Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Sounds like nvidia optimus \o/
Tried to find it, but nothing shows up

You may also be able to do it by right clicking the minecraft shortcut and selecting a video card "launch with powerfull graphics gtx 950" or something similair, you could probably also do it with a command in cmd, dont know if you're comfortable using that.
Still 30 FPS xd

How are you so sure the problem is caused by your graphics card? Honestly I would maybe expect a nvidia geforce gtx 1060 3/6 gb or a nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti to reach 500 to 700 fps
Because I sometimes have a consistent 500-700 FPS, but that rarely happens since my nephew messed around with my Nvidia settings (when I had my laptop for one week -_- )

Hoi Marieke,

Ik heb hetzelfde probleem er zijn 2 dingen waardoor je dit probleem kan oplossen:
- Je videokaart niet gebruiken als je hier hulp bij nodig hebt kan je mij een bericht sturen op Discord.
- Niet in full screen Minecraft spelen.
Ik heb namelijks hetzelfde probleem bij mij helpt het om niet in full screen te spelen als dit niet werkt wil ik je wel verder helpen.
Helpt niks xd

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Still 30 FPS xd
So that option is actually there? Sounds likely to me that this is the issue them. Maybe windows gets confused because only the Minecraft Launcher is started with that option instead of the game itself? Does anything change if you select the option to keep the launcher open?

I found this thread from 2010 that might work to enable the high performance mode for all graphical java programs.

Apparently you can usually also disable the onboard graphic of the cpu in the uefi/bios menu to force the laptop to use the dedicated card, but you probably don't want to do that because that optimus thing seems like a pretty good technology if it works.

Might still want to check if the laptop gets unusually hot, which could force it to slow down.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
So that option is actually there? Sounds likely to me that this is the issue them. Maybe windows gets confused because only the Minecraft Launcher is started with that option instead of the game itself? Does anything change if you select the option to keep the launcher open?

I found this thread from 2010 that might work to enable the high performance mode for all graphical java programs.

Apparently you can usually also disable the onboard graphic of the cpu in the uefi/bios menu to force the laptop to use the dedicated card, but you probably don't want to do that because that optimus thing seems like a pretty good technology if it works.

Might still want to check if the laptop gets unusually hot, which could force it to slow down.
Only Java thing I have is this;
upload_2018-3-9_21-56-25.png

But already had that added to my settings

Because I sometimes have a consistent 500-700 FPS, but that rarely happens since my nephew messed around with my Nvidia settings (when I had my laptop for one week -_- )
I once followed a video tutorial for maximising your nvidia control panel settings. It definitely worked for me.
This one is pretty similar to the one I used:
You can try it if you want... :/ I'd say it's worth a shot. I hope it helps : )

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I once followed a video tutorial for maximising your nvidia control panel settings. It definitely worked for me.
This one is pretty similar to the one I used:
You can try it if you want... :/ I'd say it's worth a shot. I hope it helps : )
It's not about maximizing my FPS though, it's about my random FPS boosts of 600% once in a while, while it actually should be that amount of FPS instead of what I now have (>60 most of the time)

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Mind sharing what specific laptop you're using? You can usually find this on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop, most of the time they start with whatever manufacturer followed by a dash and a seemingly random string of characters.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Only Java thing I have is this; View attachment 143351
But already had that added to my settings
I think there should be at least two executables, java.exe and jawaw.exe. I don't have java installed on windows at the moment, but I know it still was like that with java 7 on windows 7. The thread from 2010 says to add the javaw.exe which is probably the one used my the Minecraft launcher.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Mind sharing what specific laptop you're using? You can usually find this on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop, most of the time they start with whatever manufacturer followed by a dash and a seemingly random string of characters.
Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK 80RU (https://www.google.nl/search?q=leno...AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=949#imgrc=6hmPHA62sSfblM only I have intel core i5

I think there should be at least two executables, java.exe and jawaw.exe. I don't have java installed on windows at the moment, but I know it still was like that with java 7 on windows 7. The thread from 2010 says to add the javaw.exe which is probably the one used my the Minecraft launcher.
Only have this one at control pannel xd, searching it also doesn't show anything

It's not about maximizing my FPS though, it's about my random FPS boosts of 600% once in a while, while it actually should be that amount of FPS instead of what I now have (>60 most of the time)
Well if it's indeed caused by messing up your nvidia settings I'd say:
Remove and re-install your Nvidia driver.
And/or:
Reset your Nvidia control panel.
This way, all games including Minecraft should run the same as from the moment you bought your laptop.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK 80RU (https://www.google.nl/search?q=leno...AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=949#imgrc=6hmPHA62sSfblM only I have intel core i5

Only have this one at control pannel xd, searching it also doesn't show anything
Thinking about it, adding the system wide javaw.exe doesn't make sense anymore, since the new minecraft launcher on windows downloads its own java runtime.
I installed minecraft in a virtual machine with windows 10, and the executable is in `C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe`.
Maybe you can add that to the program settings in the nvidia control panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max ♠

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
OMG that is disgusting! If you are going to use that ugly black theme at least update it so the mc player name has a dark background. Link
Yeah is a dark theme made before that update came out xd. Been to busy and lazy to change, and already had java in settings;
upload_2018-3-11_16-18-46.png

soz for Dutch xd

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom