Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
So I have a Geforce GTX 950M, but my laptop keeps saying I have like max 80 fps while my display is showing
this;
upload_2018-3-8_20-45-7.png

Should't it give me more FPS? It's sometimes between 500 and 700, when I played a couple hours or it just feels like giving more FPS, but most of the time I have >90 FPS. I most of the times do not lag when I have about 50 FPS, but I just want to know what's wrong and if someone knows a possible fix?

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
The 900M series video cards are pretty crappy tbh.

Just lower your graphic settings, you could also lower the NVIDIA-graphic settings (right click on desktop -> NVIDIA control panel)

Also make sure your laptop isnt in power saver mode, update drivers, etc

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Well , Take a look at this thread maybe you can find it https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-increase-your-fps.195885/
doesn't help xdd

The 900M series video cards are pretty crappy tbh.

Just lower your graphic settings, you could also lower the NVIDIA-graphic settings (right click on desktop -> NVIDIA control panel)

Also make sure your laptop isnt in power saver mode, update drivers, etc
everything is in general settings, any ideas what I should change?

qwertplaysmc

Novice Member
Dec 8, 2017
So I have a Geforce GTX 950M, but my laptop keeps saying I have like max 80 fps while my display is showing
this;
View attachment 143312
Should't it give me more FPS? It's sometimes between 500 and 700, when I played a couple hours or it just feels like giving more FPS, but most of the time I have >90 FPS. I most of the times do not lag when I have about 50 FPS, but I just want to know what's wrong and if someone knows a possible fix?

Hi @Marieke2001

Do you have an fps cap? And how is your max framerate setting? (in your minecraft settings)

Ruben

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
everything is in general settings, any ideas what I should change?
Mc:
Render distance 4-6
Entity shadows off
Smooth lightning off
Clouds off
Texture pack 16x or 32x
Max fps: unlimited

Nvidia:
If you're desperate make sure everything is as low as possible, never really messed around with these as I used integrated graphics with my old laptop (and I don't have to mess around with it on my new laptop \o/ )

Windows:
Open control panel, look for power management (it doesnt show up as an icon, use the search bar instead), then on the left, select "een energiebeheerschema maken" (I dont know what it's called in english, too lazy to look it up), check "Highest performance" -> Next -> Select your preferences, shouldnt make a difference in performance -> create -> Make sure it's selected

This may also help

qwertplaysmc

Novice Member
Dec 8, 2017
Mc:
Render distance 4-6
Entity shadows off
Smooth lightning off
Clouds off
Texture pack 16x or 32x

Nvidia:
If you're desperate make sure everything is as low as possible, never really messed around with these as I used integrated graphics with my old laptop (and I don't have to mess around with it on my new laptop \o/ )

Windows:
Open control panel, look for power management (it doesnt show up as an icon, use the search bar instead), then on the left, select "een energiebeheerschema maken" (I dont know what it's called in english, too lazy to look it up), check "Highest performance" -> Next -> Select your preferences, shouldnt make a difference in performance -> create -> Make sure it's selected

This may also help

Ok agreed this should do the trick. But with this graphic card you should be able to handle max graphics. I think the clue is in the max fps

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hi @Marieke2001

Do you have an fps cap? And how is your max framerate setting? (in your minecraft settings)

Ruben
max framerate is VSync but I don't get any higher FPS if I change it.

Mc:
Render distance 4-6
Entity shadows off
Smooth lightning off
Clouds off
Texture pack 16x or 32x

Nvidia:

Windows:

This may also help
It's not really an FPS problem, but more my video card that is sometimes working sometimes not (should be getting 300> FPS while that barely happens) , will try these out tho, but it probably won't help my problem.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
max framerate is VSync but I don't get any higher FPS if I change it.

It's not really an FPS problem, but more my video card that is sometimes working sometimes not (should be getting 300> FPS while that barely happens) , will try these out tho, but it probably won't help my problem.

Sounds like nvidia optimus \o/

Nvidia optimus makes your pc switch to integrated graphics when doing lighter tasks instead of the dedicated card to save some battery

Check if your laptop has it, if it does, try to disable it if possible (might decrease batterylife),

You may also be able to do it by right clicking the minecraft shortcut and selecting a video card "launch with powerfull graphics gtx 950" or something similair, you could probably also do it with a command in cmd, dont know if you're comfortable using that.

Vsync locks your fps at whatever your monitor supports (most likely 60)

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Screenshot_2017-08-21_00-50-39.png

Apparently rendering the static icons in the desktop is really hard for windows...

Actually, what Landviz said there sounds plausible, otherwise I'd guess that either some kind of malware is running in the background or the laptop is overheating and slowing down as a safety mechanism if it's only slow at some times.

