Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I'd like to suggest that in the next Tower Defence update that area's within the game become easier to understand, some simple things that could be made easier to understand are:

・Removing all useless paths from towers to avoid confusion and being able to shift click easier etc. for example;
- Archer path 1
- Zeus path 1(unless it gets fixed)
- Turret path 2
- Necromancer path 2
- Poison path 2(afaik it doesn't work if a path 1 is placed and a path 1 is always placed)

・Always spawn at the start of the map, I cant say how many times I've seen people start defending at the back of there map rather than the front, for new players its confusing spawning at the end.

・If a player hasn't sent troops or placed a tower in 3 minutes or so a [Hint] should be sent in chat to tell the player, "Remember to send troops using the chest" or depending on what they haven't done "Remember to right click checkered spots to place towers"

・If a player tries to right click a checkered spot on the enemy's side it will send a warning that they're doing this such as "This is the wrong side of the map, place towers on your side"

・If a player hits a troop or tries to place a tower on the enemy's track rather than just throwing them backwards a message should show in chat(as it does), but also an option to tp to the start of your track(for example play again button) just like that button shows in chat to tp back. this could also be a command for everyone not just when you hit a troop on the wrong side or try and place a tower on the wrong side

I think one of the reasons that people don't play td is because its confusing for people to understand, maybe these would be good to make it more easy to understand? if you agree that these could make the game easier to understand feel free to vote below with agree :agree: if not vote with disagree :disagree: but tell me why?

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Hello Matriox,

As I mentioned in discord I, unfortunately, do not agree with the first three points of this suggestion.

1. Some people use the so-called "useless paths" of tower defense. Plus this is a strategy game it takes time to figure out what works and when. If players do not want to take the time to learn this, then this game is not for them and they should stick with PVP. We still have people playing the game and it's not like the game is so dead that we need to change the mechanics of it this drastically. If anything, I would be okay with having certain paths cheaper or even free instead of just "removing" them. Plus you know we already had people working on balancing out the towers that drastically need balanced.

2. As for not spawning at the start of the map, I and a lot of players prefer starting at the back. This way you have to rush to the front and get your towers placed. And if people place in the back it's not the worst thing for the game. Plus I always help the player out if it looks like they just don't know what's going on. Technically, exp stalling, and placing in the back is a strategic defense-wise anyway. Again this is a small thing; play more than two games to figure out which is the front and which is not. And if they don't want to play again, it's not because they didn't know what was the front and what was not. If anything, just label "start" and "end" or they can take the tutorial. Also not to be mean, but new players don't know what to place at first and I don't want a bunch of level 1 artillery or spammed mages at the front.

3. Not everyone has to send troops, I meet a lot of inexperienced players who just want to focus on defense or just focus on attack. That is okay, there's a lot going on in a game and sometimes focusing on one thing is helpful. As for the experienced player, I do not want to keep receiving a message just because I don't send. Perhaps if this is togglable, which people who care about the game will eventually learn how to do, I'm okay with this part. I, for one, pay attention to chat.

Thank you.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Matriox,

As I mentioned in discord I, unfortunately, do not agree with the first three points of this suggestion.

1. Some people use the so-called "useless paths" of tower defense. Plus this is a strategy game it takes time to figure out what works and when. If players do not want to take the time to learn this, then this game is not for them and they should stick with PVP. We still have people playing the game and it's not like the game is so dead that we need to change the mechanics of it this drastically. If anything, I would be okay with having certain paths cheaper or even free instead of just "removing" them. Plus you know we already had people working on balancing out the towers that drastically need balanced.

2. As for not spawning at the start of the map, I and a lot of players prefer starting at the back. This way you have to rush to the front and get your towers placed. And if people place in the back it's not the worst thing for the game. Plus I always help the player out if it looks like they just don't know what's going on. Technically, exp stalling, and placing in the back is a strategic defense-wise anyway. Again this is a small thing; play more than two games to figure out which is the front and which is not. And if they don't want to play again, it's not because they didn't know what was the front and what was not. If anything, just label "start" and "end" or they can take the tutorial. Also not to be mean, but new players don't know what to place at first and I don't want a bunch of level 1 artillery or spammed mages at the front.

3. Not everyone has to send troops, I meet a lot of inexperienced players who just want to focus on defense or just focus on attack. That is okay, there's a lot going on in a game and sometimes focusing on one thing is helpful. As for the experienced player, I do not want to keep receiving a message just because I don't send. Perhaps if this is togglable, which people who care about the game will eventually learn how to do, I'm okay with this part. I, for one, pay attention to chat.

Thank you.
Thanks for your opinions -

The main reason I suggested to remove useless paths is for people to understand the game easier, faster and better plus to reduce toxicity. I've experienced a large amount of toxicity from people to newer players who may not know how to play the game well and understand what towers are and what there upgrade paths do, while I don't support being toxic to newer players I fully understand why people may be annoyed or angry over people placing the "wrong path" in a tower, it can be infuriating because it could possibly loose you the game. I say wrong path because there's usually(in the towers I've mentioned) a right path and a wrong path. It clearly needs to be balanced better so that nothing needs to be called the wrong path, I think this would reduce toxicity a fair amount and without balanced towers there's no need to have the useless paths especially seen as some may cause more lag than there better path. Either balancing the towers paths or removing the tower paths but either way it would reduce toxicity and probably would improve player experience in both learning and for good players to know that a tower is never useless

I agree I rather maps where I spawn in the back but this isn't for good players. Thinking of newer players and there player experience is more important in my opinion, good players always know where to go and what the fastest way to get there is. This gives no chance to newer players to place towers and develop a better understanding of towers, there paths, and coin drops from troops. As well as this with the ability of very good players to know exactly where to go and how to get there fast they often will block up the start for themselves and there own income, this is clearly a toxic thing to do that gives no chance for newer players to develop strategies and learn more.

I haven't thought of it being toggleable but its a good idea and compromise, maybe if it automatically turned off after 50 wins or whatever rather than being toggleable :agree:

Reactions: CrystalDrop

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
this is clearly a toxic thing to do that gives no chance for newer players to develop strategies and learn more.
I understand your point. However, sometimes watching is the best way to learn. Like I mentioned earlier, it only takes about two games to figure out where the spawn is.

The main reason I suggested to remove useless paths is for people to understand the game easier, faster and better plus to reduce toxicity. I've experienced a large amount of toxicity from people to newer players who may not know how to play the game well and understand what towers are and what there upgrade paths do
As for this, sadly I feel like toxicity will always be around. And again, removing tower paths will drastically change the game. Before the big tower defense update a few years ago there were no path options. We still had people fighting about what towers to place and where. This is why I think removing the weaker paths is not needed. It is a bit too late to revert to old ways after the overwhelming amount of new players. I am doing my best to help boost a positive environment whenever I play and sometimes that's all we can do.

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand your point. However, sometimes watching is the best way to learn. Like I mentioned earlier, it only takes about two games to figure out where the spawn is.
That's true but a lot of people wouldn't last that long in td, they just play a game and find it too confusing. Racing to the start is a common thing every game because people know they need money to "run the game", but that leaves no chance for newer players and a whole team in general to work together.
As for this, sadly I feel like toxicity will always be around. And again, removing tower paths will drastically change the game. Before the big tower defense update a few years ago there were no path options. We still had people fighting about what towers to place and where. This is why I think removing the weaker paths is not needed. It is a bit too late to revert to old ways after the overwhelming amount of new players. I am doing my best to help boost a positive environment whenever I play and sometimes that's all we can do.
I mean just removing useless tower paths on the specific towers I've mentioned. I wouldn't suggest removing all of the tower paths and leaving the good ones. But if we can have it so that no tower path needs to be known as the useless path in the first place this wouldn't be needed, maybe its something that could be done in the future. but for now, my opinion is still to remove useless towers paths, unless of course they balance tower paths a bit.

syrun97

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2017
・Removing all useless paths from towers to avoid confusion and being able to shift click easier etc. for example;
- Archer path 1
nah arch 1 is good budget tower for blazes, that dont deserve same spot like poison 2 or all "bounce" upgrades.
also buff or remake all useless path, rather than removing it.
・Always spawn at the start of the map, I cant say how many times I've seen people start defending at the back of there map rather than the front, for new players its confusing spawning at the end.
then that nons and newb will flood the start with random lvl 1 towers.
・If a player hasn't sent troops or placed a tower in 3 minutes or so a [Hint] should be sent in chat to tell the player, "Remember to send troops using the chest" or depending on what they haven't done "Remember to right click checkered spots to place towers"

・If a player tries to right click a checkered spot on the enemy's side it will send a warning that they're doing this such as "This is the wrong side of the map, place towers on your side"

・If a player hits a troop or tries to place a tower on the enemy's track rather than just throwing them backwards a message should show in chat(as it does), but also an option to tp to the start of your track(for example play again button) just like that button shows in chat to tp back. this could also be a command for everyone not just when you hit a troop on the wrong side or try and place a tower on the wrong side
yes yes yes
also make it player dont upgrade troops, unlock troops or upgrade gold mine in 5-10 mins, send hints to that player, so that guy can know how to upgrade mine, troop and send better troops.

Reactions: KLsz and Matriox

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
When I first started playing TD, it was so hard to understand half of it. This would definitely clear up some confusion for newer players.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
If a player hasn't sent troops or placed a tower in 3 minutes or so a [Hint] should be sent in chat to tell the player, "Remember to send troops using the chest" or depending on what they haven't done "Remember to right click checkered spots to place towers"
As a supplement to syrun97's reply above, it is very common if I want to go for a full and a half wave of Lv. 5 Giants, that I need to wait for more than 6 minutes even in a Double Income game to get the amount of coins ready before the Armageddon starts.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
As a supplement to syrun97's reply above, it is very common if I want to go for a full and a half wave of Lv. 5 Giants, that I need to wait for more than 6 minutes even in a Double Income game to get the amount of coins ready before the Armageddon starts.
"I haven't thought of it being toggleable but its a good idea and compromise, maybe if it automatically turned off after 50 wins or whatever rather than being toggleable"

as well as that i don't think that 2 messages being sent in chat for the 6mins of wait time is going to be very very bad but that's just my opinion ig

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
as well as that i don't think that 2 messages being sent in chat for the 6mins of wait time is going to be very very bad but that's just my opinion ig
Nah, it is a really annoying thing if you have tried Among Slimes on CubeCraft. There is a message asking you to do tasks if you haven't done any tasks in the past few minutes. It is really annoying when you are tracking down an imposter.
On one case I was forming a group with an imposter in the map Mars. I happened to make them crouching at me at conspicuous places for quite a long time so that they can't leave me to kill any other crewmates. Everything went smooth sail until I received a third warning that told me I would be kicked if I didn't do task soon. So I left them and did a task, and they started to kill players soon after the group was disbanded.
Nobody likes to be scolded when they aren't actually doing anything wrong :(
"I haven't thought of it being toggleable but its a good idea and compromise, maybe if it automatically turned off after 50 wins or whatever rather than being toggleable"
But your suggestion that turing off the notification automatically after a specified amount of wins is actually a gold solution to this problem. It should be reasonably achievable under current CubeCraft setup. I support this idea.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Nah, it is a really annoying thing if you have tried Among Slimes on CubeCraft. There is a message asking you to do tasks if you haven't done any tasks in the past few minutes. It is really annoying when you are tracking down an imposter.
On one case I was forming a group with an imposter in the map Mars. I happened to make them crouching at me at conspicuous places for quite a long time so that they can't leave me to kill any other crewmates. Everything went smooth sail until I received a third warning that told me I would be kicked if I didn't do task soon. So I left them and did a task, and they started to kill players soon after the group was disbanded.
Nobody likes to be scolded when they aren't actually doing anything wrong :(
i guess i'm just different, it wouldn't annoy me. But i understand it could annoy some people so i think it being toggleable or automatically be removed as a feature after 50 wins is a good idea

Reactions: KLsz
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom