Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi y'all!

Recently I've been seeing a lot of annoying and honestly just sad behaviour against mostly girls, but it's not really reportable. Maybe I'm not the right person to make this suggestion, but I think a lot of people will agree.

Sometimes I play with girls in a party and I see a lot of misogynistic things. People (most likely boys) are messaging and pinging girls to ask to go on a date, asking for their Snapchat account or other annoying things. I'm a boy, so this doesn't happen to me, but I've asked a few girls that they felt about it and they didn't like it at all.

An example. FleurSchx is the girl and she sent me these screenshots. They're in Dutch, so I'll translate the text messages to English.
1604438184966.png

[Blue] Stouterik: "Do you want to go on a date?''
FleurSchx: "No, thank you.''
[Blue] Stouterik: "Why not?''

The next thing happened before the previous one and it is once again the same person.
I'll translate it again.
1604438411866.png

[Blue] Stouterik: "No, just a Minecraft date and then I will secretly ask your Snapchat.''

This was just an example and I'm sure this happens every day.
My suggestion is to add this to the rules with the same punishment track as swearing.

Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas or frustrations.

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
I completely agree with this! Just seeing other girls being bashed by ''e-daters'' isn't fun at all. Women are also human beings and they deserve to be handled with respect. I honestly find it really annoying when something similar to this happens to me, and would like for this to be added to one of the bullying reports - or to the report list in general. It is basically chat-trolling and girl hunting.
Thank you for making this thread.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I would say make it harassment, or something similar. Also, I can't actually read any of that, and I've mostly inferred what it says based on the posts in this thread. Could someone translate please?

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I'm really glad you've made a suggestion about this. I think girls feel a lot safer when this is punishable. I experience this quite often myself and this will probably lead to a more respectfull attitude towards women.

Reactions: Quis

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Heyhey!

Good suggestion, honestly! :)

I am not a girl myself but I can imagine how this could make them feel uncomfortable and unsafe and this is something we absolutely want to prevent from happening on our server. We are running a family friendly server and this kind of disrespectful/leaning towards harasssing behaviour should not be tolerated at all.

I feel sorry for the girls who had to go through these situations and let´s hope this suggestion gets approved by Capitan so we can ensure them that we´re doing our absolute best to prevent these things from happening!

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Maybe I'm not the right person to make this suggestion
first off its great that you are making this suggestion and you shouldn't worry about "maybe being the wrong person to do it". Suggestion wise, i 100% agree because its annoying to me when it isn't targeted at me, so i imagine it would be much worse for others who it's actually targeted at.

Reactions: JokeKaedee and Quis

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I already did translate it. Read the text below the screenshots.
O oops, thats my bad. I didn't see them lmao.
This I 100% agree with, I’d escalate it but it seems like Keanu already is planning to. It’s disgusting the things that are said to women. +1
My thoughts exactly. Everyone deserves to be treated equally, and play on the server without fear of being bullied due to their gender, orientation, etc.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
this is minecraft, not some kind of online dating gaming. i totally agree this kind of behavoir needs to stop. its not only scary for others, its very wrong to approach someone just like that.

Reactions: Harkeann and Quis

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I can repeat what many females on here would say to this: "Hell yes!" I have run into this many times before and some extreme cases I was able to report and have the users taken care of but minor cases that should have been punishable slipped by. It's not acceptable to act like this practically anywhere so Cube should be no different.

Last edited:

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
i am not a girl but i agree i think they get harassed so much especially when people make comments saying theyre bad at pvp just because they are a girl it should be mutable i think

Reactions: Hoshi and Quis
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom