Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should clans be added?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Yes, but with certain edits (comment what)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because there are better things staff should spend their time on

• No, because there is another game on cubecraft that is too similar to this

• No, because not many people would play it

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, for 2 or 3 reasons listed above

• No, for a reason not listed above (comment why)

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been looking for a clans server for a year or two. I was actually thinking of making my own! I can't really find a good clans server, but I think that if cubecraft added clans, that would be great! I've been thinking of what my clans server would be like if I owned my own, but if I explained it all below, I would estimate, without exaggeration, that it would be 50,000 characters. So I've decided to make the basic information, instead of every single detail.

Land claims
Land would be claimable, but only after getting a certain clans stat and a certain amount of money. Once achieved, a co-leader or leader could use /clan claim on the chunk they're standing on to claim an unclaimed chunk. Each land claim would be one chunk, which is an 8x8x255 rectangle, 255 being the height. Each chunk would allow you to build a bigger clan base. An "Are you sure?" message would pop up in chat where they could press the chat button and click YES or NO.

Shop
To earn money, players gather resources. Each resource gives a certain amount of money, depending on how rare it is. Certain axes and pickaxes break different blocks at different speeds. Players could use a /clan shop command to access the shop, where they could spend money to do 3 different things: Buy clan popularity, which would increase their clan popularity points. When players use /clan list, they see every clan, and the clans with the highest number of clan popularity points are shown at the top. (The clans shown on /clan list are in the form of a book which shows pages of clans. Otherwise it would spam the chat with an incredible amount of clans, especially after the game gets popular.) Players can also buy tools and other items like swords, pickaxes, and food. They can also donate to clan bank, which I'll explain below.

Clan bank
The clan bank would be where Co-leaders and leaders (as explained below) spend money for clan perks. They cannot use clan bank for buying pickaxes, swords, food, etc, but they can use it to buy such things as land claims which help the whole clan. Also, they can upgrade tools, which allows new tools to be bought, allowing clan members to mine different ores. They can also increase the speed of tools by adding an efficiency enchantment to each tool, making there 6 levels for each tool: One unenchanted, and the other 5 efficiency enchanted.

Ranks
Each clan would have ranks, which are member, elder, co-leader, and leader. Leader is automatically given to the person who starts the clan, and member is given to anyone who joins the clan. Elder and co-leader are earned through promotions. Any rank higher than the rank you're promoting someone to can promote a player. For example, co-leaders can promote members to elders because the co-leader is the rank just above elder, which is the rank the co-leader is promoting the member to. Leaders can promote elders to co-leaders.

Raids and war
Now for the fun part: Raids and war. Victory points can be gained by winning in a war or lost by losing in a war. Your victory points influence who you raid. A raid can be started by a leader or co-leader by typing /clan raid. They can then receive a map showing an image of the clan they want to raid. When they like the target, they can start a raid! The map showing the image also shows the members online out of total members like this: Members online: <members online>/<members total>. It also shows how many victory points the target has. To browse targets, left click. To select a target, right click. An "Are you sure?" message will pop up in chat. If they press YES, the target clan gets 60 seconds to prepare, then the raid begins! If they press NO, the map appears again. In a raid, the attacking side tries to kill the defending side and destroy their clan home, the bed. The defending side tries to stop the attacking side until the time runs out and respawns at the bed in a certain amount of time, which depends on how many players attacking compared to defending. If the attacking side destroys the target's clan home, they win. If the defenders stop the attackers from doing so until the time runs out, they win. War happens when a leader or co-leader uses /clan war. They can then get the map from before again and select a target. The target selected, however, will have to accept the war invitation. When the war starts, each member from each clan gets put together in a smaller arena, so that their clans are built closer together with a limited space. The clan homes are also closer to each other so that members of each clan don't take half an hour to charge. The war is basically a two-sided raid where the players from the clans charge towards each other's bases and fight, and the first clan to destroy the opposing clan's home is the winner!

Clan stats
All players in the clans game except players who are not in a clan can use /clan stats to see their clan’s stats, which would show them how many raid wins and losses they had, raid win percentage, war wins and losses, war win percentage, chunks claimed, clan level (as explained below milestones), and clan bank money. This information would be shown in chat.

Milestones
Milestones are earned by doing several acts like donating money to the clan bank, claiming new chunks etc. Milestone 1 might be 2 chunks claimed, 1 raid won, and $300 donated to the clan bank. The donated clan bank money would be the total amount ever donated in the clan, not the current clan bank money. They would earn clan money for the clan bank, clan experience, and allow you to get clan levels.

Clan levels
The most important part of the clans game. Clan levels would multiply the money earned by each clan member, multiply the clan popularity earned from donating to clan popularity, get players better swords, and much more. Clan experience can be seen by doing the /clan exp or /clan xp command, and shows current clan exp and the clan exp needed for the next level. It can be earned by doing any of the following: Claiming a new chunk, winning a raid, winning a war, getting a new player in the clan, or completing milestones. The clan game may start with only 10 levels, but be updated to have more like 80. Each time a clan leveled up, their exp would reset back to zero but their level would remain where it was.
Level 1: 0 exp
Level 2: 10 exp
Level 3: 30 exp
Level 4: 60 exp
Level 5: 100 exp
Level 6: 200 exp
Level 7: 400 exp
Level 8: 750 exp
Level 9: 1,100 exp
Level 10: 1,800 exp
Those are a few levels to start you off. Now I'm going to continue until of listed 80... ok, ok, I'm kidding.

Summary
The clans game is a new game in which you can raid and have war with other clans. By completing milestones, winning raids or wars, and a few more, you can level up your clan. The clan bank is used to buy land claims and more. The clan home would be a bed, beacon, or some other cool block, and it is the target of other clans in wars or raids. Every time you level up in clan level, money earned and many other bonuses multiply by a small amount.

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
This sounds a lot like a factions type of thing. I think factions is a cool game, but our community isn’t really geared towards that. Factions is pretty long term investments with lots of grinding, and our player base is currently built around the fast paced games like eggwars and skywars. Yes, we could bring in a new audience, especially if it is 1.9 factions since we would be the largest 1.9 factions server, but that would be a ginormous risk for us as a business.
Not really sure if this would be a good investment of time if this were taken into consideration.

Reactions: TyFoxy

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
wait wait, I skimmed over this but. Is this your version of factions? Or?
Kind of, but I don’t even know if there’s a difference between factions and clans. They both mean teams. I’d be fine with just a simple Clans game with like, 8 chunks to claim, and the rest of it is normal minecraft. Being honest, all I want is simply Clans. I’ve been searching for a Clans server for years! It would be so great if Cubecraft added this!

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
i mean they had factions but it got like 11 players on at peak. plus, cubecraft would have to compete with the factions heavyweights which is frankly impossible at this point. plus, don't know anybody on the cube team who knows the first thing about factions so they'd probably have to hire another few people to implement this and yeah, you see my point.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #54-
The original Enderman had green eyes, and emitted smoke particles. They were later changed to purple eyes, and now Enderman emit purple teleportation particles instead of smoke.
Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Top Bottom