Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Do you know that moment, when you post your own question in the Support subforum, or when you’re just looking through it to see if there are any interesting questions? You go in a thread, and you see the same answer 5 times. Sometimes the answer is even given after a Staff Member has answered. Then you wonder, why would that be useful?

Giving the same answer over and over, is actually a form of message/like farming in my opinion. Of course, if an answer is wrong, you can correct it, but just giving the same answer over and over, will give you +1 message and probably some likes.

I think this shouldn’t be allowed. It should either get the same punishments as necroposting or as message/like farming. I’ll let you decide about that.

Let me know what you think by voting in the poll, and if you vote no, I’d appreciate it if you explained why.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I can't agree a single more with option 2 Same punishment as message/like farming, with some small changes I think this could be a really good feature. I often see people doing this just for that cool shiny message or whatever their reasoning behind it is. Consider this Escalated and I'll try to get this implemented for you! 😉

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
@xHappyMood are you basically saying if like, somebody in a support thread ask how to report someone. You then give them the information, and everything after if it is the same information would count as message/like farming.

Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
@xHappyMood are you basically saying if like, somebody in a support thread ask how to report someone. You then give them the information, and everything after if it is the same information would count as message/like farming.
Yes. For example in a support thread it says “I found a hacker, what do I do.” And then you get the same answer over and over again. The first time is good, but what would they do with the same link 5 times. Let me know if it’s still unclear after this! :)

Reactions: CKelting262

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
Yes. For example in a support thread it says “I found a hacker, what do I do.” And then you get the same answer over and over again. The first time is good, but what would they do with the same link 5 times. Let me know if it’s still unclear after this! :)
No that makes prefect since. IT would be amazing if the forms knew when the right answer was posted so it locks it but don't see that happening. Thanks for the clarification.

• Love

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I do agree with this suggestion, since it’s really annoying if multiple people say the same thing over and over again. I only want to mention that there should be an exception for people who give the same answer on a thread, when both of them answered within a few minutes. Since it’s possible and has happend to me before that I post a reply and someone else post the same reply within a minute, they shouldn’t be punished for this.

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
I can really get behind this, I see really annoying message farmers who do this and I really don't think it should be allowed. If you're giving the same answer given before but just worded differently, you're very clearly message farming and not intending to actually help the person who made that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom