Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Yes, interaction with other players is a very important thing. Maybe for the Staff members them selves it's ok to be. But there are people that if you only say Hi to them, they'll tell you it made there day. And isn't it beautyfull to just make someones day? I have it sometimes that fans of me ask for something small and when you take that little bit of effort, it can make his/her day!

Reactions: iKick and Renss

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
yes interaction with other players is a very important thing. Maybe for the Staff members them selves it's ok to be. But there are people that if you only say Hi to them, they'll tell you it made there day. And isn't it beautyfull to just make someones day? I have it sometimes that fans of me ask for something small and when you take that little bit of effort, it can make his/her day!
Yes, interaction with other players is a very important thing. Maybe for the Staff members them selves it's ok to be. But there are people that if you only say Hi to them, they'll tell you it made there day. And isn't it beautyfull to just make someones day? I have it sometimes that fans of me ask for something small and when you take that little bit of effort, it can make his/her day!
Or if a staff member want a picture with me :DThey made my day!

Soph

Forum Expert
Jul 4, 2014
The UK
It's about the quality of staff members, not the quantity. Having a higher number of staff members is not going to reduce the amount of spam and questions asked in lobbies. We are not robots, we have lives and other responsibilities besides CubeCraft.

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
It's about the quality of staff members, not the quantity. Having question number of staff members is not going to reduce the amount of spam and questions asked in lobbies. We are not robots, we have lives and other responsibilities besides CubeCraft.
That is what I am trying to say, how more players get helper/mod how more player can get an answer on there question.

CamelinaBoat

Sep 19, 2015
Minas Tirith
I have witnessed many many corrupt mods on mineplex who ban people just because they beat them at a game. In my opinion having a staff base that is just at a near minimum to support a server could be good, as the less chances you have to have corrupt staff. many servers have their fair share of corrupt staff and we do not want to have the same problem. I think that as cube continues to grow, so will our staff base, but we will not make large efforts to even the ratio of players to staff.

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
I have witnessed many many corrupt mods on mineplex who ban people just because they beat them at a game. In my opinion having a staff base that is just at a near minimum to support a server could be good, as the less chances you have to have corrupt staff. many servers have their fair share of corrupt staff and we do not want to have the same problem. I think that as cube continues to grow, so will our staff base, but we will not make large efforts to even the ratio of players to staff.
Cubecrafters aren't Mineplexers....

Reactions: HarryVanSunweb

Undead

Feb 10, 2016
My computer desk all day
Hey Cube,

Many people (me included) are just done with Cube atm. Cube IS going to lose many people if they keep acting this way. I would love to prevent you from this, that's why I'm creating this thread.

NOTE: @Guardi4n made a thread about this, but Cube locked it for no reason.

Cube currently has 33 moderators, 10 developers, 9 admins and 2 helpers.
This may look as much to you, but compared to two other big servers (Hypixel and Mineplex) it's nothing. They just got many more staff members.

You can notice this very well. For example updating to 1.9
Hypixel and Mineplex were updated to 1.9 whitin 2 days. Cube had to work a week on it and still there are tons of bugs.

It's well-known to everyone Cube needs more staff. But why don't you add new staff? So many people applied (more than 1000) But almost no-one gets accepted. I tagged many people in @Guardi4n his thread, who all deserve Helper in my opinion. But the staff just ignored my post. (That's why Im making this thread).

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING PART OF THIS THREAD IS NOT MEANT TO HATE ON @CamelinaBoat

For example @CamelineBoat he has got only 9 messages, but he's still helper. How is this possible. There are so many members who are very active on the forums, speak English very well, and help many new members.

Also I think it's better if developers were working in groups instead of solo. This allows you to work on one update for one month. Cause you're current plan causes updates to take very long.

I hope you'll finally listen to me cause if Cube stays this messy, I'll probably quit. Any many more people too.

Regards,
Dennis

K let me drop this on you since this is a very strong topic and you're poking at a lot of stuff. You imply that cubecraft needs more helpers and needs more staff members overall. I agree with this to a certain extent. 90% of the people who apply are complete idiots and want the rank because of its flashy tag and the ability to tell players off with no punishment. You may think that the moderators don't watch and don't see what's being said but they see a lot of what's going on.

Tagging a bunch of your FRIENDS in a post doesn't mean they should get mod and quite honestly I find it dumb that you even attempt to try and say THESE PEOPLE DESERVE HELPER. Tell us why, what makes them so special? Honestly everything about this post just seems like you want to be heard. But you're trying in the most negative way possible by pointing out flaws. Every server have flaws think Hypixels perfect? Nice joke because they aren't they have hiccups they have a lot of issues. Do you see them releasing a new game every month? No, it's because it takes them quite a long time just to make an idea, start the idea, build the idea, code the idea, bug test the idea, etc. You think it's just simplicity of just *Snaps fingers* it's done. It's not. Not even close.

This is the part that made me laugh, you're threatening to quit? AND you're trying to speak for the community. You're talking about a 20,000+ player base. You're not even a 1,000th of a fraction of making an impact on the server. You donated sure and that's awesome that you're supporting the server and what they do, but you threatening cubecraft that it's going to lose players? Really? Why did you even bother? Seems like a childish thing to do? Rather than making rage posts make suggestions that aren't complete garbage. Helpers won't do all that for the server. If anything they would cause more havoc and make things worse because the abuse stories would flow in like a river.

Ah yes and developers another topic you proably know little to none on. You don't just toss code around like it's a cake. Most of the time it's one developer that works on one thing. Purely because some people might find their code messy, Some might do things differently. It's all up to the developer. It's just not as simple as you think it is pal. Sit down learn some java and apply to be a developer then I think you're in the place to tell developers how to do their job.

These are my opinions don't take offense to them. But I'm just gonna lay the truth down on you because I don't understand what you're doing other than trying to make a point the staff team already knows. Make a good application I'm sure you'll be accepted.That's what makes a good staff member someone who's willing to help whether it's big or small, and no this doesn't include "How do I get unbanned". That's just dumb people trying to get unbanned because they know they messed up.

Gripe over.

Last edited:
Reactions: iLoveYouu and Story

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Sorry to be a bit more quiet than most, but I do more things than what is just on the forums. I was also alot more active back on thechunk before the merge thing was actually a thing yet. My school has been ramping up alot and i don't find much time to post tons and tons of stuff all over these massvie forums. I do however, find the time to think of a few suggestions and whatnot that I think would be good for the server, which was the whole reason why Mac accepted me in the first place to be a helper back on thechunk. to date, I have well over 49 PAGES of suggestions on google docs that I have devised myself or while chatting with Mac. Some of which i will be posting on these forums later to see how yall react, as new ideas sometimes require community approval before being added into the game.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Imo school is a good reason for being this inactive. the reason I can still make suggestion Docs but not be on the forums is because the forums are so big that i don't want to go back and do my work and just sit and be on the forums. that doesn't really help me get good grades now does it?

I really hope to be more active soon, and will be posting many suggestion things on these forums soon, but in the meantime, I hope you can put up with a little more inactivity.

Sorry again,
Cam
Thank you for explaining this :)
As @Zhypo said just do the things you want to do ;)

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
K let me drop this on you since this is a very strong topic and you're poking at a lot of stuff. You imply that cubecraft needs more helpers and needs more staff members overall. I agree with this to a certain extent. 90% of the people who apply are complete idiots and want the rank because of its flashy tag and the ability to tell players off with no punishment. You may think that the moderators don't watch and don't see what's being said but they see a lot of what's going on.

Tagging a bunch of your FRIENDS in a post doesn't mean they should get mod and quite honestly I find it idiotic that you even attempt to try and say THESE PEOPLE DESERVE HELPER. Tell us why, what makes them so special? Honestly everything about this post just seems like you want to be heard. But you're trying in the most negative way possible by pointing out flaws. Every server have flaws think Hypixels perfect? Nice joke because they aren't they have hiccups they have a lot of issues. Do you see them releasing a new game every month? No, it's because it takes them quite a long time just to make an idea, start the idea, build the idea, code the idea, bug test the idea, etc. You think it's just simplicity of just *Snaps fingers* it's done. It's not. Not even close.

This is the part that made me laugh, you're threatening to quit? AND you're trying to speak for the community. You're talking about a 20,000+ player base. You're not even a 1,000th of a fraction of making an impact on the server. You donated sure and that's awesome that you're supporting the server and what they do, but you threatening cubecraft that it's going to lose players? Really? Why did you even bother? Seems like a childish thing to do? Rather than making rage posts make suggestions that aren't complete garbage. Helpers won't do shit for the server. If anything they would cause more havoc and make things worse because the abuse stories would flow in like a river.

Ah yes and developers another topic you proably know little to none on. You don't just toss code around like it's a cake. Most of the time it's one developer that works on one thing. Purely because some people might find their code messy, Some might do things differently. It's all up to the developer. It's just not as simple as you think it is pal. Sit down learn some java and apply to be a developer then I think you're in the place to tell developers how to do their job.

These are my opinions don't take offense to them. But I'm just gonna lay the truth down on you because I don't understand what you're doing other than trying to make a point the staff team already knows. Make a good application I'm sure you'll be accepted. Do things when no ones watching, don't suck dick when someones watching because you want something. That's what makes a good staff member someone who's willing to help whether it's big or small, and no this doesn't include "How do I get unbanned". That's just idiots trying to get unbanned because they know they messed up.

Gripe over.
Okay first of all I didn't tag my FRIENDS. I haven't even talked to most of the people I've tagged.
I tagged them because they are active on the forums, and help many people out (also in-game).

Secondly I don't think Hypixel is better. I actualy hate their games. I'm just saying they're updating things faster than Cube wich doesn't equals perfect in my opinion.

I talk to many people and I read almost all suggestions. I often see many (cool) new suggestions. But most of the time the staff doesn't reply to these suggestions. This makes people frustrated cause they think no one pays attention to them. Also many people are complaining about 1.9 , bugs and the amount of hackers. (BTW I love 1.9) So I think these things will result in people quitting the community.

From now on I won't *stomp* on the developers anymore due to your post. I just don't know anything about java. I haven't got the right to *stomp* on them. So that's why I want to apology to the devs.
@GingerGeek @Mintcraftian @Foodyling @error_dan_overflow @not2excel @504Errors @Andyschofie @CaptainDawg_ @toropov @tuxed

Just to clear things up. I don't suck *slushies* in front of the staff to get accepted. I'm behaving myslef the way I'm.
There isn't a difference between me in real-life and me on the forums/ in-game.
@Undead

*Please don't swear*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Renss and hgbf

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
I don't see how adding more staffmembers will help, why should we have more staffmembers, @HarryVanSunweb ?
I know moderators/helpers don't influence the performances of the Devs. But I still think we need more of them.

As I said above many people have questions. Also many people post suggestions, but some of them don't get the attention of the staff team. Wich makes people disappointed, casue they have the feeling their suggestion is bad. (I know you're doing this by accident cause the moderators got a busy life). So adding more staff members will make it a lot easier for the Moderators. To cover all the questions of the members. ;)
@PinkSparkleWolf

Foodyling

Dec 25, 2015
Hey Cube,

Many people (me included) are just done with Cube atm. Cube IS going to lose many people if they keep acting this way. I would love to prevent you from this, that's why I'm creating this thread.

NOTE: @Guardi4n made a thread about this, but Cube locked it for no reason.

Cube currently has 33 moderators, 10 developers, 9 admins and 2 helpers.
This may look as much to you, but compared to two other big servers (Hypixel and Mineplex) it's nothing. They just got many more staff members.

You can notice this very well. For example updating to 1.9
Hypixel and Mineplex were updated to 1.9 whitin 2 days. Cube had to work a week on it and still there are tons of bugs.

It's well-known to everyone Cube needs more staff. But why don't you add new staff? So many people applied (more than 1000) But almost no-one gets accepted. I tagged many people in @Guardi4n his thread, who all deserve Helper in my opinion. But the staff just ignored my post. (That's why Im making this thread).

Also I think it's better if developers were working in groups instead of solo. This allows you to work on one update for one month. Cause you're current plan causes updates to take very long.

I hope you'll finally listen to me cause if Cube stays this messy, I'll probably quit. Any many more people too.
I advise you to read this post of mine on the other mentioned thread, as it yields some insight into why projects are not turned out as quickly. The other large networks mentioned had developers prepare for the 1.9 drop, whereas we started the conversion the moment the server software update.
While it would prove to yield visible results sooner with developers working in groups, it can prove counter productive. It is similar to putting one bug in a bowl versus putting a mix of assorted predator and non-predator bugs in a bowl, whereas the one bug is solo. Additionally, the developers will finish their projects at different time schedules and eventually more frequent updates will be made. Bonus points, only developers work on projects, mods and admins are not involved in the raw coding.
If you have read the post I have mentioned, you will understand why exactly no visible progress has been made. I implore you to stay tuned for the updates now that more developers have recently arrived.
I highly doubt that the lack of staff is causing the network to fall apart considering most of the points raised in Guardians thread were about the lack of completed maintenance and effort.
Correct.
We are working on resolving all the current issues. Rest assured that as time goes by, we will be improving.
^

Reactions: Dan:

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole

Tagging a bunch of your FRIENDS in a post doesn't mean they should get mod and quite honestly I find it idiotic that you even attempt to try and say THESE PEOPLE DESERVE HELPER. Tell us why, what makes them so special? Honestly everything about this post just seems like you want to be heard. But you're trying in the most negative way possible by pointing out flaws. Every server have flaws think Hypixels perfect? Nice joke because they aren't they have hiccups they have a lot of issues. Do you see them releasing a new game every month? No, it's because it takes them quite a long time just to make an idea, start the idea, build the idea, code the idea, bug test the idea, etc. You think it's just simplicity of just *Snaps fingers* it's done. It's not. Not even close.

This is the part that made me laugh, you're threatening to quit? AND you're trying to speak for the community. You're talking about a 20,000+ player base. You're not even a 1,000th of a fraction of making an impact on the server. You donated sure and that's awesome that you're supporting the server and what they do, but you threatening cubecraft that it's going to lose players? Really? Why did you even bother? Seems like a childish thing to do? Rather than making rage posts make suggestions that aren't complete garbage. Helpers won't do shit for the server. If anything they would cause more havoc and make things worse because the abuse stories would flow in like a river.

These are my opinions don't take offense to them. But I'm just gonna lay the truth down on you because I don't understand what you're doing other than trying to make a point the staff team already knows. Make a good application I'm sure you'll be accepted. Do things when no ones watching, don't suck dick when someones watching because you want something. That's what makes a good staff member someone who's willing to help whether it's big or small, and no this doesn't include "How do I get unbanned". That's just idiots trying to get unbanned because they know they messed up.

Gripe over.
Someone give this guy a cookie

Reactions: NedGaming
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom