Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I haven't played much for a while, then recently I've been playing some duels again. I'd like to suggest some minor things that would improve the experience for me (Mostly for duels). Nothing really important, but all simple changes rather than major design decisions.

When a player uses /leave in a duel the opponent gets teleported back immediately.

Often players use /leave after, before or during the duel which then forces me to also type /leave or wait a few seconds. Typing /leave should immediately move the opponent out of the game because there is nothing left to do.

When "not enough players show up" to a random duel, the remaining player is immediately placed in another random duel.

I don't know what causes this situation, obviously it would be even better to avoid it entirely, but if for example my random opponent decides to close the game while being moved to the map, I would like to be put in a new random duel, because clearly that's what I want. Ideally some other error messages could also be handled similarly. If "the lobby goes down" immediately after the duel ends, move me to another lobby but still ask me for a rematch there.

When a player switches to another world while a cubelet is being opened, the message is still delivered.

Sometimes I have to wait until a duel match is found, someone challenges me or the party leader enters a game. If I decide to open a cubelet before the game starts, I don't see what item I got. The chat message about the cubelet loot should still be shown in chat.

Option to hide all unnecessary particle effects.
Namely win effects and trails. Since 1.13 those things cause stupid client lag spikes, spawning in a lobby or seeing the win effect at a duel rematch sometimes causes the game to freeze for seconds. I can hide all other players but it's inconvenient. I also don't want to disable particles in general because then I wouldn't see if I am getting critical hits.

Players are never teleported to an unfinished map.
Sometimes when a duel match is found, the map is slowly generated block by block. Often players /leave during that time. I don't know how exactly this is done technically, but I am pretty sure that the loading process takes much longer when the players are already on the map, because world update packets have to be sent every time to both players. Just leave the player in the queue until a map is ready. Simple idea that I just had: At times where many players are online and the servers can't keep up with generating maps, the chances for kits that cannot modify the world increase so that maps can be reused immediately.

Allow challenges with overpowered and insane kits.
I think the overpowered kits were way better than the normal ones. I'd prefer to also have the option to use them in random duels, maybe as an opt-in additional setting. Either way it would be convenient to be able to use them in challenged duels. That can probably already be achieved with the custom kit creation if it's not inaccessible at time, but that's unnecessary effort and I also don't know exactly what I'll get when I am challenged with a custom kit.

Not really a suggestion but I think the bug report might have been forgotten:
Reset the saturation for both opponents at the start of a rematch.
Otherwise the winner from the previous round usually starts with less saturation which is either a disadvantage if there is no food or a significant advantage if there is.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I find the map loading thing really annoying. I mean, yeah I can wait a while, but it gets ridiculous when just about every other game requires me to wait 15-20 seconds just for the game to start because the map wouldn't load in.

Overall +1

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
Top Bottom