Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OSIM

Apr 25, 2017
In Your Closet
Not quite sure if this has been suggested or not, but either way, this should be added.

It occurs to me that we've all experienced players spamming, disturbing other player's chat experience. Same goes to when friends are repeatedly spamming you with messages, or even just players sending toxic messages during a game.

From my standpoint, having this /mute command implemented, will decrease the spamming/flooding in chats. Honestly, I prefer to play a game with no one spamming me or disturbing me, rather than my friends or even just fellow players in the same game sending me hate/unnecessary and spam messages.

edit:
Been going through the replies, and most of you are thinking that I'm talking about the staff mute.

No that's completely outside the box, I'm talking about just a mute for yourself, no one else is affected by this. I don't mean the /mute that staff are able to do, but just a /ignore /block. So only you can't see the messages that the player that you muted sends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 204478

Wouldn't that be the job of staff? :P
Although, there is a thread quite similiar to this, only using a different command and a different way of seeing it.
Is this to intentionally block the player from your perspective, if it is, then I don't think it would hurt to add this.
Mute sounds a staff kind-of thing, I would say /block would be more wise! :P

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 204478

Then you are actually able to punish someone when you're not even a staff member, so no.
If a friend spams you, then tell him to stop.
If someone breaks the rules in chat then feel free to report them here: https://reports.cubecraft.net type /registerreports in-game to create an account.
Make sure to follow the reporting guidelines.
I think the idea was to mute the person from their own perspective, even if you mute that person, the others can still see their chat.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Honestly, I prefer to play a game with no one spamming me or disturbing me, rather than my friends or even just fellow players in the same game sending me hate/unnecessary and spam messages.
upload_2017-5-31_13-40-12.png

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Staff can mute and you can report. If someone's spamming you or in the chat, give him/her a warning and if he/she continues then you can report that person. /mute won't be available for normal members or donators.

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
This command is only for staff and should stay for staff. Players could easily over use this, so no.
Unless you want to /mute only for you to see. Then again, you can always switch the chat off, if you do not like being spammed
or disturbed.

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
Then you are actually able to punish someone when you're not even a staff member, so no.
If a friend spams you, then tell him to stop.
If someone breaks the rules in chat then feel free to report them here: https://reports.cubecraft.net type /registerreports in-game to create an account.
Make sure to follow the reporting guidelines.
He means that only he will not be able to see the messages of a person. The rest can see it.
Staff can mute and you can report. If someone's spamming you or in the chat, give him/her a warning and if he/she continues then you can report that person. /mute won't be available for normal members or donators.
Read what I said earlier
This command is only for staff and should stay for staff. Players could easily over use this, so no.
Unless you want to /mute only for you to see. Then again, you can always switch the chat off, if you do not like being spammed
or disturbed.

Read what I said earlier

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
This command is used to staff only. If people use it, some might abuse it, by muting people that didn't break chat rules. Non-staff shouldn't have permission to /mute in my opinion. But, you can report spammers, advertisers and more, which can break chat rules. First you can type /registerreports, after that, go to this link -> https://reports.cubecraft.net. How to report? First you might wanna warn them, if it continued, report them, by adding some evidence of screenshot/video. Also, there's another suggestion, which was /block. This could be better for Non-staff to use.

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
Wouldn't that be the job of staff? :p
Although, there is a thread quite similiar to this, only using a different command and a different way of seeing it.
Is this to intentionally block the player from your perspective, if it is, then I don't think it would hurt to add this.
Mute sounds a staff kind-of thing, I would say /block would be more wise! :p
Yes, /block would be nice. And /mute is the staff's job as Perdei said. If you really don't wanna be called bad/noob, leave the game or ignore him. Simple as that.
Thank you for suggesting though! :P

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
What I thought it meant was a "/mute" command, meaning something like a "/ignore" command.
So you can mute them just for yourself, but other people can still see what he's saying.

TBH I think this would be better as a /ignore command

Reactions: OSIM and oiRonikzo
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Top Bottom