Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Sounds good to me. They should also be able to say "I'm muted" so others aren't confused when they can't answer to other questions.
I'm against this idea. Players have been muted for a reason and should not be able to talk at all. They won't learn from their punishments if they are able to say common words.
But they can't insult others during that time. Is a mute mainly a punishment or mainly meant to protect other players? What about permanently muted players? Can they have this because they won't be able to apply what they learn from it anyway.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Sounds good to me. They should also be able to say "I'm muted" so others aren't confused when they can't answer to other questions.

But they can't insult others during that time. Is a mute mainly a punishment or mainly meant to protect other players? What about permanently muted players? Can they have this because they won't be able to apply what they learn from it anyway.
it's both. If we don't punish players they won't learn from it and if they indeed don't stop breaking our rules, they should not be able to get unmuted or be able to say common things. We give players multiple chances and if they don't stop breaking rules, there will be consequences.

Reactions: Ayroh

LinoYT

Novice Member
Apr 26, 2017
Ecuador
I'm against this idea. Players have been muted for a reason and should not be able to talk at all. They won't learn from their punishments if they are able to say common words.
You're absolutely right, users should refrain from punishments in response to their actions so they can raise awareness

Reactions: Marieke2001

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I thought it would be helpful if muted players can at least say "gg" or "well played" or "thanks" or just stuff like that, I'm sure they feel bad about that they can't respond to someone who says like "Well played dude!" I mean I would feel bad if he would feel ignored after that. I mean yes, a mute is there to punish players, and it wouldn't be a punishment if they still can talk, but I mean I think they should at least be able to say stuff like "Thanks" "Thx" "No" "Yes" or "gg" "wp" or etc.
I disagree as players who try to swear will get blocked by the chat filter, then if they do something else like bypass it, then its not an accident at all. They are muted for a reason that isnt an accident.

Reactions: Ayroh

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
it's both. If we don't punish players they won't learn from it and if they indeed don't stop breaking our rules, they should not be able to get unmuted or be able to say common things. We give players multiple chances and if they don't stop breaking rules, there will be consequences.
But saying GG or other things is nothing offensive why not add it

Reactions: Aurora

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Isn't it already enough of a punishment when players are not able to have a conversation with other players? Like I don't think that the server likes to punish players, a punishment is not there so they would "learn" something, but to "protect" the others as Magnificentspam said. Mods mute players so they are not able to swear or curse or give disrespectful attitudes, and I mean it's extremely harsh when you aren't even able to say that you are muted. Punishments don't result to anything
-

I don't know how someone would bypass a chat filter that only allows single messages like "gg" or "thanks" or "muted" or anything, there is no way to bypass that.
-

I agree, players should "learn" from their punishments which should be that you are restricted to communicate with others. But it's too extreme when someone is just completely shut down, not even being able to greet others. Or imagine you're playing team eggwars and can't let your teammates know that people are breaking the obsidian around the egg. Maybe having some smart chat filter that allows you to only say single words like "egg" "hi" or "ty" or etc.
You didn't read it right. What I was saying was the chat has a new filter so if you get muted then its for a good reason as you cant swear anymore unless you bypass the chat.

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
You didn't read it right. What I was saying was the chat has a new filter so if you get muted then its for a good reason as you cant swear anymore unless you bypass the chat.

What exactly is your point with this? He's not claiming there wasn't a good reason for why a player is muted. He's also not saying that it was an accident that a player is muted. If someone is muted, then they're muted for a good reason usually, there's no arguing with that. He's simply saying that a player that is muted should still be allowed to say for example "gg".

And to respond to the OP, I think it's a good idea to allow people to say "gg". But other than that, I disagree.

Reactions: MoJoJoJo and Ayroh

Ayroh

In my, unbiased, player and another player, opinion, I agree with you (Marieke). You have to learn. You will not learn consequences if you are able to bypass using loopholes.

Psychologically (if thats even a word), you have to not give the player any leeway or they will associate the positive correlation (the bypass) with the punishment. By not giving them a “bypass”, it will result in a negative correlation; meaning they will feel empathy more strongly and regret for their wrongdoing. This greatly upholds and strengthens the effectiveness of the original punishment.

With that being said, welcome to Psychology class... the only college class it seems I pay attention to.

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
In my, unbiased, player and another player, opinion, I agree with you (Marieke). You have to learn. You will not learn consequences if you are able to bypass using loopholes.

Psychologically (if thats even a word), you have to not give the player any leeway or they will associate the positive correlation (the bypass) with the punishment. By not giving them a “bypass”, it will result in a negative correlation; meaning they will feel empathy more strongly and regret for their wrongdoing. This greatly upholds and strengthens the effectiveness of the original punishment.

With that being said, welcome to Psychology class... the only college class it seems I pay attention to.

Correlation describes the relationship between two things. A positive correlation means when one goes up, the other goes up. Or when one goes down, the other goes down. A negative correlation is when one goes up, the other goes down or vice versa. I'm assuming you mean that you should not give a player any leeway because you think there's a negative correlation between leeway and empathy/regret. Meaning, less leeway given, the more empathy/regret they will show. And you think that there would be a positive correlation between punishment and empathy/regret. Meaning, more punishment given, more empathy/regret shown.

Tbh, a really complex way of explaining what @Marieke2001 and @Insomnio said. But I agree.

Ayroh

Correlation describes the relationship between two things. A positive correlation means when one goes up, the other goes up. Or when one goes down, the other goes down. A negative correlation is when one goes up, the other goes down or vice versa. I'm assuming you mean that you should not give a player any leeway because you think there's a negative correlation between leeway and empathy/regret. Meaning, less leeway given, the more empathy/regret they will show. And you think that there would be a positive correlation between punishment and empathy/regret. Meaning, more punishment given, more empathy/regret shown.

Tbh, a really complex way of explaining what @Marieke2001 and @Insomnio said. But I agree.
Exactly.

Ps, you’re welcome.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
What exactly is your point with this? He's not claiming there wasn't a good reason for why a player is muted. He's also not saying that it was an accident that a player is muted. If someone is muted, then they're muted for a good reason usually, there's no arguing with that. He's simply saying that a player that is muted should still be allowed to say for example "gg".

And to respond to the OP, I think it's a good idea to allow people to say "gg". But other than that, I disagree.
I read the thread. What I am saying goes into more detail. What I am saying is for a player to say GG is fine. But I don't agree with it 100% BECAUSE the new chat filter filters out the bad words and if a player bypasses it, then its not an accident and it was done intentionally. Therefore it is their fault in the first place on saying those things.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Saying GG or well played are nice things to say I don't get why this can't be implemented

Ayroh

Saying GG or well played are nice things to say I don't get why this can't be implemented

Psychologically, you have to not give the player any leeway or they will associate the positive correlation (the bypass) with the punishment. By not giving them a “bypass”, it will result in a negative correlation; meaning they will feel empathy more strongly and regret for their wrongdoing. This greatly upholds and strengthens the effectiveness of the original punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
Top Bottom