Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

There are three commands on the server that I believe should be changed. They are /help, /report, and /rules.

Help
Currently, /help only shows you three things. It will tell you show to message someone, how to leave a game, and how to go to a lobby.

I believe that for new users, that doesn't do much. Instead, it should show things like reporting, the forums, the store and friends. How to play certain games might be put it, like /help eggwars, which would then take you to a forums post with how to play it?

Currently, there is nothing for /report. However, I believe that it should show the links to the reporting website and the guide to using it.

Rules
When you do /rules, it gives you a link to the rules. However this does not help for people who speak other languages. When the command is entered three links should come up, English, Spanish, and Netherland(ish?)(Apparently it's "Dutch") so that people of other backgrounds can understand the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
I agree with all of this, though I don't really see too big of a need for /rules being in other languages considering most of the people on the server who do have another main language can understand English enough to at least comprehend the rules.

Reactions: Gamerfull

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I agree with all the 3 ideas, this would help new players on CubeCraft and if players have questions about reporting rule breakers, they could use /report. Nice thought.

Sijpieboy

Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2015
Somewhere in Holland
Netherland(ish?)
Dutch ;)

Anyways, I like your suggestion. The /help command isn't really helpful at the moment. As you already said, this will help new players to see where they can report etc.
Maybe it's nice to add a link to the reporting guidelines and probably the link to the discord server, where new players could ask questions in the #staff-help channel.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
The main idea behind this is very good! But I feel like /rules and /help isn't going to be used as much as /report. I think that because /report was a thing in the past, so old players are already aware of it, and new players might think /report is the command to report players, so they will try it out. I'm going to take myself as an example; when I join a new server, and I have problems with something, then I most likely ask a person that's in that lobby to help me out, but I never use the /help command. The same goes with the /rules command, a lot of people still aren't aware of the fact that impersonating isn't allowed, just because they didn't read the rules that well and the only broken rules they can think of are hacking and swearing. I'm currently on vacation so I can't take a look, but when you log into the server you get in chat a little note with the store link I believe and other things, so maybe adding those 3 commands in a red font would attract more people. Just an idea, but your idea is very good!

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I agree with this but I think that the /registerreports (Dunno if the Double R goes there) gives you tips and a link on how to report but Dunno for sure...

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
the /report thing has been suggested by me before and was ccepted by mac. Who isnt staff anymore...

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
A better /help would be grreat :3

/report should definitely give the the report website and possibly the guidelines and tutorial for reporting.

/rules is really needed. I no longer report people for chat offenses that often as people generally dont know they are breaking the rules and for targetted offenses the starting punishment is way too harsh imo. Now I simply tell these people to watch out as they can get reported and almost all the time they didnt know it was against the rules to just say something like "hypixel" or even mask a swear.

Sijpieboy

Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2015
Somewhere in Holland
when I join a new server, and I have problems with something, then I most likely ask a person that's in that lobby to help me out, but I never use the /help command.
Ow... Hmm. When I join a server and I don't actually know what to do, the first thing I do is typing /help. So there's a difference between players, which means that for some players (like me) it could be really helpful ;)

LanceDaniels

Forum Expert
Jul 4, 2016
Those are cool ideas! I agree with all 3 ideas. :)

Those ideas could help a lot to CubeCraft.

D

Deleted member 169486

I agree with this but I think that the /registerreports (Dunno if the Double R goes there) gives you tips and a link on how to report but Dunno for sure...
The thing is, would that really be the thing you try or would you use /report?

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
Help
Currently, /help only shows you three things. It will tell you show to message someone, how to leave a game, and how to go to a lobby.
This would be a helpful command. It shows where you can report a rulebreaker, some basic commands and it gives you accessibility to the 'Allowed mod's list', for example.
There is only one problem - I think 3 of the 10 players will use this command.

Currently, there is nothing for /report. However, I believe that it should show the links to the reporting website and the guide to using it.
If you mean something like this: /report SrKlompenstein Killaura, then I have to say: no sorry.
But your idea is great!

Rules
When you do /rules, it gives you a link to the rules. However this does not help for people who speak other languages. When the command is entered three links should come up, English, Spanish, and Netherland(ish?) so that people of other backgrounds can understand the rules.
To correct you: it is not Netherland(ish), but Dutch, haha!
Also, this is a great idea! :)

G

Gamerfull

I agree with everything, but it is not necessary to put the rules in all the idios, I see it unnecessary since the main language of the Server is English

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Ow... Hmm. When I join a server and I don't actually know what to do, the first thing I do is typing /help. So there's a difference between players, which means that for some players (like me) it could be really helpful ;)
Well, forget what I said. But maybe it's still an idea to add those commands to that little note that you get when you join a different game lobby. (Such as Skywars, Minerware, Arcade & even the main hub, if you know what message I mean)

Reactions: Sijpieboy

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
There are three commands on the server that I believe should be changed. They are /help, /report, and /rules.

Help

I believe that for new users, that doesn't do much. Instead, it should show things like reporting, the forums, the store and friends. How to play certain games might be put it, like /help eggwars, which would then take you to a forums post with how to play it?

Rules
When you do /rules, it gives you a link to the rules. However this does not help for people who speak other languages. When the command is entered three links should come up, English, Spanish, and Netherland(ish?)(Apparently it's "Dutch") so that people of other backgrounds can understand the rules.
Neat suggestions! I agree! :)

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Dajidus's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Top Bottom