Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
L

Lepzi

You could always make your chat smaller so you can't see it as well or just take it off, although it isn't a bad idea and I'd like for this to be added.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Of course half the people just assume this is giving a staff command to the player base
this is literally like the /report suggestion all over again

Reactions: OSIM

OSIM

Apr 25, 2017
In Your Closet
Then you are actually able to punish someone when you're not even a staff member, so no.
If a friend spams you, then tell him to stop.
If someone breaks the rules in chat then feel free to report them here: https://reports.cubecraft.net type /registerreports in-game to create an account.
Make sure to follow the reporting guidelines.

It's not a mute like a staff is able to do, just a mute so only you can't see their messages. Seems like you got the wrong idea of what i actually meant. As much as I'd like to report players, and take my time to register, i rather have a /mute command that allows me to mute/block certain players that are spamming the chat and lousy messages.

OSIM

Apr 25, 2017
In Your Closet
The mute command is for staff only and I think it should stay for staff only. But maybe the ./ignore command would be nice?

I don't mean the staff mute, just a mute so that only you can't see the person's message (whoever you blocked/muted)

As @Scottness already said that will give normal people staff permissions so I don't think this will be great if it is added.

Please read the above comment.
This comand can be abused

Please read the above, above comment :p

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
That is completely different to what I'm talking about here.
No it really isn't
It is about being able to mute people both ways
If you intended the thread to be different than sorry but this is confusing
Please read my thread. I never mentioned anything about blocking the whole chat system out. Just certain players.
There is no real difference
Also
Not quite sure if this has been suggested
it has... about 1 week ago
But it once again lingers with problems
Just flipping report them it isn't hard you lier

OSIM

Apr 25, 2017
In Your Closet
No it really isn't
It is about being able to mute people both ways
If you intended the thread to be different than sorry but this is confusing

There is no real difference
Also

it has... about 1 week ago
But it once again lingers with problems
Just flipping report them it isn't hard you lier

I've been explaining these multiple times, please read my thread properly, or even just read some other replies that I've replied to, before you decide to write down something that's completely unnecessary. People can't always rely on reports when it comes to problems like this. Give staff a break.

OSIM

Apr 25, 2017
In Your Closet
I did already that is just your excuse that is all you need to do and I bet you that is the only response you're going to get

That is why I'm suggesting this /ignore or /block command. I believe, that I never made up any excuse? I'm just stating my thoughts on how people should stop barricading these problems and stop with the whole 'If you need anything, just report them'.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I get what he means but if someone is spamming you can better report that player, that helps the community a lot more.
This really isn't the point.
Yes, make a report. Then what? Wait for another 30 minutes before the report actually gets seen all the while your getting flooded with spam?
It's a temporary fix that has NO REPERCUSSIONS because it is entirely up to your discretion.

If you're against this idea you really need to reevaluate yourself.

Reactions: OSIM

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
A way to "ignore" others shouldn't really be allowed in my opinion.
If you want to report someone for swearing, you'd usually need to give a warning to give them a mute. If the swearing player has gotten a warning from a guy that he ignored, he can't read the warning because of it.
Incoming: "Well that's his fault!"
Sure, it could be, but that doesn't mean it's justified as he didn't receive a single warning for the mute.
Incoming: "Others could use this as an excuse to appeal!"
That's exactly why I don't want this feature.

Reactions: Siftenly

YaDasLenny

Dedicated Member
Jul 12, 2016
Belgium
No, you can report them here or just turn "Receive chat" off. This command will be abused to much.

Keep thinking of new idea's! :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom