Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, they should get rid of the necroposting rule and instead make it so that once a thread is over a month old, it gets permanently removed from the trending threads and latest threads tabs. This way, new replies on threads that are over a month old couldn’t potentially revive a thread, but the thread owners or people being replied to would still receive notifications and be able to respond.

To be honest, I don’t really see the harm in someone trying to revive an old thread. Unless they are persistently trying to get other people to react or respond to a dead discussion, I think it is reasonable for someone to want to continue an old thread. I haven’t been here the longest, but I’ve never been a part of any community where necroposting has became an issue, so maybe I just don’t understand the problem here.

Reactions: b16jays11

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
There are some valid instances in which threads may still be of interest to the community even if they've been inactive for 3 weeks or longer, like many of the pinned threads throughout different subforums.

Also, back when I was a Moderator necroposting would be allowed if there was a legitimate reason to bring a thread back to life, for example, if someone feels like a certain suggestion thread is now relevant again, bumping it up might be justified depending on the scenario, and granted that Moderation has drifted apart from punishment tracks and rigid rules, it's only fair the necroposting rule remains flexible and case-specific.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom