• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
If someone is muted, and you do not know that. It looks like he or she is ignoring you, wheter as a random guy or just a friend via /fmsg. It's handy to know someone is muted when you start talking to someone. So if you /fmsg or /msg someone, there will appear a red coloured text. 'This player is currently muted' or so. If you mention his name in a global chat, this will appear too. So no frustration anymore I guess.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
It's a bit handy for those who don't want to bother with searching up this up on the appeal site, or for those who have zero clue an appeal site exists.

Before someone comes and says, "Wait but that'll put the muted player on the spot," this kind of already happens. It's not like no one knows how to check the appeal site.

Reactions: Juskebat

FluffyPasta

Dec 6, 2017
Don’t c y they wouldn’t add this this is actually a rlly good idea. I’ve had this happen to me a lot where I say “hi” and I get no response );

Reactions: Juskebat

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I would only like it to appear if you /fmsg, getting this message when you just type someone's name in a lobby or /msg is not worth it in my opinion and I would only get annoyed by it.

Reactions: God.
D

Deleted member 150344

I personally think this is part of their punishment. Getting muted on a big network causes frustration (spoken from experience), which is a huge part of the punishment rather you like it or not. I see this as a way to make your mute more "enjoyable", which I'm not a fan of.
How would it make it more enjoyable? The only thing that will happen is that “Player is muted” will appear in your chat.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Agreed, but only with /fmsg. Some people may not want everyone to know about their mute. It's true that all the curious people can check the appeals site, but there's no need to inform both the curious and incurious people.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I personally think this is part of their punishment. Getting muted on a big network causes frustration (spoken from experience), which is a huge part of the punishment rather you like it or not. I see this as a way to make your mute more "enjoyable", which I'm not a fan of.
You're not making anyone's mute enjoyable whatsoever. And by your logic, if my friend is punished, I should also get punished because I'd think I'm blatantly ignored. This is a way for others to know that they're not ignored, they just can't type in chat at all.
This is part of the punishment, a mute only brings up frustration because you cannot use the chat. Part of that frustration is not being able to tell your friends you're muted unless you contact them on a different platform and/or server. Not saying a mute is enjoyable, though it will be a bit less of a punishment when this is added. Not being able to tell your friends you're muted on the same platform in any possible way is part of the punishment in my point of view.
But what did their friends do to deserve to, as far as their knowledge goes, being ignored? You're speaking none sense right now... This is just to inform some people that they're not ignored, but their friend just can't type in chat at all.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Reactions: Fliqa and Dutudy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom