Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Hi,

I decided to put this thread together to keep people updated on Minecraft news without them having to wade through the various Minecraft-related websites to keep up to date - if I'm wasting my time, tell me below :p. If this thread turns out to be popular, I'll add images to this page and make it more professional. I'll probably end up doing this similarly to my staff status and history thread. Anything which happened after March 14th, 2018 can be seen here.

First update:
March 15th, 2018

Update Aquatic for Bedrock Beta released
Today, Mojang released the first beta for Update Aquatic. It added a new mob, called the Drowned mob (this was also released on Java today, see below). It can only be found in rivers or any ocean biome, and is created when a zombie falls in underwater and stays there for roughly 15 seconds. They can also spawn naturally. They added the trident, along with its enchantments Riptide, Channeling, Impaling and Loyalty. They added stripped wood and the ability to strip wood by right-clicking on a wood block with an axe. They also added stairs and slabs for every variant of prismarine block. To get the beta, see this guide.
  • Iron Golems no longer spawn when Mob Spawning is disabled
  • Rain, smoke particles, and shadows are no longer visible through lava
  • Disabling "Visible to LAN Players" for one world no longer disables it for all worlds
  • Buttons cloned in a "pressed" state no longer remain pressed forever
  • A warning now appears instructing not to close the game when exporting a world
  • The power output of Redstone Comparators is no longer lost after a world is converted from Xbox One Edition
  • Pick Block no longer replaces the item currently selected in the hotbar if other slots are empty
  • Increased stability and fixed several crashes
  • Abandoned mineshafts no longer generate above ground
  • Fixed improper Mushroom Block obtained from giant red mushrooms when using Pick Block
  • Tools now work properly and no longer shake in-hand
  • Sticky Pistons no longer turn into regular Pistons after being renamed
  • Tripwire Hooks once again appear in Jungle Temples
  • Players can once again stand on top of ladders
  • Mob heads can no longer be duplicated by placing them in water
  • Strongholds once again generate with Mossy Stone Brick and Cracked Stone Brick
  • The maximum render distance on Xbox One X is once again 22 chunks
  • More than one line of text can once again be placed on signs
  • The B button no longer has to be pressed twice on the controller to deselect a skin in the Skin Picker
Java Snapshot 18w11a released
Today, Mojang released Java 1.13 snapshot 18w11a. It added a new mob, called the Drowned mob (this was also released on Bedrock today, see above). It can only be found in rivers or any ocean biome, and is created when a zombie falls underwater and stays there for 20-25 seconds. They can also spawn naturally. They ocassionally spawn with tridents; this has the same chance as happening a zombie spawning with a sword. Currently, they drop the same as zombies. A new item will be added in an upcoming snapshot which they will drop instead of rotten flesh. They also hurt turtles. Shipwrecks were also added. They can be found on beaches or in any ocean biome. There are three different types of shipwreck, they each spawn with different types of loot. Coral fans were also added; coral fans are basically the Minecraft version of real-life coral. A new debug function was also added; you can now copy your coordinates to your clipboard by pressing F3+C.

Second Minecraft novel announced
Today, Mojang announced a new Minecraft novel called Minecraft: The Crash. It was written by an American author named Tracey Baptiste, popular for her Jumbies series of books. The book cover was also revealed (you can see that here) - it was designed by an artist called Ian Wilding, well regarded in the video game development community. It will be released on July 10th in the USA and July 12th in the UK - more dates will be announced soon. It is currently pre-orderable on the Penguin-Random House website.

--

I hope you found this thread interesting,
Commissioned

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
date:
Shipwrecks = Very broken
It appears that Minecraft doesn’t actually specify the Y coordinate shipwrecks should spawn at, only that they should
spawn in Beach or any ocean biome, so things like this occur occasionally:
o0hi482ffzl01.png

Also, this update breaks the record for the most mobs added in a single update - 8 in total

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
UncleSpect wrote on Kazwa's profile.
amazing banner kasper! like u :D
HyperPal wrote on Elenahh's profile.
best team leader in history I swear on god respect
JokeKaedee wrote on HyperPal's profile.
AYYy you managed to get in ahhaha
Top Bottom