Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Joebobhero

Jun 19, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
⚽ Sport Resort 🏀

Hello Marketplace and fellow Bedrock members!

As some of you know, I'm Cameron and I'm the Product Manager at CubeCraft, but I also assist with marketplace content. If that's with QA or making command blocks come to life!

Welcome to our Marketplace Highlight for our latest Marketplace creation, Sport Resort! In these sort of threads, we will go into detail about a particular project to show you our behind-the-scenes!

🧠 First thoughts and brainstorming!

If you've been on the internet at all, you'll know the Nintendo video game "Wii Sports" & "Wii Sports Resort". When I was younger I had a Wii and I loved Wii Sports so I was so excited to work on this project! In November 2018, the Sport Resort world was started and locations were slowly added over the period of a few months.

🛠 Production process!

As mentioned above, the project world was started in November 2018. Between November 2018 to the start of April 2019, other features for the project like models were being completed as well. @Yamín built the main island and @Unstrafeless did buildings and interiors. In July 2019, I took over the project to add some command block spice! Along with adding command blocks & functions to all locations, I needed to QA my own work and make sure these were working correctly. I wanted Sport Resort to have a lot of features and things to discover and explore. Overtime I added achievements to all sports and locations, as well as shops for key sports like Fishing, Frisbee and Skydiving. In September 2019, @mitgobla changed all of the custom entities and made them unique and incredible, with sounds & more!

As my main role at CubeCraft isn't a Marketplace content creator, most of my time was being a Product Manager so the production of this project was slowed down a lot. Most of the sports and command block features were complete, but we brought @Priley onto the project to finish up some of the sports in February 2020. During this time I was also making sure that the sports were finished and working. In April 2020, I finished up the final command blocks, ensuring all sports worked & all achievements were implemented, along with entities.

Mid April 2020, the Sport Resort world was moved into full QA, and our Marketplace QA team played the world. The QA team reported a lot of issues as predicted with a project this big. Some were stupid and some were funny! - Over the course of May and end of April, I got all of the issues fixed, it was painful but they were fixed :D On 21st May, Sport Resort was given to Microsoft for submission.

First test recording of "Archery".

First test recording of "Bowling".

View attachment 172339
Command blocks for Sport Resort.

View attachment 172338
@mitgobla messed up the plane size.

View attachment 172341
Meme when Sport Resort was finally submitted!

😯 Lots of content!

Sport Resort is currently our biggest project in terms of content so far. There's 15 sports to try out, 8 custom entities to use, 33 achievements to complete, it's multiplayer supported and there's a currency "Cube Coins" which you can use to unlock shops to buy wearable items & spray cans for your plane, quad bike or bicycle!

Plane, Quad bike & Bicycle in Sport Resort.

🚲 Custom entities!

@mitgobla & @Yamín helped model and add the behaviours to all 10 of our custom Sport Resort entities! These are custom entities: Plane, Quad bike, Bicycle, Tennis ball, Football, Golf ball, Bowling pin, Kayak, Target & Frisbee. Each of these entities needed to be modelled, textured and given unique behaviours to operate how they do.

At the beginning of the production of Sport Resort, our entities were actually vanilla mobs & didn't have a lot of sounds, abilities or amazing animations. But as time went on, @Yamín learnt more about custom model animations & @mitgobla was brought onto the Marketplace team to add his incredible knowledge and skills to make the entities even better! - All of our custom entities are no longer vanilla mobs, they are custom new entities, thanks to the advancements of the Bedrock client. For example, Planes, Quad bikes & Bicycles didn't have the ability to be coloured with a spray can, now they do! Bowling pins used to be Shulkers and would teleport everywhere 😫! And now they don't! 🎉

View attachment 172340
Custom entities in Sport Resort.

🥼 Quality Assurance!

Quality Assurance (QA) is key when it comes to marketplace content. Microsoft will also QA it but it's obviously best if we submit the piece of content with 0 issues occurring, so it can be approved faster, reducing delays by a lot! With a project as big as Sport Resort, I had my own testing but it's also very ideal to have QA party tests where we have 4-5 people testing everything. Around 20-30 bugs were discovered on the first set of testing, I got all of them fixed and added extra features like a world map with labels and extra achievements! Below are some of the crazy and weird bugs that were discovered, and now have been fixed!

View attachment 172343
View attachment 172344
Slack messages about Sport Resort QA.

QA test of Kayaking being bugged.

Being able to put a Quad bike in a boat, Quad boat!

Being able to score at Basketball from underneath!

Skydiving acting weird.

Plane floating up and down.

📽 Trailer!

We couldn't make this huge project without a trailer! It shows off all of the features and content within the world! Take a look!

If you want to check out Sport Resort on the Marketplace, CLICK HERE!

You can find this any many more of our projects on the Official Bedrock Marketplace! 💜

If you want to contribute to our servers and Marketplace projects, feel free to check out our application thread!

Thank you so much for checking out our Sport Resort Marketplace Highlight thread. We'll be doing these from time to time! Keep on being creative out there & stay safe!​
wii sport resort in minecraft lol

D

Deleted member 489420

Hype!!

Altough i dont play on bedrock
NOW i definetely will!!

StiefMoeder

Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
www.partydoosmedia.com
⚽ Sport Resort 🏀

Hello Marketplace and fellow Bedrock members!

As some of you know, I'm Cameron and I'm the Product Manager at CubeCraft, but I also assist with marketplace content. If that's with QA or making command blocks come to life!

Welcome to our Marketplace Highlight for our latest Marketplace creation, Sport Resort! In these sort of threads, we will go into detail about a particular project to show you our behind-the-scenes!

🧠 First thoughts and brainstorming!

If you've been on the internet at all, you'll know the Nintendo video game "Wii Sports" & "Wii Sports Resort". When I was younger I had a Wii and I loved Wii Sports so I was so excited to work on this project! In November 2018, the Sport Resort world was started and locations were slowly added over the period of a few months.

🛠 Production process!

As mentioned above, the project world was started in November 2018. Between November 2018 to the start of April 2019, other features for the project like models were being completed as well. @Yamín built the main island and @Unstrafeless did buildings and interiors. In July 2019, I took over the project to add some command block spice! Along with adding command blocks & functions to all locations, I needed to QA my own work and make sure these were working correctly. I wanted Sport Resort to have a lot of features and things to discover and explore. Overtime I added achievements to all sports and locations, as well as shops for key sports like Fishing, Frisbee and Skydiving. In September 2019, @mitgobla changed all of the custom entities and made them unique and incredible, with sounds & more!

As my main role at CubeCraft isn't a Marketplace content creator, most of my time was being a Product Manager so the production of this project was slowed down a lot. Most of the sports and command block features were complete, but we brought @Priley onto the project to finish up some of the sports in February 2020. During this time I was also making sure that the sports were finished and working. In April 2020, I finished up the final command blocks, ensuring all sports worked & all achievements were implemented, along with entities.

Mid April 2020, the Sport Resort world was moved into full QA, and our Marketplace QA team played the world. The QA team reported a lot of issues as predicted with a project this big. Some were stupid and some were funny! - Over the course of May and end of April, I got all of the issues fixed, it was painful but they were fixed :D On 21st May, Sport Resort was given to Microsoft for submission.

First test recording of "Archery".

First test recording of "Bowling".

View attachment 172339
Command blocks for Sport Resort.

View attachment 172338
@mitgobla messed up the plane size.

View attachment 172341
Meme when Sport Resort was finally submitted!

😯 Lots of content!

Sport Resort is currently our biggest project in terms of content so far. There's 15 sports to try out, 8 custom entities to use, 33 achievements to complete, it's multiplayer supported and there's a currency "Cube Coins" which you can use to unlock shops to buy wearable items & spray cans for your plane, quad bike or bicycle!

Plane, Quad bike & Bicycle in Sport Resort.

🚲 Custom entities!

@mitgobla & @Yamín helped model and add the behaviours to all 10 of our custom Sport Resort entities! These are custom entities: Plane, Quad bike, Bicycle, Tennis ball, Football, Golf ball, Bowling pin, Kayak, Target & Frisbee. Each of these entities needed to be modelled, textured and given unique behaviours to operate how they do.

At the beginning of the production of Sport Resort, our entities were actually vanilla mobs & didn't have a lot of sounds, abilities or amazing animations. But as time went on, @Yamín learnt more about custom model animations & @mitgobla was brought onto the Marketplace team to add his incredible knowledge and skills to make the entities even better! - All of our custom entities are no longer vanilla mobs, they are custom new entities, thanks to the advancements of the Bedrock client. For example, Planes, Quad bikes & Bicycles didn't have the ability to be coloured with a spray can, now they do! Bowling pins used to be Shulkers and would teleport everywhere 😫! And now they don't! 🎉

View attachment 172340
Custom entities in Sport Resort.

🥼 Quality Assurance!

Quality Assurance (QA) is key when it comes to marketplace content. Microsoft will also QA it but it's obviously best if we submit the piece of content with 0 issues occurring, so it can be approved faster, reducing delays by a lot! With a project as big as Sport Resort, I had my own testing but it's also very ideal to have QA party tests where we have 4-5 people testing everything. Around 20-30 bugs were discovered on the first set of testing, I got all of them fixed and added extra features like a world map with labels and extra achievements! Below are some of the crazy and weird bugs that were discovered, and now have been fixed!

View attachment 172343
View attachment 172344
Slack messages about Sport Resort QA.

QA test of Kayaking being bugged.

Being able to put a Quad bike in a boat, Quad boat!

Being able to score at Basketball from underneath!

Skydiving acting weird.

Plane floating up and down.

📽 Trailer!

We couldn't make this huge project without a trailer! It shows off all of the features and content within the world! Take a look!

If you want to check out Sport Resort on the Marketplace, CLICK HERE!

You can find this any many more of our projects on the Official Bedrock Marketplace! 💜

If you want to contribute to our servers and Marketplace projects, feel free to check out our application thread!

Thank you so much for checking out our Sport Resort Marketplace Highlight thread. We'll be doing these from time to time! Keep on being creative out there & stay safe!​
i think its cool but i would delete the bowling

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom