Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 486292

Starting in bedrock version 1.13.0 and above, knockback was changed to a scale of randomness. To prove this, here is a screenshot of the 1.16 beta changelog. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DA36iFGJ0THZI8nTV7szfd3th49yFaTE

1.12.1 bedrock is in many ways java's 1.8.9. PVP was much more based on skill, but as one could probably assume, "w tapping" actually mattered when trying to administer more knockback. Currently, a player can sometimes take 0 knockback because of RNG in the vanilla game's code. However, server-side mods have the ability to change this. If knockback was put back into the 1.12.1 style, the game would be more skill and less luck based. The entire bedrock PVP community dislikes versions 1.13 and above for this main reason.

This can be especially problematic on a worldwide server (connections from farther away areas=higher ping) for one main reason. If a player is lagging or has poor connection (which seems to be more prevalent on bedrock than java due to more wireless connections), the game will "store" the knockback calculated on a player if their client cannot send knockback packets back to the sever, so what ends up happening using the randomness calculator is they take close to 0 knockback despite taking several hits. In general, in games such as eggwars and skywars, the void is an obvious obstacle. If a player can simply get lucky and not take enough knockback to fall into the void despite having good connection, that doesn't make the game very fair.

I recorded 2 clips showcasing the differences in knockback between 1.12 and 1.14.

1.14: Neither of us seem to be taking much knockback

1.12: newtons 3rd law of motion exists, and is actually dependent on the velocity of the player. W tapping is effective in this version.

In summation, I strongly believe a change to make knockback on a scale based on velocity would make the game more skill-based and would improve PVP on the server. Many other servers have modified knockback to accommodate for their gamemodes and the player base, and I see no reason why cubecraft shouldn't do so as well if it makes the experience arguably more enjoyable.

Lema

Nov 14, 2019
Good idea, as someone who has a really good connection to the server I can confirm it that the knockback is very random sometimes and people like me get alot knockback while there players who almost get no knockback. A change to the old 1.12 knockback would be the best to get the game more skill based again.

NoahS4226

Feb 11, 2020
This would make gameplay a lot more enjoyable. As mentioned somewhere above, players with a less stable connection the server take little to no knockback due to the KB randomization system used in 1.13+. 1.12 and prior's knockback scale was much more consistent and players had to genuinely rely on skill in PvP confrontations as opposed to how a lot of people now take advantage of the KB they don't take. Bring back the knockback scale. Fix PvP.

GratefulCoast

Jan 31, 2020
I agree with this idea, 1.12 knockback is better than 1.14 knockback. It would be great to have it back on 1.14 and making PvP more skill based. +1

Last edited:

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
Me right now:
upload_2020-3-27_7-50-48.png

I think, yeah? maybe the older knockback was cooler? I still have to understand what is wrong with the new knockback from your point of view (too many nerdjkterms and complicated sentences for me to understand).

Ewigi

Feb 23, 2020
Starting in bedrock version 1.13.0 and above, knockback was changed to a scale of randomness. To prove this, here is a screenshot of the 1.16 beta changelog. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DA36iFGJ0THZI8nTV7szfd3th49yFaTE

1.12.1 bedrock is in many ways java's 1.8.9. PVP was much more based on skill, but as one could probably assume, "w tapping" actually mattered when trying to administer more knockback. Currently, a player can sometimes take 0 knockback because of RNG in the vanilla game's code. However, server-side mods have the ability to change this. If knockback was put back into the 1.12.1 style, the game would be more skill and less luck based. The entire bedrock PVP community dislikes versions 1.13 and above for this main reason.

This can be especially problematic on a worldwide server (connections from farther away areas=higher ping) for one main reason. If a player is lagging or has poor connection (which seems to be more prevalent on bedrock than java due to more wireless connections), the game will "store" the knockback calculated on a player if their client cannot send knockback packets back to the sever, so what ends up happening using the randomness calculator is they take close to 0 knockback despite taking several hits. In general, in games such as eggwars and skywars, the void is an obvious obstacle. If a player can simply get lucky and not take enough knockback to fall into the void despite having good connection, that doesn't make the game very fair.

I recorded 2 clips showcasing the differences in knockback between 1.12 and 1.14.

1.12: newtons 3rd law of motion exists, and is actually dependent on the velocity of the player. W tapping is effective in this version.

In summation, I strongly believe a change to make knockback on a scale based on velocity would make the game more skill-based and would improve PVP on the server. Many other servers have modified knockback to accommodate for their gamemodes and the player base, and I see no reason why cubecraft shouldn't do so as well if it makes the experience arguably more enjoyable.

Yes I believe this will make pvp better. When I play skywars for example I take more knockback than the average player. I like the idea of it being based more off of skill than luck.

GoldenGmrYT

Mar 27, 2020
I would love original KB Back. Makes the game more fun and less, how should i say this.. Random?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom