• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Disclaimer: this thread contains swearwords!

Hey guys!

Currently saying 'wtf' in chat is not reportable. This, in my eyes, if kind of strange, as 'wtf' is pretty offensive.
What makes it even more strange, is the fact that 'fuck / fk' is reportable. Also 'stfu' (what stands for 'shut the fuck up") is reportable, while this is an abbrevation containing fuck just like 'wtf'. On the other side 'Shut up' is not reportable, meaning that the f in 'stfu' is what makes it reportable. Then why is 'wtf' not reportable?!

I think this is pretty strange and complicated, and I think this has to change.

Tell me your opinion!

Greetings,
Marijn

Last edited by a moderator:

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
I agree It’s just an abbreviation for a swear word
So it has to be the same. As you said I think stfu is more toxic than fuck so I agree

Reactions: Maaarijn

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I agree with this too. Most of the people actually say "wtf" like in their home. In the "what the fuck" section, there's a word, "fuck", which is or should be considered inoffensive. So, at this point, it should be a swear word which can lead into a mute, under the section "swearing".

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
I think the rules should stay the same. "wtf" is an acronym that isn't directed towards anyone, it's essentially harmless. It's also an acronym so you're not actually typing out the whole word. "stfu" however is different acronym, when used "stfu" is directed at someone and meant to be rude/mean. Acronyms that aren't directed towards someone shouldn't be punishable. When typed "wtf" is harmless and not directed towards anyone. Sorry but I disagree.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I think the rules should stay the same. "wtf" is an acronym that isn't directed towards anyone, it's essentially harmless. It's also an acronym so you're not actually typing out the whole word. "stfu" however is different acronym, when used "stfu" is directed at someone and meant to be rude/mean. Acronyms that aren't directed towards someone shouldn't be punishable. When typed "wtf" is harmless and not directed towards anyone. Sorry but I disagree.
true, but why is 'shut up' not mutable then?

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Personally, when I use 'Wtf' I mean 'What The Fudge'. I use it in a way where I'm confused or shocked over a situation.

I try my best to rarely swear, I occasionally slip up when I get shocked! Oops...

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I use wtf all the time and it’s not meant to be offensive in any way . It’s just an more extreme version of what the heck. Stfu, however is meant to be offensive and is more like actually saying shut the f*ck up.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I have idea to change the suggestion instead of wanting wtf gone let's get stfu not a mutable offense

• Sad
Reactions: wxzzrd

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I use wtf all the time and it’s not meant to be offensive in any way . It’s just an more extreme version of what the heck. Stfu, however is meant to be offensive and is more like actually saying shut the f*ck up.
You have a point. The f in 'wtf' can stand for different things, while the f in 'stfu' mostly doesn't. Still we all know what it means and I think 'wtf' is swearing. 'Shit' is also not allowed, while 'wtf' is heavier swearing then 'shit' imo.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
You have a point. The f in 'wtf' can stand for different things, while the f in 'stfu' mostly doesn't. Still we all know what it means and I think 'wtf' is swearing. 'Shit' is also not allowed, while 'wtf' is heavier swearing then 'shit' imo.
Wtf Is allowed cause your not saying the whole word. Stfu can mean shut the fudge up? I believe shit should be allowed

• Sad

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Good point but I would never say sh*t I would say wtf

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Personally, when I use 'Wtf' I mean 'What The Fudge'. I use it in a way where I'm confused or shocked over a situation.

I try my best to rarely swear, I occasionally slip up when I get shocked! Oops...
I don’t say it in chat but I definitely don’t mean it like wtf, I mean it like what the frick

Reactions: Maaarijn and wxzzrd

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Although others have different context when saying "wtf", the acronym is generally "what the f***". It still could be understood by others as "what the f***" which can potentially encourage more and more use of these types of acronyms with swears in them if they realize it's not punishable. I personally think that they should be made mutable if excessively used.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, "wtf" is a word that people say to express surprise. I do not think that it could be a good idea to make it mutable. Also, people can use "tf" which can not be mutable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Top Bottom