2. Mob C came second
3. Mob D came third.
Mob A eliminated

Second election for mob to be voted

1.Mob B came first place
2. Mob C came second.
Mob D eliminated

Final voting

Mob C eliminated. B is getting added to the game.
Mob B won with 52%.

The Update Aquatic (presumably 1.14)
New ocean biomes confirmed.
Cold oceans , Warm Oceans

6 New Mobs-

Tropical Fish(passive)
Clownfish (passive)
Salmon (passive)
Pufferfish (passive)
Dolphin (passive ; helps find sunken ships)
Mob B (hostile, spawns high up . Hostile to all. However will go put of its way to kill a player who hasnt slept in a long time. Mob attacks in groups. Gl .

New weapon- Trident.

Melee and ranged. Can be thrown, seems to have a long cooldown. Its blue and looks to be made of diamond.

New enchantments-
1. Loyalty -
When thrown , trident will return to user.
2. Riptide-
When using a trident , keft clicking thrusts you forward at high speed. This can allow you to thrust yourself around in water. Funny enough , this works on land but only when its raining.

Changes-
Buoyancy added. No idea how this works.
Items will now float on water , ir at least some of them.
Added bubble coloumns that alter buoyancy (or something)
Water will no longer break grass, but will flow through it .
New water texture(lol obviously)
Water flows through fences without affecting them.
Can catch fish with buckets of water and place them down elsewhere; build aquariums!

Structure-
Added shipwrecks. Dolphins will kead you ti them
Added iceburgs. Have packed ice in them.

Added coral reef , seaweed.

Also here's the full changelog for the ones who missed it.
Apparently there are more enchantments coming with the Trident.
- Slipstream Dash
- Impaler
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/everything-announced-minecon-earth

Last edited by a moderator:

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
upload_2017-11-18_19-59-53.png

oh well

Reactions: Despacito 2

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
2. Riptide-
When using a trident , it thrusts you forward at high speed (underwater use). Also works during rain.
WHAT

Buoyancy added.
Items will now float on water
Added geysers that alter buoyancy
Now how would this work...
Hopefully they don't remove infinite water sources & the fall damage counter that water can do for you. That would actually be really upsetting.
Water will no longer break grass.
New water texture(lol obviously)
Water flows through fences
ok no. I want my water bucket lawn mowers!
But at least fences can now be used as a support for docks and stuff now. That ought to be pretty nifty!

Now.
The mob votes.
I bet they're just going to add all four mobs considering they already did the work to code them into the game in the first place.
I was hoping for C since that was the only one that actually had a purpose that was hinted at in the description. The other mobs would've probably just been a "trash mob". By trash mob, I mean a mob that is basically there to exist for no reason other than just to kill you. No special reason to kill them and or maybe tame them unlike mob C. Mob C had something to do with some interesting enchanting properties, and that really got me interested in it. 'Tis a waste if they don't add it at all.
AND CAN I JUST SAY THAT MOB B IS JUST A STINGRAY IN THE AIR? NOT EVEN A FISH. A FLYING MOB THAT LOOKS LIKE A STINGRAY.

ps I hope the fish flops on land

A

A pigeon

NO PROJECTILE MODE ACTIVATED
Its the first item thats both a weapon and a projectile ; it’d be interesting to see what happens.

WHAT

Now how would this work...
Hopefully they don't remove infinite water sources & the fall damage counter that water can do for you. That would actually be really upsetting.

ok no. I want my water bucket lawn mowers!
But at least fences can now be used as a support for docks and stuff now. That ought to be pretty nifty!

Now.
The mob votes.
I bet they're just going to add all four mobs considering they already did the work to code them into the game in the first place.
I was hoping for C since that was the only one that actually had a purpose that was hinted at in the description. The other mobs would've probably just been a "trash mob". By trash mob, I mean a mob that is basically there to exist for no reason other than just to kill you. No special reason to kill them and or maybe tame them unlike mob C. Mob C had something to do with some interesting enchanting properties, and that really got me interested in it. 'Tis a waste if they don't add it at all.

Yeah so basically , you get thrusted forward at high speeds when you attack with a trident which has the “riptide” enchantment.

It’s used for maneuvering underwater. However the special feature is that it can be used during rain. You can thrust upward and put on your elytra and fly!

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The mob votes.
AND CAN I JUST SAY THAT MOB B IS JUST A STINGRAY IN THE AIR? NOT EVEN A FISH. A FLYING MOB THAT LOOKS LIKE A STINGRAY.
That's not true. Those were just sketches and ideas of those mobs. They could have done that without coding anything which is why the possibility of them adding all four of them is pretty low.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
That's not true. Those were just sketches and ideas of those mobs. They could have done that without coding anything which is why the possibility of them adding all four of them is pretty low.
Yet why would they announce 4 possible mobs for the update (after 1.13) while not having partly implemented on ANY of them before the voting? Wouldn't that be the worst way to go about things?

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Tbh, they should have showed what mobs A-D did, before everyone voted for them. We don't even though how much damage they are gonna do, attacks etc. (Unless they did showed the attacks, I wasn't paying attention :P)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Tbh, they should have showed what mobs A-D did, before everyone voted for them. We don't even though how much damage they are gonna do, attacks etc. (Unless they did showed the attacks, I wasn't paying attention :p)
Like I said in my previous post. Those were only sketches and ideas of those mobs. They wouldn't waste actual development time on something they wouldn't implement.
Yet why would they announce 4 possible mobs for the update (after 1.13) while not having partly implemented on ANY of them before the voting? Wouldn't that be the worst way to go about things?
I'm pretty sure such situations are pretty common inside game development. Where designers come up with multiple ideas but only 1 or 2 get chosen.
This could have even happened before in Mojang. Where certain mobs that we never heard of before simply got denied and didn't make it into the game.

Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎈🎉
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Aratic's profile.
Hope you're doing good man.
Top Bottom