Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add more pvp gamemodes to 1.8 client?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Again, this is y.o.u.r opinion. I like 1.9, you like 1.8. End of discussion.
Not even trying to pick apart my argument, simply saying opinions matter more than facts. The arguments I proposed are objectively undebatable.
I like how you guys sell your opinion as if it was a fact xD nothing makes
They are objective facts
imo (yes in my opinion, im not saying that it really is like that because im not god idk everything) 1.8 supported hackers and well many players cant do without hacks so they go away xd
Proof of 1.8 supporting cheating? Honestly cheating is easier to win in 1.9.
(what a pity). 1.9 is more about strategy (1 player, if he knows how to, has now chance to kill many people in a fight because spam click doesnt count. if it did count he would be dead no matter how good he would be if there were like 5-6 enemies) peace
Technically dps speaking the player in 1.8 would be able to do just as good as the 5 players. Since they can hit all 5 of them every damage tick. Also why is it a good thing that people can win a 1v5? Most of the time when people win that they just gapple chug.
And why does everyone who supports 1.8 say this, yall clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
When did I ever say that?

Reactions: Earth

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
Getting an actually good anti cheat will remove cheaters.
This sentinel is totally trash tbh lol I got banned because I was jittering above 15 cps, which is just stupid.
There are hackers in every version. in 1.9 the sword has to charge which makes it armor & weps advantage only. In 1.8 a leather with stone sword can easily beat a full dia armor & sword, because you can actually combo & strafe.

Get a more expensive anti cheat and ban more hackers and bring 1.8 flat map duels & get more players & get more donations. Win win for everyone.

If 1.9ers doesn't like 1.8 pvp dont fucking play it? us 1.8ers cant actually play on cc because its 1.9.
And before you say "go to servers with 1.8 pvp" I do, I am high ranked on 3 of them. I play on CC because I have alot of friends that like this server, with all these expensive ranks & cubelets I bet the management has enough for a good anticheat and more gamemodes.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastanub

Aug 26, 2016
Getting an actually good anti cheat will remove cheaters.
This sentinel is totally trash tbh lol I got banned because I was jittering above 15 cps, which is just stupid.
There are hackers in every version. in 1.9 the sword has to charge which makes it armor & weps advantage only. In 1.8 a leather with stone sword can easily beat a full dia armor & sword, because you can actually combo & strafe.

Get a more expensive anti cheat and ban more hackers and bring 1.8 flat map duels & get more players & get more donations. Win win for everyone.

If 1.9ers doesn't like 1.8 pvp dont fucking play it? us 1.8ers cant actually play on cc because its 1.9.
And before you say "go to servers with 1.8 pvp" I do, I am high ranked on 3 of them. I play on CC because I have alot of friends that like this server, with all these expensive ranks & cubelets I bet the management has enough for a good anticheat and more gamemodes.
1.9 = more packets = more bypasses = more mastanub

YNDIDON

Mar 6, 2016
Slovakia
lets say all the jitterclicks what worked so nice in 1.8.. they dont help anymore :) .. im 100% sure that players who play pvp games what require some kind of strategy (for example team skywars) - not just pure pvp 1v1- have been in the situation where they had to fight more people. should they die for this? even if it was 1v5 i dont think so. they make enchantments and kill oponents by dividing them into smaller groups and using their weapons when they are on full. (it is harder to know when a weapon is ready for use than only spamclick the target tho). true pro doesnt need to chug gapples, he just eats what he has and use lava buckets, water buckets, bows etc in these situation. what would most likely happen in 1.8 fight ? that he would be killed by randoms using spamclick and each hit would take his precious health down :( deal with it, some people prep their things for fight because it also shows what they know about fighting...they see it more complex. idc who likes 1.8 or 1.9 i just dont get why would anybody bring down other people for what they like with statements like "they arent good at pvp."

Reactions: Shyry

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
@effot it doesn't mean if you say that 1.9 is a mistake and 1.8 is better that it really is. This is pure your own opinion and a lot of people say 1.9 is better and a lot of people say 1.8 is better. Stop this argument, it's stupid tbh. Just accept it, you aren't right. Everyone has a own opinion, if you say 1.8 is better it doesn't mean that it is for everyone.

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
lets say all the jitterclicks what worked so nice in 1.8.. they dont help anymore :) .. im 100% sure that players who play pvp games what require some kind of strategy (for example team skywars) - not just pure pvp 1v1- have been in the situation where they had to fight more people. should they die for this? even if it was 1v5 i dont think so. they make enchantments and kill oponents by dividing them into smaller groups and using their weapons when they are on full. (it is harder to know when a weapon is ready for use than only spamclick the target tho). true pro doesnt need to chug gapples, he just eats what he has and use lava buckets, water buckets, bows etc in these situation. what would most likely happen in 1.8 fight ? that he would be killed by randoms using spamclick and each hit would take his precious health down :( deal with it, some people prep their things for fight because it also shows what they know about fighting...they see it more complex. idc who likes 1.8 or 1.9 i just dont get why would anybody bring down other people for what they like with statements like "they arent good at pvp."

Well your statement is false because there is a chargebar at your crosshair so you can easily time it and surviving a 1v1v1v1v1 doesn't actually require skill it's just pure luck that the others focus each other and leave the poor 1 alone until the end so he/she can just end the last one that is already low.

And I'm not talking about Overpowered pvp here, Im talking good ol' fashion no debuff pvp, you get splash potions and fight untill you die. That takes skill, you need to both strage & combo + watch your health while you have to aim and click on the target and not just spam.
This is where most people are wrong about 1.8 pvp. They just think it's "oh just spam click and eat gapples"

When we 1.8ers are talking pvp we are referring to no debuff or build uhc which skywars originates from.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
How does this thread have so many replies in 1 day

It isn’t even an original topic

Majority of players on cube play 1.9+ anyways not to mention that they have assured us that 1.13 shall be updated to upon release
Fact.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
When did I ever say that?

Skill? Tf do you mean skill, all you have to do is aim and click occasionally. There is a bit of strafing but that isn't even that hard.

Also even if you had aimbot and an autoclicker I doubt you would be able to beat me in a duel on 1.8, want to try it out?

It takes better aim
Faster paced
More random
Better combos
Higher skill cap
Some people like to eat horse crap other people like mangoes better, neither tastes better though.
Btw that is what I am hearing.

Reasons 1.8 is better
-Higher Skill cap because it is faster paced, more things to do in a short amount of time
-Players can wear any armor and use any weapons for a reasonable fight. In 1.9 full prot 4 diamond armor takes too long
-Less complicated armor system.

At this point, there's no reason to argue about which mode is better: cause it's all about preference. But saying 1.9 doesn't require some skill is as dumb as saying 1.8 requires only a high cps.

Reactions: Gatsbe

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Let's get to the point here, why don't 1.9 players like 1.8(I know some do like it)? Just explain why you guys don't and why you don't want it on cubecraft. And plz don't say anything about "skill". That also stands for you too 1.8 players.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Shockingly enough I have played 1.9 before, I was one of the best players I knew of (sorry if it sounds like i am boasting). I've been in a 1v5 on teaparty and let me tell you, I stood no chance, all 5 of them cornered me, I couldn't do anything, eventually my iron armor broke and they killed me. I've won a 1v3 in a UHC on 1.8 before. No natural Regen. I listed objective facts of why 1.8 is better.

Reactions: Despacito 2

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
At this point, there's no reason to argue about which mode is better: cause it's all about preference. But saying 1.9 doesn't require some skill is as dumb as saying 1.8 requires only a high cps.
Sorry I listed objective facts.

YNDIDON

Mar 6, 2016
Slovakia
it was my opinion and i dont think it can be false its just opinion. i wasnt talking about 1v1v1v1v1.. i was talking about a fight of pro 9/10 vs 6-7/10 players, i dont think they will fight him 1v1v1v1v1, they gonna fight either all at once or he can (if he knows) barricade somewhere but there still will be 2 or 3 of them anyway :D (and others trying to get there) thats about skill not luck not many people can time their actions (eating, barricading, actual hitting) so perfectly and survive. in 1.8 1vs5 or more i would look at how would one handle 5. (still not 5 of noobs but 6-7/10 players).. if you can defend your favorite pvp so can i :) everybody likes something different that was my point in everything i wrote. i put why i prefer 1.9 but im not trying to convert anyone on it. just dont say 1.9 pvp lovers cant do pvp. thats all. because they do (and many many of them did pvp very well on 1.8 too)

schot

Dec 12, 2017
^^^ @PIXIECORNNNN explain this? You cheat don't you...
Yes I have cheated with a friend in a 1v1 on badlion I also admit but I play ranked skywars legit you can ss because ive deleted everything since i got banned. But idc about badlion. ive recorded all clips ive done in ranked skywars so if u want i can prove ;)

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
Scream don't get cocky mate, I will gladly 1v1 you. Add my discord Lindberg#9082 and we can do it :)

Why is nobody explaining why 1.8 is a bad version?

Adding 1.8 pvp modes will bring more people there is no denying that, if you get a better anticheat there wont be hackers.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Scream don't get cocky mate, I will gladly 1v1 you. Add my discord Lindberg#9082 and we can do it :)

Why is nobody explaining why 1.8 is a bad version?

Adding 1.8 pvp modes will bring more people there is no denying that, if you get a better anticheat there wont be hackers.

Getting cocky? 1v1? Can you read?
The only person I see talking about a 1v1 is you and effot. No need to get triggered.

D

Deleted member 100818

Just go learn to pvp in 1.9. 1.8 is outdated so it's good they don't have much games for it. And if you think Hypixel does a better job, then why don't you move to them?

Although I hate to say this, you've got to respect 1.8 players *ugh* as they're just (dumb) people as well.

EDIT: The dumb people are just the kind of people I mentioned down below..

Firstly, the server will not be downgrading at all,

It's not downgrading at all, if it was they should've removed 1.9 PvP, then you're talking about a downgrade.

As for the suggestion, this wouldn't affect any of my game experience as I'm a 1.9 player and it could only end up with more players (even though 87% of them are tryharders) So I wouldn't mind if other gamemodes were featured with 1.8 PvP.

Reactions: YNDIDON
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom