Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
psst i realise there's been another thread on this but i saw something and couldn't not post about it ok

hello,

Yesterday, StorySays said this:
Informational threads won't be locked [if necroposted on]
and i was just like ok very nice, next thread please
and then today I see this thread, which most normal people would classify as informational but was still locked. so I get that it is a bit trolly, but it's still informational.

All the rules say about it is this:
Official Rules said:
  • No necroposting on threads that have been inactive for over 2 weeks. Does not apply to news posts, games, or introduction threads.
I think you need to clarify this rule a bit. It should also mention that informational threads will not be locked if necroposted on. You should also define what you mean by informational, as the thread linked above is obviously informational but was locked probably because it was trolly, so you should put a clause in saying something like "Staff will use their own discretion in deciding whether or not a thread is informational" or "Obvious troll threads will be locked if necroposted on regardless of this rule".

let me know what you think,
commissioned

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
psst i realise there's been another thread on this but i saw something and couldn't not post about it ok

hello,

Yesterday, StorySays said this:

and i was just like ok very nice, next thread please
and then today I see this thread, which most normal people would classify as informational but was still locked. so I get that it is a bit trolly, but it's still informational.

All the rules say about it is this:

I think you need to clarify this rule a bit. It should also mention that informational threads will not be locked if necroposted on. You should also define what you mean by informational, as the thread linked above is obviously informational but was locked probably because it was trolly, so you should put a clause in saying something like "Staff will use their own discretion in deciding whether or not a thread is informational" or "Obvious troll threads will be locked if necroposted on regardless of this rule".

let me know what you think,
commissioned
That thread is literally a joke, it's not even informational. You know exactly what we mean so don't try to pull a fast one.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
What does that have to do with anything? they aren't the ones locking the threads. We are.
umm...
I'm not sure if that response is supposed to be a joke or what?

It obviously has everything to do with it as they won't know whether they will be punished and if the thread will be locked when they necropost on a thread...

Reactions: Shallidor

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
umm...
I'm not sure if that response is supposed to be a joke or what?

It obviously has everything to do with it as they won't know whether they will be punished and if the thread will be locked when they necropost on a thread...
That thread is quite obviously not actually informative, even to kids. It should become quite clear, it's not as if it's just "any thread with information" in it.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
That thread is quite obviously not actually informative, even to kids. It should become quite clear, it's not as if it's just "any thread with information" in it.
Are you telling me a list of words ending with -er isn't informative? I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that there is at least one word in there you didn't know prior to reading that thread, which makes it informative as it provided you with previously unknown information.

D

Deleted member 352903

Pls that -er words thread is informative, but isn't 100000% useful

Reactions: Priley

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I am not sure wether I agree with you about this specific thread.

However I do agree that rules (and not only this one) need clarification. A lot of them are just not clear for specific cases, especially to new people.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
I really don't see a problem here.

"Informational threads won't be locked [if necroposted on]"
Informational threads relating to CCG though..

The only thing I'm unsure about is the
"Does not apply to news posts, games, or introduction threads."
Like what is meant by games? Threads discussing game strategies, game suggestions, praising games? Games outside of CCG?
Idk.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.