Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eclipsed

Oct 24, 2021
yes
www.youtube.com
With 1.19 beta being out on both versions now, I think there should be a new leaderboard for every mode (like the same type as the Eggwars season leaderboard). This wouldn't replace the all time one, but just a new one that provides more motivation to reach the top. I know this kinda already exists in the 1.19 bedrock beta, with all stats being reverted, and it actually seems like a good idea to keep to provide more of a reason to play specific modes.

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
I don't know. Eggwars has this because of its seasons and what comes with them. I feel like this will mostly demotivate players that spent a lot of hours playing those gamemode rather than motivating them. The idea that there will be a new leaderboard that comes out makes them less eager to try and get leaderboards because they know it will be easier when they wait for them to be released. They will only play when a new leaderboard is out.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This has been brought up several times as a way to create competition within the cubecraft community, which I am supportive of and agree that it is an issue. However, I have learned that many players value their leaderboard status and feel that new leaderboards would take away the meaning of the current ones. The solution I propose is to have seasonal leaderboards that publicly display a smaller portion of top players, between 15 and 5. In my opinion, becoming one of the 5 best players in a given year is just as big of an achievement as becoming one of the 50 best players of all time.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know. Eggwars has this because of its seasons and what comes with them. I feel like this will mostly demotivate players that spent a lot of hours playing those gamemode rather than motivating them. The idea that there will be a new leaderboard that comes out makes them less eager to try and get leaderboards because they know it will be easier when they wait for them to be released. They will only play when a new leaderboard is out.
From personal experience as a growing leaderboard player, most top players in the mode I play are already unmotivated to grind any further. Here is a graph of the top 12 players in lucky island solos, where the y-axis represents a players respective number of wins and the x-axis represents the number of days since May 24th, 2023, the day I started making this graph. As you can see, only one player has made significant progress to rise to the top (coincidentally, that player is me). I think that the current top players are either retired or unmotivated to grind any further, due to major gaps between players and the #1 player dominating the category. Unfortunately, new players are also unmotivated because you need nearly 3000 wins to even get on the leaderboard, a commitment few are willing to make. As a result, I feel like there isn’t much competition between players at the top level, and I wouldn’t be surprised if many other categories are facing the same issues. I think new leaderboards could potentially inspire new players to compete, and possibly even motivate old players to continue grinding.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.png
    IMG_0177.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0176.png
    IMG_0176.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: JustNathie

Eclipsed

Oct 24, 2021
yes
www.youtube.com
This has been brought up several times as a way to create competition within the cubecraft community, which I am supportive of and agree that it is an issue. However, I have learned that many players value their leaderboard status and feel that new leaderboards would take away the meaning of the current ones. The solution I propose is to have seasonal leaderboards that publicly display a smaller portion of top players, between 15 and 5. In my opinion, becoming one of the 5 best players in a given year is just as big of an achievement as becoming one of the 50 best players of all time.
ye exactly, not saying it should be the same, but should exist to provide motivation

IPadSweat

May 15, 2023
Idk, because the people tried really hard to get on the leaderboard and that leaderboard would basically be the same as the other one since the same people are spending the same amount of time

Reactions: JustNathie

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
From personal experience as a growing leaderboard player, most top players in the mode I play are already unmotivated to grind any further. Here is a graph of the top 12 players in lucky island solos, where the y-axis represents a players respective number of wins and the x-axis represents the number of days since May 24th, 2023, the day I started making this graph. As you can see, only one player has made significant progress to rise to the top (coincidentally, that player is me). I think that the current top players are either retired or unmotivated to grind any further, due to major gaps between players and the #1 player dominating the category. Unfortunately, new players are also unmotivated because you need nearly 3000 wins to even get on the leaderboard, a commitment few are willing to make. As a result, I feel like there isn’t much competition between players at the top level, and I wouldn’t be surprised if many other categories are facing the same issues. I think new leaderboards could potentially inspire new players to compete, and possibly even motivate old players to continue grinding.
I can agree. as a leaderboard player, it can get demotivating grinding the game any further. But I doubt new leaderboards motivate old players to continue grinding because it's just the same game with no changes other than new statistics. With eggwars seasons, it makes sense to make new leaderboards because of the new different items introduced in each season and they later get removed when that season ends, to avoid making the game repetitive with the same items. For other gamemodes, that is really not the case. It's not easy to come up with new items everytime to make sure it doesn't bore players out. And i believe it's just more work for the developers and designers to always constantly making items for gamemodes just because players wanted to be on the leaderboards. You already gain no reward from being on it, meaning the only meaningful achievement is actually reaching the leaderboards!

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday
Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom