Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Here's a very old suggestion (and I'm not sure if it's been suggested recently), but what about 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 modes?
i feel like 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 would make the bigger teams die, which is a shame. but i would love it too at times. also a problem, you can farm points very easily like this

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'd like to see more map easter eggs, sorta like how you could find an elytra in that one launch map (I forget its name, I haven't played the game since pre-release). With so much detail in the backgrounds, it's such a shame most of it goes unnoticed! This should be done in all gamemodes imo, everybody loves finding easter eggs!

Reactions: Am4er and Drakie❤

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
i feel like 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 would make the bigger teams die, which is a shame. but i would love it too at times. also a problem, you can farm points very easily like this
Points shouldn't be a major factor. We'll get to this in a bit.

Bigger teams are inherently chaotic. The team is already nonexistent if the team can't cooperate, and it is not easy to do so in random games. In a coordinated party of 6, it's doable but that strictly requires 6 players so that everyone is exactly on the same page. Even missing one means a random player may join and mess up the team's plan.

Back to point farming. Though I don't know now as I was a pre-Aug 2017 TD player with ymbmg, back then it was NOT easy to farm wins/points easily from the game. You really had to develop mastery over dynamic strategies and execute them consistently. (Some players had some competency; while a few players from that pool had demonstrated some level of mastery, even fewer mastered the game.) That meant knowing the ins and outs from the back of your hand, not simply learning from guides that say "just do X" but knowing what/when/how to act from months of experience with top players, not random games. This is what separated teams getting consistent 99.9% winrate over those who occasionally got wins. The gap for farming points was that large that even a team of strictly 2 masters could take on a team of 6 and still win.

Last edited:

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
  • New troops and towers. This game desperately needs some new content.

• Prestige towers. Most people that play this game seriously pretty much have all their towers unlocked. Give us something new to do with those towers. Maybe we need [amount] of archer kills to be able to prestige our archer tower. This would add an extra little bonus to the tower. Think damage, extra gold for kills, cost reduce, eg. Give a couple tiers. If people can grind for a reason, they keep playing and keep a game active.

- Before anyone says that this would give another team an unfair advantages: the game already does this. You can play against a team that bought all towers to max, while your team hasn't.

• Optimization. Performance is an issue for the majority of players. Especially when both teams are sending slimes it gets bad fast.

• Quality of life changes/updates. I won't go into the specifics. This subforum has been hammering down on these much needed changes for ages now.

• Scale powerups with the game. Getting 23 coins at the end of the game... is useless. Or you pick up a powerup a minute into the game and it sends a very strong attack, which is difficult for the other team to deal with. It's nothing but dumb luck. It should be a welcome bonus, but not anything game changing.

• Solo mode.

• And don't be afraid to update this specific gamemode to the latest Minecraft version only.

• If the gameplay doesn't drastically change with different mobs and towers some maps should be removed or changed. Some are way too big, which makes it nearly impossible to reach the castle when 2 decent teams are playing.

Some quick brainstorming:
  • New category of mobs: defenders. Instead of sending mobs to the other team, you could spawn a couple knights (or mobs) on your own lane. These also could be split up in different categories. One would attack everything that spawns, another would focus on holding the line (freeze the mobs), another one could buff or heal. And that's just with thinking about it for half a minutes.

• How about some extra gameplay features. Maybe add a mine to all the maps (placed directly between both teams). Every now and then a message will pop up that some gold has spawn. The team that first finds that gold within the mine will all receive a money bonus. Just anything to give the players something to do in between sending mobs and waiting.

• Team generators. Add a gold multiplier generator to the castle (or any other place on the map). It won't spawn any items, but a team can dump both gold and xp into the generator and for every unlocked tier you would receive a % extra gold for all actions.

• Ranks/level ups. A lot of times you find yourself playing with new players or seemingly inexperienced players. It could be useful to give people with certain amount of wins a prefix. Not obnoxiously big or noticable, but in a way new players can understand that they are getting advice from someone that knows what they are doing.

Last edited:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
  • New troops and towers. This game desperately needs some new content.

• Prestige towers. Most people that play this game seriously pretty much have all their towers unlocked. Give us something new to do with those towers. Maybe we need [amount] of archer kills to be able to prestige our archer tower. This would add an extra little bonus to the tower. Think damage, extra gold for kills, cost reduce, eg. Give a couple tiers. If people can grind for a reason, they keep playing and keep a game active.

- Before anyone says that this would give another team an unfair advantages: the game already does this. You can play against a team that bought all towers to max, while your team hasn't.

• Optimization. Performance is an issue for the majority of players. Especially when both teams are sending slimes it gets bad fast.

• Quality of life changes/updates. I won't go into the specifics. This subforum has been hammering down on these much needed changes for ages now.

• Scale powerups with the game. Getting 23 coins at the end of the game... is useless. Or you pick up a powerup a minute into the game and it sends a very strong attack that's nothing but dumb luck. Not really. It should be a welcome bonus, but not anything game changing.

• Solo mode.

• And don't be afraid to update this specific gamemode to the latest Minecraft version only.

• If the gameplay doesn't drastically change with different mobs and towers some maps should be removed or changed. Some are way too big, which makes it nearly impossible to reach the castle when 2 decent teams are playing.

Some quick brainstorming:
  • New category of mobs: defenders. Instead of sending mobs to the other team, you could spawn a couple knights (or mobs) on your own lane. These also could be split up in different categories. One would attack everything that spawns, another would focus on holding the line (freeze the mobs), another one could buff or heal. And that's just with thinking about it for half a minutes.

• How about some extra gameplay features. Maybe add a mine to all the maps (placed directly between both teams). Every now and then a message will pop up that some gold has spawn. The team that first finds that gold within the mine will all receive a money bonus. Just anything to give the players something to do in between sending mobs and waiting.

• Team generators. Add a gold multiplier generator to the castle (or any other place on the map). It won't spawn any items, but a team can dump both gold and xp into the generator and for every unlocked tier you would receive a % extra gold for all actions.

• Ranks/level ups. A lot of times you find yourself playing with new players or seemingly inexperienced players. It could be useful to give people with certain amount of wins a prefix. Not obnoxiously big or noticable, but in a way new players can understand that they are getting advice from someone that knows what they are doing.
I love every single one of these, You can be sure that most if not all of these suggestions will find a place in my thread. Thank you for the amazing ideas!

• Love
Reactions: LeCastel

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Thread unlocked so that it continues to serve its purpose. 😊
Sorry for the confusion. If anything we'll be more careful not to lock threads when it's been exactly 3 weeks, just so timezones and such don't get in the way.

About TD, I think it'd be cool to play around with more AoE Potions. Like maybe strength? For when troops are right next to the castle. Perhaps fire resistance so you have an effective way to counter fire potions. A wilder dream I've always had is limiting TD to the latest version of the game so that all the new mobs can be incorporated I think that would be an amazing overhaul that'd bring new life to the meta.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Thread unlocked so that it continues to serve its purpose. 😊
Sorry for the confusion. If anything we'll be more careful not to lock threads when it's been exactly 3 weeks, just so timezones and such don't get in the way.

About TD, I think it'd be cool to play around with more AoE Potions. Like maybe strength? For when troops are right next to the castle. Perhaps fire resistance so you have an effective way to counter fire potions. A wilder dream I've always had is limiting TD to the latest version of the game so that all the new mobs can be incorporated I think that would be an amazing overhaul that'd bring new life to the meta.
a whole update including mc version would be game changing for sure! imagine how many great now mobs can be used, like the pillagers! also new towers that we really need, since the ones there are now.... they're getting old tbh. i think strength would be a little too OP since people know how to skeleton/blaze rush, which is a lot of damage without any potions :P

Tyrantrumred5

Jul 17, 2019
Hello, as a long time player of Tower Defense I have browsed several threads, many of which contained great ideas for additions to tower defense. Not all of these ideas are my own but I believe every one of the ideas I am listing will be beneficial for the game. I might not be able to fit everything in one post so I will sum up my suggestions here and go more in depth in a separate post. I will try to make my posts as clear as possible so the devs at cubecraft don't have to go looking around all over the place for ideas. Here is a list of ideas I will be discussing:

1) New Boss Mob/New Mode: When game would normally end "Doom" mode occurs and an EnderDragon is summoned.
2) 2 new mobs (enderman) and (guardian)
3) New Tower AOE Stopper (still looking for a better name) will shoot AOE potions at random
4) Tweaks to existing mobs
5) Tweaks to existing towers
6) Other potential ideas mentioned by the community such as a detector for tower placement, a new Armageddon mode, and more…

The plan is to make a separate post for each of these (though enderman and guardian might get separate posts) so if 1 does not meet your interest you can skip to the next. Please like the posts if (and only if) you actually would like to see them be implemented into the game. Either way please give your feedback and like this post if you want the devs to notice it.

Here is a list of players whose ideas had the most influence on my suggestions:

Tyruntred5, Shotgun, CrystalDrop, PapaMatt

With that being said stay tuned! I plan on going much more in depth regarding each point but that takes time so be patient.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hello, as a long time player of Tower Defense I have browsed several threads, many of which contained great ideas for additions to tower defense. Not all of these ideas are my own but I believe every one of the ideas I am listing will be beneficial for the game. I might not be able to fit everything in one post so I will sum up my suggestions here and go more in depth in a separate post. I will try to make my posts as clear as possible so the devs at cubecraft don't have to go looking around all over the place for ideas. Here is a list of ideas I will be discussing:

1) New Boss Mob/New Mode: When game would normally end "Doom" mode occurs and an EnderDragon is summoned.
2) 2 new mobs (enderman) and (guardian)
3) New Tower AOE Stopper (still looking for a better name) will shoot AOE potions at random
4) Tweaks to existing mobs
5) Tweaks to existing towers
6) Other potential ideas mentioned by the community such as a detector for tower placement, a new Armageddon mode, and more…

The plan is to make a separate post for each of these (though enderman and guardian might get separate posts) so if 1 does not meet your interest you can skip to the next. Please like the posts if (and only if) you actually would like to see them be implemented into the game. Either way please give your feedback and like this post if you want the devs to notice it.

Here is a list of players whose ideas had the most influence on my suggestions:

Tyruntred5, Shotgun, CrystalDrop, PapaMatt

With that being said stay tuned! I plan on going much more in depth regarding each point but that takes time so be patient.
this is a necropost so this thread will most likely be locked after this, but the thread i was talking about is here https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...is-is-what-the-community-wants-to-see.266644/ so you can take a look at it if you want. I know that at least one suggestion in there is from you :P

Reactions: Shotgun

Tyrantrumred5

Jul 17, 2019
this is a necropost so this thread will most likely be locked after this, but the thread i was talking about is here https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...is-is-what-the-community-wants-to-see.266644/ so you can take a look at it if you want. I know that at least one suggestion in there is from you :P
Hey thanks for referring me! It was an interesting post. It was a long read but worth it! I recommend everyone who sees this to check it out because there is truly something in there for everyone :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom