30 seconds (misc) 32 gold
6) Throwable TNT (misc) 8 gold. It will be enchanted/glowy to distinguish it from regular TNT *
7) Diamond pick, efficiency 5 (picks) 20 diamond.
8) Blindness arrows, 10 seconds (archery) 1 gold
9) Diamond Sword, knockback 2 sharpness 1 (weapons) 48 diamond
10) Bow, explosive arrows 2 (archery) 48 diamond
11) Elytra, damaged** (misc) 64 diamond
12) Spawn Endermite (misc) 25 gold***
13) Pufferfish (food) 64 diamond

*Not sure if its possible to have both regular and throwable tnt at the same time
**The elytra will have only 12 seconds of durability
***The endermites are on your team and have a colored nametag. They also have Speed 1.
****The silverfish are not on anyone's team and will attack the nearest player.

EDIT 1: Lava cannot be placed near generators, the eggwars shop, or too close to your teammates
EDIT 2: By popular demand, the ender pearl has been removed
EDIT 3: I am considering adding a sponge that can soak up both lava and water in order to counter lava'd eggs. Do you think this is a good idea?

Any feedback / suggestions would be appreciated
nah op is enough :P

Talia5567

Aug 21, 2016
Somewhere on earth
yes indeed overpowered is good tho,insane is like overpowered and some player on :cube_light: dont like alot overpowerd althou they might stop playing the game and change to another it's better if you keep Normal and overpowered no less no more

Hope my advice was good :p

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
OK cool. I like the idea of being able to cross the void by air (pearl or wings) but a bridge could also work. The problem arises when both sides have punch bows and neither can cross without being knocked off. A 1 block bridge that is not perfectly flat or straight (like safari i think) would be possible to defend against, especially with knockback swords, while also easy to attack in the early stages of the game.
Take punch bows away, make the bridges two blocks wide.;)

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
@Waveware @y2002a6n13 @Talia5567 @YounB

The problem most player have with overpowered mode is that it lasts forever. To kill someone you must either knock them off the edge (unlikely) or break all their armor sets, which is extremely tedious.

This gamemode is designed to be very quick, since a knockback sword can easily kill someone and you have speed, flight, and pre built bridges to attack someone else's egg.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
@Waveware @y2002a6n13 @Talia5567 @YounB

The problem most player have with overpowered mode is that it lasts forever. To kill someone you must either knock them off the edge (unlikely) or break all their armor sets, which is extremely tedious.

This gamemode is designed to be very quick, since a knockback sword can easily kill someone and you have speed, flight, and pre built bridges to attack someone else's egg.
OP doesn't take forever on 1.8, if I want to play OP I go over to 1.8.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I'm sorry to say, but this isn't going to happen.
For one, EggWars is CubeCrafts most popular game, and it won't be getting any major updates for a while (or so I predict).
A second, this idea is not a very likely idea to be implemented, because its too similar to OP, and its too weird. Just plain weird.
And last, something similar has been suggested before:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-insane-mode.131682/#post-552807

...I might post a thread myself later with a similar idea however.
You don't like it, yet you're going to post a similar suggestion to it? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
What he clearly means is that this suggestion is not great, but something similar may work, so he's going to post a thread with said idea.

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
What he clearly means is that this suggestion is not great, but something similar may work, so he's going to post a thread with said idea.

Hmm, to me it seems like pure disrespect of a members idea. To say someone's idea isn't good, but stating that you have a similar idea that's far superior is just rude. We should be supporting other members, and even if we don't believe their ideas are the best, we should respect the fact that they are trying to improve our community and support them in useful ways instead of putting them down, clearly.

Reactions: TheMilkmanGamer

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
@QuackoNumeroUno Thank you for your feedback. However, if you feel like my suggestion is lacking and that something similar will work, I would really appreciate constructive criticism and specific comments and suggestions on what is wrong with my idea, why it won't work, and how you would suggest I change it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom