Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the automatic bow be nerfed?

• Total voters
Jul 20, 2019
Maybe i am the only one thinking so (obviously not), but in my opinion the automatic bow needs a nerf.

Lucky islands adds alot custom items with different functions, one thing are the custom bows.
While one beeing not so usefull (snowballs litteraly beeing a better alternative to normal bows than shotgun bows) and other beeing super usefull (grapling hook for getting far away, frozen stunning the enemy and explosive blowing up stuff and seeming to be a bow 2.0), theres also the automatic bow.
This bow is usefull for knocking off players into the void, knocking them away from you, a great bow but also a op one.

Why am i thinking so?
1.Its duration is too long.
Its hard to dodge the arrows once hit due to the konstant knockback basicly preventing you from moving right or left properly, and if youre on a map with rather small islands and no walls with no blocks or shield wands in your inventory nearly impossible to stand without getting knocked into the void, that wouldnt be too much of a problem if the duration of the bow wouldnt feel so damn forever until it stops.
Also, from my experience, in most cases i never used every charge because it simply wasnt nececarry, it barely gets over 10 because in most cases its beeing used it doesnt require so much.

2.It deals too much damage.
One full charge will kill someone with no armor 100% and mid fight when youre 3/4 itll likely kill your enemy easily unless he is full or near full diamond, bowspamming with a normal bow against someone with barely any armor is already deadly enough, but at this point you can get much easier away, unless in some situations where there is small room.

How can this be "fixed"?
Mostly by reducing the charges in the bow itself, as i said in most cases that isnt smashing someone against a wall with two automatic bows so he dies definitly the full charge isnt nececarry at all, this will also reduce damage drastically, making it not actually shred anyone with no to not full iron in one charge, unless you reduce it by like only one arrow. (I am btw not exactly sure how many arrows someone needs to shred a non armor guy, maybe its even less than 10)

If you for some reason want to keep the number of charges, then please atleast reduce the damage, that would help a lot, in the end it takes basicly no skill in keeping someone under the charge of an automatic bow.

My last suggestion for the bow would be to instead making the arrows instantly go into the direction youre looking at (lets say youre aiming in one direction and suddenly youre turning 180°, the arrows go to that direction youre pointing at instantly) make them take one/two arrows between the path from the last arrow and the current position.

Reactions: Just_MiguelGG

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe i am the only one thinking so (obviously not), but in my opinion the automatic bow needs a nerf.

Lucky islands adds alot custom items with different functions, one thing are the custom bows.
While one beeing not so usefull (snowballs litteraly beeing a better alternative to normal bows than shotgun bows) and other beeing super usefull (grapling hook for getting far away, frozen stunning the enemy and explosive blowing up stuff and seeming to be a bow 2.0), theres also the automatic bow.
This bow is usefull for knocking off players into the void, knocking them away from you, a great bow but also a op one.

Why am i thinking so?
Its hard to dodge the arrows once hit due to the konstant knockback basicly preventing you from moving right or left properly, and if youre on a map with rather small islands and no walls with no blocks or shield wands in your inventory nearly impossible to stand without getting knocked into the void, that wouldnt be too much of a problem if the duration of the bow wouldnt feel so damn forever until it stops.
Also, from my experience, in most cases i never used every charge because it simply wasnt nececarry, it barely gets over 10 because in most cases its beeing used it doesnt require so much.

One full charge will kill someone with no armor 100% and mid fight when youre 3/4 itll likely kill your enemy easily unless he is full or near full diamond, bowspamming with a normal bow against someone with barely any armor is already deadly enough, but at this point you can get much easier away, unless in some situations where there is small room.

How can this be "fixed"?
Mostly by reducing the charges in the bow itself, as i said in most cases that isnt smashing someone against a wall with two automatic bows so he dies definitly the full charge isnt nececarry at all, this will also reduce damage drastically, making it not actually shred anyone with no to not full iron in one charge, unless you reduce it by like only one arrow. (I am btw not exactly sure how many arrows someone needs to shred a non armor guy, maybe its even less than 10)

If you for some reason want to keep the number of charges, then please atleast reduce the damage, that would help a lot, in the end it takes basicly no skill in keeping someone under the charge of an automatic bow.

My last suggestion for the bow would be to instead making the arrows instantly go into the direction youre looking at (lets say youre aiming in one direction and suddenly youre turning 180°, the arrows go to that direction youre pointing at instantly) make them take one/two arrows between the path from the last arrow and the current position.

It's really not that much of an issue. No offense but you have to be a pretty bad player to not be able to defend from it. You can block off the area or use a shield. It's if anything a minor inconvenience that can be worked around easily.

Suikerbuik

Nov 21, 2019

Why am i thinking so?

How can this be "fixed"?

Good suggestion!

Reactions: Alexp192

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
Don't think it needs a nerf, it's only OP in very specific situations (trapped in a corner and out of meele range). I normally combine it with another auto or shotgun bow to make a normal vanilla bow.

It's quite simple to counter, just stay out of range. Also it's not that hard to just strafe the arrows because they are all slow, limp arrow shots.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I see your point, but I disagree.
Like stated above, you can just defend yourself from it. What good do shields have if the duration is shortened? Besides, it requires skill and knowledge about Minecraft aswell. Knowledge about the game, also skill and timing, will help you through the game. In these cases, try to place blocks to block the arrows. See what I mean? It's all about timing.
The duration shouldn't be shortened, because it's part of the game. If this is not the case, then accept the fact that the other player(s) have been luckier than you that game. It is Lucky Islands after all. ;)
I agree it is overpowered, but that is if you're lucky enough to get the weapon. It's not like everyone in the game has it.

A bow is designed to do a specific amount of damage. I advise you to follow a lesson of Minecraft logic, please. Also, even if the bow kills a player without gear almost instantly, the bow is there to help you deal with your enemies. Like you mentioned, players with full diamond gear, for example. They'll almost kill you instanteneously, why not have a bow to protect you?

I don't have much to say about this, this is just a big no-no for me. I'm good with how LI is right now, no need to change items for it.

Good suggestion!
Please only reply to this thread if you have anything useful to add to it.

Just_MiguelGG

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands, Utrecht

Why am i thinking so?

How can this be "fixed"?

Try to use a shield. You can get it a lot in eggwars!

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
Top Bottom