Reactions: Elenahh

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
this;
View attachment 143312
If you want to get more FPS get optifine and adjust some graphic settings.
Leave your render distance at 8-10, disable the fire animation, it consumes a lot. If you download optifine, go to video settings and then performance, turn on smooth FPS, smooth world, fast render, dynamic updates, lazy chunk loading and leave your chunk updates at 1.
Hope this helps.

How are you so sure the problem is caused by your graphics card? Honestly I would maybe expect a nvidia geforce gtx 1060 3/6 gb or a nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti to reach 500 to 700 fps depending on the video settings but I would never expect that from a Geforce GTX 950M. I have a graphics card simular to yours myself and in fact, >90 fps sounds pretty normal for a 900M series graphics card with standard minecraft videosettings. Anyway, I recommend you to try optifine out first since it's simple to install and pretty helpfull in most cases. It gives you loads of extra video settings like lots of different unnecessary animations which you can all decrease/ turn off. Something you may also want to try is allocating more RAM to your minecraft by editing your JVM-arguments in settings in your minecraft launcher. (Don't add too much or it might make things worse), (might also not work depending if you have a 64bit or 32bit computer). This helped me quite a bit. (Just look it up on YouTube if you don't know what I'm talking about, there are loads of tutorials). I always make sure my computer has been off for a while to cool down, no other programs are opened or running in the background and my computer is fully charged before I play to decrease the chance of getting lag spikes.
Anyways, I wish you best of luck solving this problem! ; )

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubo ㅤ
Your ping? Do you have optifine?
I think you might be confused a little bit about what "ping" and "FPS" means.
"Ping" is just an indication on how strong your connection to the server host is usually indicated in "ms". The lower your ping the better your connection to the server host is. Your ping is influenced by various factors, for example: the strength of your wifi connection and how close you are to the server host (so in which country you live in). Cubecraft's ping is the strongest around western Europe and usually worse in other parts of the world. That's why lots of players from South-America for example might tempt to lag a little bit sometimes. FPS on the other hand stands for "frames per second". Like it literally says it indicates how many frames (similar to "pictures") your computer can load in one second. This is mostly influenced by the strength of your graphics card and doesn't have anything to do with your connection to a server. You can literally play singleplayer without any internet and you FPS will still show in the top (left) corner of your screen when pressing f3 on your keyboard. The higher your FPS, the smoother your minecraft looks. Your movements might look like they are chopped into pieces or your game might even freeze if you experience a very low framerate. But this is a completely different kind of lag than the lag caused by a bad ping. With a bad ping you usually experience very slow knock-back, late registered hits, other players seeming to stand still for you while you can't hit them while for them you seem to freeze and they're still able to hit you or even teleporting. You having low FPS is probably more annoying for you than for the other players while it's the other way around with ping sometimes. I hope this made it clear that ping and fps isn't the same. I've seen more people getting confused by this. By the way, Cubecraft's ping in The Netherlands is pretty good so I'd guess her to have a ping around 20 ms if you still wanted to know :).

Reactions: Cubo ㅤ and Dutudy

Dutudy

Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2016
Sweden ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
reports.cubecraft.net
I think you might be confused a little bit about what "ping" and "FPS" means.
"Ping" is just an indication on how strong your connection to the server host is usually indicated in "ms". The lower your ping the better your connection to the server host is. Your ping is influenced by various factors, for example: the strength of your wifi connection and how close you are to the server host (so in which country you live in). Cubecraft's ping is the strongest around western Europe and usually worse in other parts of the world. That's why lots of players from South-America for example might tempt to lag a little bit sometimes. FPS on the other hand stands for "frames per second". Like it literally says it indicates how many frames (similar to "pictures") your computer can load in one second. This is mostly influenced by the strength of your graphics card and doesn't have anything to do with your connection to a server. You can literally play singleplayer without any internet and you FPS will still show in the top (left) corner of your screen when pressing f3 on your keyboard. The higher your FPS, the smoother your minecraft looks. Your movements might look like they are chopped into pieces or your game might even freeze if you experience a very low framerate. But this is a completely different kind of lag than the lag caused by a bad ping. With a bad ping you usually experience very slow knock-back, late registered hits, other players seeming to stand still for you while you can't hit them while for them you seem to freeze and they're still able to hit you or even teleporting. You having low FPS is probably more annoying for you than for the other players while it's the other way around with ping sometimes. I hope this made it clear that ping and fps isn't the same. I've seen more people getting confused by this. By the way, Cubecraft's ping in The Netherlands is pretty good so I'd guess her to have a ping around 20 ms if you still wanted to know :).
I think if i have low ping my fps going little down (I'm using optifine and 5zig and damage indicator)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Top Bottom