Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Keep minimap mods allowed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I recently figured out that the server allows mods that give you minimaps. But on a minecraft minimap it can tell you where other players are. This gives the player with a minimap basically a radar that no one else has, IMO this is surly a major advantage as its nearly impossible to sneak up on the people with minimap mods. Should this be allowed or not allowed?

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Hello @Rigel_The_Star,

The minimap Mod is allowed, but the players on the minimap should be off. If players aren't off, the Mod is not allowed. For a full list and description, please read the ''List of Allowed Mods'' thread here > https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/list-of-allowed-mods.122155/.

Yea but there's no way of telling when someone has players off. Everyone could easily get away with having players on their minimap without getting a single punishment.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Yea but there's no way of telling when someone has players off. Everyone could easily get away with having players on their minimap without getting a single punishment.
Unless they report rule breakers with having players on on their minimap or unless Sentinel detects it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
well you bet they can't report Any players as well as likely post anything in the Youtube section or even report a bug that requires screenshot/video evidence
unless they turn it off because staff will notice for sure

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Unless they report rule breakers with having players on on their minimap or unless Sentinel detects it.

But you never know if they just saw your gamertag or something. Its extremely difficult to spot someone with players on they're minimap. So its just best to have it not allowed at all. Plus we can't rely on Sentinel to do everything.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
But you never know if they just saw your gamertag or something. Its extremely difficult to spot someone with players on they're minimap. So its just best to have it not allowed at all. Plus we can't rely on Sentinel to do everything.
True, but if you're smart, then you don't break a rule ;)

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
True, but if you're smart, then you don't break a rule ;)

What? Then all the people that aren't "smart" will just break the rules and have players on their minimap without getting suspected at all.

well there is a good chance you get caught

IMO, there is actually an extraordinary small chance you get cought. But even if there was a big chance you would get caught it wouldn't matter because we can't be arguing based on chances.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
What? Then all the people that aren't "smart" will just break the rules and have players on their minimap without getting suspected at all.
Nope. Not saying all people who aren't smart are breaking the rules. Also, players could report rule breakers while having the minimap Mod on with players on, on it.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Nope. Not saying all people who aren't smart are breaking the rules. Also, players could report rule breakers while having the minimap Mod on with players on, on it.

But its nearly impossible to tell when people have players on. I playerd with someone on the kingdom map in eggwars, he told everyone he had a minimap. I asked him doesn't that mean he can tell where everyone is? He replied "yea its op", and I thought that had to be bannable. Turns out it is, and he obviously didn't know he wasn't aloud to have players on. But the point is I literally had not the slightest clue he had a minimap at all.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
But its nearly impossible to tell when people have players on. I playerd with someone on the kingdom map in eggwars, he told everyone he had a minimap. I asked him doesn't that mean he can tell where everyone is? He replied "yea its op", and I thought that had to be bannable. Turns out it is, and he obviously didn't know he wasn't aloud to have players on. But the point is I literally had not the slightest clue he had a minimap at all.
It gives an advantage in PvP it is bannable you cannot use minimap mods unless they don't have Players on them End of story

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
It gives an advantage in PvP it is bannable you cannot use minimap mods unless they don't have Players on them End of story

What do you mean? My point is that there are people who can easily get away with breaking the rules. The solution is to just not allow having a minimap at all.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Look, sometimes a player reports a rule breaker with the minimap Mod on. Not only that, also the players are on, on that minimap. That's bannable and you'll get punished if Staff Members see it. Just don't do it, you'll get caught eventually.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Top Bottom