Status
Not open for further replies.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Small suggestion here, the issue is that when reporting someone on the Java website for teaming, camping, etc. there is an 'Add more users' option, to include multiple players in the report. There is no such option for chat reports such as spamming or threatening, and I don't see a good reason for this.

A lot of the time in my experience there will be a party/group of people spamming or swearing. This means that to report them, a player must make several individual reports which takes more time and is a bigger load on the staff member dealing with the reports. I see no real downsides, so my solution is to simply add the 'Add more users' option to these report offenses:
  • Use of Illegal Clients - Automessages
  • Scamming/phishing
  • Threatening
  • Chat Trolling
  • Advertising
  • Spamming
  • Swearing/Bullying
  • (impersonation is also a chat offense, but will never really be done by multiple people due to its nature so I haven't included it, although there's nothing against its implementation)
Just a QOL thing, as someone who reports a good bit this can be really annoying.
Thanks for reading, vote on the poll :]
-Dean

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i totally agree! multiple of my among slimes games have been proof why this would be great when looking at chat trolling for example. you'd have to make a new report per person, which will take a lot of time for both the player and staff to go trough, while it could be done easier.
in case only one person broke a rule, the staff could accept and say who did/didnt get punished. (and as a little feedback to staff, please give a clear explanation why a report is denied, some are quite unclear :))

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't agree. The reason why you can add multiple players to teaming or trolling reports is because all the rulebreakers contribute to breaking the rule in the exact same way. For teaming 2 players are needed so both are 100% guilty or not. When multiple people are threatening one person in the chat, they most of the time all say something (slightly) different. The thing one person says may be punishable while the thing another person says isn't. This will become really messy if someone who thinks both are punishable reports them both at once. Therefore it is just easier to submit 2 different reports, which only takes a few seconds longer.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
No, this simply isn’t currently possible unfortunately. Lemme try to explain (from a staff perspective).

The system we use to handle reports cannot punish 2 players individually, when handling reports that need a warning, meaning they either both get a warning or they both get an actual punishment (whether its 1d/7d/30d/perm -these are automatically determined depending on the punishment).
Lets say, 2 people in a party are spamming. One, we will call them X, has a warning for a prior incident ~ the other one, we will call them Y, doesn’t. As it stands, it would not be possible to give X a punishment and Y a warning using the same report. We understand this can be inconvenient and apologize for this, but appreciate the time you all take to make reports through the site.

I personally don’t think it’s worth spending dev time on this, mainly since it’s not really a big change and this way it’s easier for us as staff members.

Last edited:

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
No, this simply isn’t currently possible unfortunately. Lemme try to explain (from a staff perspective).

The system we use to handle reports cannot punish 2 players individually, when handling reports that need a warning, meaning they either both get a warning or they both get an actual punishment (whether its 1d/7d/30d/perm -these are automatically determined depending on the punishment).
Lets say, 2 people in a party are spamming. One, we will call them X, has a warning for a prior incident ~ the other one, we will call them Y, doesn’t. As it stands, it would not be possible to give X a punishment and Y a warning using the same report. We understand this can be inconvenient and apologize for this, but appreciate the time you all take to make reports through the site.

I personally don’t think it’s worth spending dev time on this, mainly since it’s not really a big change and this way it’s easier for us as staff members.
Ah, that totally makes sense. If it makes it easier for staff, that's really the important part, it just seemed like the report flood would be annoying. Can you lock the thread then? Obviously the suggestion isn't gonna go anywhere so no point in leaving it open.

Reactions: Keanu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom