• No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
This is a good thought,but they closed this for a reason. Imagined getting spammed with builds that could be just troll. Staff have to do so much stuff, and if you added that, that would just be a lot on the staff's backs. Sorry
~Not ChillyTree approved

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a good thought,but they closed this for a reason. Imagined getting spammed with builds that could be just troll. Staff have to do so much stuff, and if you added that, that would just be a lot on the staff's backs. Sorry
~Not ChillyTree approved

But its worth it for very good maps...
Its builders/devs responsibility all they have to do its look at one image and either lock it or leave it.
Simple as that

Reactions: ChillyTree

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
But its worth it for very good maps...
Its builders/devs responsibility all they have to do its look at one image and either lock it or leave it.
Simple as that
It is more than just looking at it. They have to pay attention to detail, landscaping, and quality. One simple look will not do it just like that. They have builders for all of that. Yes, I believe everyone has talent, do not get me wrong! I just think with all of the reports, appeals, and questions, it would just be hard on them! I still do like your idea! (PS: They can not just leave it, they would have to close it if they were not approved)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It is more than just looking at it. They have to pay attention to detail, landscaping, and quality. One simple look will not do it just like that. They have builders for all of that. Yes, I believe everyone has talent, do not get me wrong! I just think with all of the reports, appeals, and questions, it would just be hard on them! I still do like your idea! (PS: They can not just leave it, they would have to close it if they were not approved)

Builders do not do reports there not helpers there life it build or threads...

Pandaa

Forum Expert
Map submissions are too spammy. Back when Cubecraft had less of a community, they could easily accept maps like music and other player-made maps, however with the player-base increase, cubecraft could not handle the amount of Map Submissions and unfortunately had to close the section.

Also, the CCG build team started to expand, and therefore Map Submissions were not really needed!

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
Builders do not do reports there not helpers there life it build or threads...
I understand that :P. Builders do have a deadline that can be very sharp! Builders I think are very neglected over other staff, but they are just as important! Builder is just a hard job as any Mod. Since CubeCraft has grown, there could be ALOT more spam then there was, making it less important! I also don't see the need since it has grown!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand that :p. Builders do have a deadline that can be very sharp! Builders I think are very neglected over other staff, but they are just as important! Builder is just a hard job as any Mod. Since CubeCraft has grown, there could be ALOT more spam then there was, making it less important! I also don't see the need since it has grown!
Map submissions are too spammy. Back when Cubecraft had less of a community, they could easily accept maps like music and other player-made maps, however with the player-base increase, cubecraft could not handle the amount of Map Submissions and unfortunately had to close the section.

Also, the CCG build team started to expand, and therefore Map Submissions were not really needed!

Less work and also where are the original ideas we have no say anymore its not right

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
Less work and also where are the original ideas we have no say anymore its not right
Never said we have no say! CubeCraft is here to make everyone have fun! Yes Staff has more control than normal ranks, but that is with every server! We have he suggestion forums (using right now :cool:) that staff DOES look over! We all have the building forums where people can share there buildings. Most of these people are planning to get Builder! Remember, CubeCraft is growing, and CubeCraft is hiring new builders! This means that more people come, more people get Builder, and more people have more original ideas :D.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I think the reason they closed it is because people were posting stuff that really wasn't that good, and if I remember correctly the minions map came from there so I can see why it would be shut down.

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I think the reason they closed it is because people were posting stuff that really wasn't that good, and if I remember correctly the minions map came from there so I can see why it would be shut down.
Wow HScrozzy, hater aren't we on that map? xD
I am not trying to be pushy I a just saying that yes, I do miss all of the creative maps, but they did remove it for a reason! CubeCraft is coming out with amazing new maps (as we just saw in this last update), and I just don't want staff to have to much on there backs!

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow HScrozzy, hater aren't we on that map? xD
I am not trying to be pushy I a just saying that yes, I do miss all of the creative maps, but they did remove it for a reason! CubeCraft is coming out with amazing new maps (as we just saw in this last update), and I just don't want staff to have to much on there backs!

Yes last update (Jungle and Library)
The update befor it all the maps were heavely criticized so not really
Low quality in my opinion we need more public power to the people
Freedome of writeing

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I am but he is wrong, Minions was accepted therefore making it an invalid claim even if he dose not like it. Its still invalid to this discussion.
Please do not make assumptions. The Minons map from EggWars has gotten a lot of hate. Minions isn't my favorite map because of it's layout. Also, people could of gotten mad saying quote on quote "My build was way better than this!". People got barking like cats and dogs.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well I am just going to quote Efcluke here (this was only for survival games maps but I think this could be applied to the reason they removed map submissions)
Efcluke94 said:
The reason we don't allow map submissions for survival games is because the maps weren't good enough for our standards, we are competing for the top server in the world so we can't have all these low quality maps being submitted
No offence to anyone who made a map submission (I made 4 so Don't be offended anyways)
This would also be because a lot of people were doing it wrong they didn't include footage of themselves building it that was also likely one of the biggest reasons Yoya's eggwars map outback wasn't accepted (it had 52 votes for yes) along with the fact someone necroposted that thread locking it

Reactions: Hypixel Network
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hola Capp! 🤍
After nearly 2 years on the Forums, I just figured out I can watch an entire subforum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_5528.png

This would’ve been so useful in the past. 😭
Top Bottom