Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Hi! Welcome to one of my favorite progress updates so far!

Last week, I told you guys that I was gonna start working on a brand new secret project, I finished it in time so I'm now here to show it.

It's....

A GUARDIAN FARM (yay)
2019-03-10_11.21.57.png

This is a new design for 1.13+. It took me a week to build this, but if I give my final tools and armor some mending enchantments, I basically have infinite durability for everything. But I still need a lot of mending books.. That's going to be a lot of AFK fishing..
I'll explain how it works, first the guardians spawn in this bubblecolum:
2019-03-10_11.22.04.png

They get shot up through the open fence gates, get taken by the water streams, fall in lava (1st pic) which takes them to half a heartand end up in the killing chamber so I can kill them.
2019-03-10_11.23.23.png

This is it's current state, but that will be improved of course. They fall behind the iron trapdoors you see, and I stand just on the other side of them, behind the wooden trapdoors.

This is a little temporary ice hut I made to store some stuff, since it's about 1-2 minutes away from my base using elytra and fireworks (which I'm running low on D,:) Nothing fancy, just some stuff.
2019-03-10_11.24.27.png

What I also did this week, is breaking through the nether roof. I re-located my portals up there but something went wrong so I have to figure that out xD

So that was it, I worked very hard on this, so please leave a comment with tips to make things better (Even though it's a farm but still)

Bye!

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Ah yeah, I've also experienced portals messing up when placed above the bedrock ceiling

Anyway, great job on the farm!

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Ah yeah, I've also experienced portals messing up when placed above the bedrock ceiling

Anyway, great job on the farm!
Could you help with that? I removed the 3 portals in the main nether and build them on top. Everytime I go through the portal via the nether, I end up in the right place in the overworld, however, if I go back using the same portal, the nether spawns a new portal in the main nether. Guess I have an obsidian farm now xD Thanks though :D

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Could you help with that? I removed the 3 portals in the main nether and build them on top. Everytime I go through the portal via the nether, I end up in the right place in the overworld, however, if I go back using the same portal, the nether spawns a new portal in the main nether. Guess I have an obsidian farm now xD Thanks though :D
Yeah, I've had the exact same thing though there's not much you can do about it. It's something with coordinates being completely screwed

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hi! Welcome to one of my favorite progress updates so far!

Last week, I told you guys that I was gonna start working on a brand new secret project, I finished it in time so I'm now here to show it.

It's....

A GUARDIAN FARM (yay)
View attachment 151741
This is a new design for 1.13+. It took me a week to build this, but if I give my final tools and armor some mending enchantments, I basically have infinite durability for everything. But I still need a lot of mending books.. That's going to be a lot of AFK fishing..
I'll explain how it works, first the guardians spawn in this bubblecolum:
View attachment 151742
They get shot up through the open fence gates, get taken by the water streams, fall in lava (1st pic) which takes them to half a heartand end up in the killing chamber so I can kill them.
View attachment 151743
This is it's current state, but that will be improved of course. They fall behind the iron trapdoors you see, and I stand just on the other side of them, behind the wooden trapdoors.

This is a little temporary ice hut I made to store some stuff, since it's about 1-2 minutes away from my base using elytra and fireworks (which I'm running low on D,:) Nothing fancy, just some stuff.
View attachment 151744

What I also did this week, is breaking through the nether roof. I re-located my portals up there but something went wrong so I have to figure that out xD

So that was it, I worked very hard on this, so please leave a comment with tips to make things better (Even though it's a farm but still)

Bye!
Ok, ok, awesome.

Reactions: Ruisdier
Top Bottom