• No

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
So recently a new member decided to join the forums and straight up copied 3 maps from other minecraft players. I feel like this should be ban-able on the forums as it is against the law to copy those maps without giving the actual credits. Trying to get your stolen map submitted once shouldn’t be ban-able, but I feel like 3 times is too many. Keeping it short as there is nothing more to say, there is in my opinion no reason why this wouldn’t be ban-able.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
So recently a new member decided to join the forums and straight up copied 3 maps from other minecraft players. I feel like this should be ban-able on the forums as it is against the law to copy those maps without giving the actual credits. Trying to get your stolen map submitted once shouldn’t be ban-able, but I feel like 3 times is too many. Keeping it short as there is nothing more to say, there is in my opinion no reason why this wouldn’t be ban-able.
I was actually gonna make this exact thread when I got back from school lol.
Yes, it’s extremely annoying when people just steal maps from the internet. Perhaps the first incidence should be a month ban and the second one a permanent ban from the forums. (And if they’re unlucky enough to have their account linked, then in game too) .

Edit: I was hoping we would get banned anyway.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Just watch him comment on this saying he didn’t lol.

Responding to the thread I 100% agree.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I was actually gonna make this exact thread when I got back from school lol.
Yes, it’s extremely annoying when people just steal maps from the internet. Perhaps the first incidence should be a month ban and the second one a permanent ban from the forums. (And if they’re unlucky enough to have their account linked, then in game too) .

Edit: I was hoping we would get banned anyway.
Like if someone really doesn’t know that we addressed to them that you can’t copy maps, because he doesn’t know how replies and the forums work, that makes it already okay-isher. But this kid just keeps straight up denying it while there is more than enough evidence.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I banned the user for a week. Making one shouldn’t be bannable and continuing to do it should be and was xd.
Awesome! Still seen it happening multiple times with other members. Might add it to the official rules? It’s obvious that you can’t do it but otherwise players could come to you with the fact that it isn’t in the rules. Might save ya’ll some time explaining :P

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Awesome! Still seen it happening multiple times with other members. Might add it to the official rules? It’s obvious that you can’t do it but otherwise players could come to you with the fact that it isn’t in the rules. Might save ya’ll some time explaining :p
It doesn't need to be in the rules, it's not a major or common thing to feature in the rules. We can enforce a ban whenever for whatever, as it's our platform :D Simple to avoid... don't attempt to steal content xd.

SlipAndSlideBby

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2018
The Netherlands

lol never noticed but rip other people's work

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
It doesn't need to be in the rules, it's not a major or common thing to feature in the rules.
I get that stealing maps is too specific to be able to be put into the rules but it also falls within the legal boundries provided by the EULA and/or british law ( creative commons licence)

Would it be possible to add that uploaded content (comments, file uploads, linked media) must comply with british law and the Mojang EULA?
This would cover A LOT of loopholes and oversights in our rules.

D

Deleted member 59979

I get that stealing maps is too specific to be able to be put into the rules but it also falls within the legal boundries provided by the EULA and/or british law ( creative commons licence)

Would it be possible to add that uploaded content (comments, file uploads, linked media) must comply with british law and the Mojang EULA?
This would cover A LOT of loopholes and oversights in our rules.
I have been wanting to suggest this for a very very long time honestly. Not just for this reasoning, but in general this would be an amazing thing and would help punish a lot of rule breakers who would normally get away so yes please.

On the topic of the thread itself, making copied map submissions even once should be bannable tbh. Yeah I agree it shouldn't be put into the rules specifically but these people know exactly what they've done and should know by pure common sense and respect that it isn't okay.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom