Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
The only reason cubecraft has not done this yet is to add another feature for donators. Which could make sense, however cubecraft should be focusing more on player experience, as this would naturally attract more players. (after all server that do this like hypixel get so much more players than cubecraft and hence get far more donations ).

Lets face it, at the moment for a regular player to report a hacker it is just way to much bother, I mean you have to load up your browser click on the website, record a video , upload it, upload the post, and all that together takes far too much time. For what do people do this? Are they rewarded? Aside from satisfaction, no. So why should they? Some people do take the time to do this however they are in the minority. Sentinel is great, I will not lie, however aside from hacking there are many other things I see often on the server ( racism, cross teaming etc ) which sentinel just cannot detect. Therefore I propose a ./report system for the common folk who do not have a donator rank. There does not need to be a moderator / admin checking it immediatly as there is with the donator ./report system, however this ./report can show up in the players system, and hence a moderator can: review chat if its a chat related offence, look at the player when they are next online, or use this as further evidence of hacking to dish a larger sentence when the player is found guilty of hacking through clear evidence.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I think that this will be abused if too many players can use it. Also, if there are too many players who can use it, the moderation team can't look at all the reports. My reports get mostly automaticly closed, so I think that it will be too much for the moderation team to give everyone access to /report. Also they can't just check immediatly, they have to be online and have to take some time for it. I don't think this would be a good idea.

Reactions: Zerynn and Maaarijn

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
I'd recon they could implement this in a way that if a player gets for example like 20 + reports then sentinel or someting pases on a signal, hence preventing the overload that you hypothesized.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
While I get that you want that, I don't think it will be very helpful.

Serious reports would get buried by the god knows how many false reports (that's not to say ranked users don't abuse or have it wrong). Right now it's already rare to actually see a player get punished through using the /report system... More often than not they get automatically closed because no one came to check it out, or it couldn't be verified. I've reported the same user multiple times and every single time he/she was deemed innocent. It took me to make a video to get that player banned and report it on the website.

So, I'm very much against this.

Reactions: DrHam

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
The only reason cubecraft has not done this yet is to add another feature for donators. Which could make sense, however cubecraft should be focusing more on player experience, as this would naturally attract more players. (after all server that do this like hypixel get so much more players than cubecraft and hence get far more donations ).
When /report was originally added, it was available to everyone. We were unable to keep up with the sheet volume of reports (many of which was false), so it was decided to make it a ranked only perk. In the future, it is always possible for it to become available for everyone once again, but some changes would have to be made so the moderation team is not overwhelmed.

I'd recon they could implement this in a way that if a player gets for example like 20 + reports then sentinel or someting pases on a signal, hence preventing the overload that you hypothesized.
That is a possibility, but then it requires that quite a few people have to experience/witness the player cheating before we would get notified. With your example of 20, that is more players than are in a normal solo skywars game. And this also requires that pretty much every single player in around two matches has to be using the command. If it is a cheat like kill aura without any fly, not many players may see the person cheating before they are eliminated by others. Even if we were to reduce the required amount of reports down to 5+ or even 3+, that is still allowing the cheater to continue playing for longer amounts of time before staff are even notified. And then for offenses like teaming, those would almost never be handled since most teaming only happens in one game and is not witnessed by many players. If you then suggest that certain reports be forwarded through with only one report, then players would start to report with false reasons just so their report is viewed immediately.

Lets face it, at the moment for a regular player to report a hacker it is just way to much bother, I mean you have to load up your browser click on the website, record a video , upload it, upload the post, and all that together takes far too much time. For what do people do this? Are they rewarded? Aside from satisfaction, no. So why should they? Some people do take the time to do this however they are in the minority.
I definitely understand that it can take quite a bit of time to report. I do ask that you not forget that /report was added for the convenience of the playerbase, the report website will still be the best way to make sure someone is punished for breaking the rules. What I used to do was record the game, and then I would wait a day before making any reports. This way you can check if the player has been banned by sentinel or through another report, that way you don't run into as many closed reports due to the player already being punished.

owever aside from hacking there are many other things I see often on the server ( racism, cross teaming etc ) which sentinel just cannot detect. Therefore I propose a ./report system for the common folk who do not have a donator rank. There does not need to be a moderator / admin checking it immediatly as there is with the donator ./report system, however this ./report can show up in the players system, and hence a moderator can: review chat if its a chat related offence, look at the player when they are next online, or use this as further evidence of hacking to dish a larger sentence when the player is found guilty of hacking through clear evidence
For these other types of offenses (specifically teaming, though it would include camping and trolling if those were ingame report options), /report does not always help. We can only punish if we are able to witness it ourselves. With those type of offenses, they aren't always continuing to break the rules, so we can't handle the report. Recording is really the best (and sometimes the only) way to get these offenses punished for. When you mentioned "look at the player when they are next online", this really isn't feasible. We receive hundreds of reports daily, of which dozens of players log off the server before we can handle the report. It is not pratical to keep a list of all those players so we can check when they are next online so we rely on players to report them again when the next login and break the rules again.
For chat reports, I think a /chatreport command would be amazing and I believe I have supported this in the past when suggestions were made for it. Instead of doing an ingame report, /chatreport would automatically file a website report for you with a copy of the text log. Makes it much easier for pretty much all parties.

Advay

Jun 26, 2016
When /report was originally added, it was available to everyone. We were unable to keep up with the sheet volume of reports (many of which was false), so it was decided to make it a ranked only perk. In the future, it is always possible for it to become available for everyone once again, but some changes would have to be made so the moderation team is not overwhelmed.

That is a possibility, but then it requires that quite a few people have to experience/witness the player cheating before we would get notified. With your example of 20, that is more players than are in a normal solo skywars game. And this also requires that pretty much every single player in around two matches has to be using the command. If it is a cheat like kill aura without any fly, not many players may see the person cheating before they are eliminated by others. Even if we were to reduce the required amount of reports down to 5+ or even 3+, that is still allowing the cheater to continue playing for longer amounts of time before staff are even notified. And then for offenses like teaming, those would almost never be handled since most teaming only happens in one game and is not witnessed by many players. If you then suggest that certain reports be forwarded through with only one report, then players would start to report with false reasons just so their report is viewed immediately.

I definitely understand that it can take quite a bit of time to report. I do ask that you not forget that /report was added for the convenience of the playerbase, the report website will still be the best way to make sure someone is punished for breaking the rules. What I used to do was record the game, and then I would wait a day before making any reports. This way you can check if the player has been banned by sentinel or through another report, that way you don't run into as many closed reports due to the player already being punished.

For these other types of offenses (specifically teaming, though it would include camping and trolling if those were ingame report options), /report does not always help. We can only punish if we are able to witness it ourselves. With those type of offenses, they aren't always continuing to break the rules, so we can't handle the report. Recording is really the best (and sometimes the only) way to get these offenses punished for. When you mentioned "look at the player when they are next online", this really isn't feasible. We receive hundreds of reports daily, of which dozens of players log off the server before we can handle the report. It is not pratical to keep a list of all those players so we can check when they are next online so we rely on players to report them again when the next login and break the rules again.
For chat reports, I think a /chatreport command would be amazing and I believe I have supported this in the past when suggestions were made for it. Instead of doing an ingame report, /chatreport would automatically file a website report for you with a copy of the text log. Makes it much easier for pretty much all parties.
I completly see you’re point, I think that it would be nice if cubecraft could have a command had a command that’s auto generates a new report thread and auto fills in the players details ( by supplying username in game) and I completly agree with making a chat report command. Is it worth starting another thread on the chat report command?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I completly see you’re point, I think that it would be nice if cubecraft could have a command had a command that’s auto generates a new report thread and auto fills in the players details ( by supplying username in game) and I completly agree with making a chat report command. Is it worth starting another thread on the chat report command?
It would only really work for chat reports, skin, and name reports. All other reports require video evidence so having it create a new report with just the name isn't too helpful.
Here is one of the suggestions for chat report: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/chat-logs-better-chat-moderation.211726/
Since it is old, make sure not to necropost. You can just lend your support with a like or other reaction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom