Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
For just credibility purposes I will post my screenshot of statistics.
stats for guide 2.png

Since my last guide, I have played 121 more games, of those 118 of them were wins. The other 3 were disconnects, but even if they were losses, I still won 118 out of 121 games. That would be a 97.5%-win rate for those 121 games Over all the games I played. I have an 83%-win rate, or a little bit better than winning 4 out of 5 games I start in.

I will begin by stating every game is not the same. There are similar games in Tower Defense, but never the same, because there is always a differing amount of people on the team, different play styles, different amount of coins, etc. Thus, for optimal placement, I cannot give you a picture and an order of placement and you can just follow that and win every game. There is wit, and the better your opponent the harder defense will be to contain that better opponent. Thus, I must give you the analytics behind where and why to place towers. This guide assumes that the towers are all level 4. Because level 4 towers are so much superior to that of prior levels that is why I am making this assumption.

Optimal placement is both easy to understand, but very difficult to make perfect. When towers are more optimally placed then they will do more damage and this can be multipliers, such as twice as good or three times as good. Most towers have a 15-block range. These include Archers, Ice, Mage, Artillery, Poison, Zeus, sorcerer and Quake. Artillery is the exception with a range of 12 blocks. The 5X5 towers have different ranges, with Necromancer towers at 18 blocks, Leach and Turrets at 14 blocks. Thus, with most the 3X3 towers having the same range which towers do you put at the most optimal places. For example, on Demons map, you have a few spots where a 15-block range tower can reach for 75 blocks or more. These spots are hitting more than a full double hit location, full double hit locations go at about 60 blocks, and full single hit locations hit for 30 blocks. This brings me to my first point what towers do you place in the most optimal critical points?

Critical point locations (to understand where the critical points are please look at Ymbmg95 part 3 guide):

Now there is no perfect answer to this. There are only 3 towers that effect the full range every attack when mobs are present. These are simply Ice, Quake, and mage towers. However, as I discussed in my part one, maximize the time that mobs are not in the range of mage towers, but are still being affected by the fire. Thus, the two towers to fill these spots become Quake and Ice towers. Early game, ice towers are far superior of an option because they are cheap and effective. However, late game, with speed potions and slow potions fighting each other, ice towers are virtually irrelevant. However, Quake towers still play a huge role in finishing the magma cubes and slimes from giants. Now ice towers are still important late game against cave yolos, and concurrent rushes, so don’t sell them after Armageddon. Additionally, because quake towers do not affect flying mobs, ice becomes important against them. Thus, because quake towers don’t make sense around your archers and there are still plenty of critical spots around, what do you place there? And even in areas where both ice and quake are being used, there are still some critical spots, what do you place there? There are 3 towers as my go to Zeus towers, Sorcerer towers, and Leach towers. These are my go to, because of the price of them, when the tower is that expensive you want to make sure it has the maximum range or effectiveness. In the front, I will generally put sorcerer towers either in vacant critical spots or in near critical hit or double hit spots but only up front. Spread just enough to not have too many, but prevent the wither from taking any towers out. A slight controversy is how many sorcerers is enough. Keep in mind that sorcerers are expensive and artillery, Zeus, or Necromancer Towers do more damage. Additionally, it takes a few seconds for sorcerer towers to spawn their mobs onto the wither, so overlap is necessary. I have found that 3 towers in between the sorcerers are about perfect to keep the wither from destroying any towers, thus that leaves potentially a few critical spots vacant up front, usually after said and done on some maps you have 2 critical spots left on demons you have one. Any other spot where there is a vacant critical spot I will place a Zeus tower. This includes upfront (Zeus does good damage to the wither) and by the archers (Having Zeus towers in critical spots will make blazes easier to drop). The leach is the controversial topic of them and I will generally place a maximum of 3 Leach towers. When you place a Leach tower, you want it on a double hit spot or critical spot with the one exception of putting one close to the front. The Leach towers like archer towers are affected by range, and like archer towers, I believe they work on the line of sight, thus if they can’t see the mob they won’t target the mob. Because Leach towers are taller they can shoot through archer towers as well as mage and ice towers, but cannot shoot through Artillery and Zeus towers. Thus, you must plan your tower set up accordingly. Now you may wonder what about Linear portions of the map, like the front of an Original map. There are certain locations that are better thus the “Critical locations” of that area. Consider the following picture of the range of an area I like to place a Zeus tower. The area of the useful range is in red, while the yellow shows the full range.
Zeus Range picture.png

Even though this is a Linear section of the map, this Zeus tower is getting 57 blocks of range, almost that of a full double-hit location.

Double-hit locations:

All towers except for necromancer towers can belong in double-hit locations. Double-hit locations are where critical points are in general, with a few exceptions. The weakness of double hit locations is concurrent rushes. Where the second rush will only take about half the damage of the first rush. Thus, you must be careful when you see huge amounts of mobs in concurrence. The weakness of concurrent rushes is leech towers; thus, you can discourage them by placing a leech tower or two. The concurrent rush idea is also the reason I like leech towers in critical spots and double hit spots. I also like Zeus towers in the occasional double-hit location. Additionally, up front sorcerer towers are good to have to be consistent on the wither. The towers I prefer to in most double hit locations are artillery and archers. These are cheaper towers compared to those used in critical points in general. However, these are your bread and butter towers, these do the work to stop rushes as well as potions, and if they hit twice then it is as good as placing two towers in a single hit location.

Single-hit locations:

There are four towers I like in these locations, Necromancer, Sorcerer, Artillery and Archers. These locations generally allow for a lot of towers hit the same location. These locations are designed to allow you to drop mobs with either natural regeneration or mobs supported with regeneration pots. I would like to note that on single-hit locations, the towers in the back have just as much range of attack as those in front. Thus, doubling your artillery in the front is better than having a front defense that is twice as long.

Reverse optimal placement:

A location where many towers target the same location. For example, when you have a corner where 8-10 Necromancer towers as well as a Leach, several Artillery towers, a quake, ice, poison, and Zeus. are affecting that one area. This is how dropping Giants is made with ease. Where you do so much damage with your towers that you drop the mob almost instantly, basically neglecting the natural regeneration. Necromancer towers also have two other factors why they are best to be placed like this. First, they a little when placed in critical points. Second, when the iron golem hits a mob the mob is slowed, when multiple Iron golems are hitting the same mob the slow effect is multiplied.

To cap things off, I will give a defense that our team made on original. I believe it was 4 of us that made this defense.
awesome defense.png

First I want to say this defense took out 6 giants as well as 12 supported blazes with ease. With the help of defensive potions. As you can see I have 1 of each pre-bought. The giants were sent when we had about two-thirds of this defense constructed, and after we finished them off I wanted to top off the defense and make it impervious. I will go ahead and mention the two flaws with this defense that I noticed. The first flaw, toward the front, by that first Leach, there is a Zeus Tower, that Zeus tower would have better range if it was one tower over and next to the ice tower. In addition, move the sorcerer tower and put it where the Zeus Tower was, and then replace that sorcerer tower on the corner with an Artillery. The second slight flaw is the 4 Zeus towers next to each other should be moved one tower in toward the ice tower. These two are incredibly minor, however. You may notice that I didn’t mention that Leach closest to spawn as it’s range is reduced by that Artillery tower. We wanted to reduce the range of that Leach tower. If that leach tower had its better range then the opponent could send skeletons until it went off, then send a huge rush to avoid setting off that Leach while they are going for the castle. The question is how do you get through this defense as every defense has its weakness. And unfortunately for the offensive person, things are not looking good for you. You have only a few options. One is to try a cave yolo. Giants are actually not an option because there are enough necromancer towers to stop 24 giants if we wanted too. Thus, you are left with blazes, and the best chance you will have is to get your entire team to send 12 blazes at the same time and all of you spam speed and regen and hope for the best. If the entire team is doing it, it may have a chance of getting through.

Thank you for reading my second Guide to Tower Defense. If you want to see another guide from me, please mention so in the comments and perhaps even give me a topic or general scenario you want me to discuss in an upcoming guide.

Hope to see you in a game sometime!

Last edited:

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I absolutely love the amount of insight that you put into defense as well. I honestly feel like a lot of players don't see why a defense like this is so tough to beat. The fact that you see it too reassures me that other players are capable of heavy thought too. I also loved that you picked apart defense, stated which towers you'd like where, and most importantly... why you wanted them there instead. There was very good reasoning put into your work, and that's how it should be.

fgeto

Jun 27, 2014
:):):) :eek::eek::eek:i am gagging, are u Jesus cuz u have given me life, u slaaayed , this post is sickening, this post is lit AF. Had to remember my 5 g's (good god girl get a grip) more 2016 slang ect. !!! educate the children

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom