Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should what was suggested pass?

• Yes

• No (Please explain so)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
Hi, Super simple idea, Make /report able to be used by a lot of ranks and not have it stuck behind a 9.15 USD (7.00 GBP) Plus Subscription paywall, (this is on the Plus tab on the store)
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 9.10.02 AM.png

Well why do I say this, Well over all trying to clean the servers of someone not following the server rules, and its really a pain on boot up a recording software like OBS or Bandicam in the heat of an engagement on more PvP related mini games, and even more of a pain of reporting them on the website for the rule that they broke, were if I was to do /report in game, Its quick, easy and done, and if it is based on something like Chat Spam/Inappropriate language the staff member can just check the chat logs (assuming that they do).

I can hear your Keyboard clicking along as you type "What if it gets abused?" Well simple answer, add a warning system to that, 1st false report is a warning, 2nd false report either remove the ability to report for x amount of days, or another warning, 3rd false report is lost ability to report someone.

So that's me spitballing an idea that myself and my friends though about, because in our opinion it is really dumb to have /report be only to be used by plus users

Reactions: CasGamer175

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Plus needs this perk, otherwise theres less incentive to buy it. Unless the perk is only given to obsidian ranks and/or plus

Anyways most hackers have tons and tons of NFA alts, so reporting them doesnt really do anything.

Reactions: God.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Well I would love to have acces to this command but there're a few problems. Like you said, Abusing this command is probably one of the worst things to deal with. I am glad that you added punishments to the people who abuse the commands but that doesn't solve a lot. They do not have enough staff to handle that sort of fluctuation in reports coming live, that they have to handle right then and there. Since no one is going to take any evidence for the obvious reason that it is reported by the /report command, rule breakers will just walk away with nothing. What I wanna say with this, is that you will just give a lot more work for the staff members and at the moment they do not have enough staff members to keep track on the /report command. Also most of the Plus subscribers are trusted or are really trying to get involved with the server, So I get why this rank gets the perk to do /report.

iFantastic

Aug 1, 2016
I think it's a good idea, but onmy give it to people who have had a rank for at least let's say 4 months or so and maybe only obsidian I don't know because cubecaft has got a lot more noobie emerald and below rankers then they have obi...

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
I say no, i accidently press yes :/
I think is bad idea because plus is aclualy cool with this and is so cheap

Anthoony

Oct 6, 2017
Ecuador
I was not right to add this command to the members who have not purchased the "Plus" rank because if they added it, there would be so many reports and sometimes some players report because they just killed him or reported for no reason, my response is not!

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I said no to this because, there's too many ranked players that I've seen in the past call hacks on anyone. "If you beat me that means you're a hacker" That's basically what every player does and assuming that "if" they had the ability to report they would most likely use that command not wisely. As mentioned/if mentioned, if it gets abused you'd have too many players reporting and with the amount of staff on the server, it would be hard to either spectate or actually go for people who are hacking. Great suggestion though, but I think it should be a Plus feature for now.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
I think it's a good idea, but onmy give it to people who have had a rank for at least let's say 4 months or so and maybe only obsidian I don't know because cubecaft has got a lot more noobie emerald and below rankers then they have obi...
I guess that spending 25% more money on a higher rank that only offers extra bling and colours makes you the biggest pro on earth.

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
There should be some perks to having plus rank. If all ranks have acces to /report there is no reason to buy plus.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
There should be some perks to having plus rank. If all ranks have acces to /report there is no reason to buy plus.
Well you get access to the “exclusive” livestreams...
theres only been one, and it was just a different POV of the public livestream

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
Well you get access to the “exclusive” livestreams...
theres only been one, and it was just a different POV of the public livestream
Indeed so only having /report as a plus member is a good perk only for plus. Otherwise it would be worthless.

Reactions: Chitter

coralines

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2018
Okay so, I feel like dropping my two cents here on the topic.

Coming from another big server I was staff on before resigning, we did have the command /report open for a couple of ranks only. That being said, we received thousands of reports every day that would expire or wouldn’t be as useful as we wanted, that with 150-200 staff members. The idea was amazing, the actualization unfortunately wasn’t.

When it comes to a command like /report, you need to think how it can be efficient and satisfactory. Given the current number of staff members, opening /report to more players is simply a dead end. Reports would expire way more often that you can think, or go unnoticed because of the amount that come in daily.

If a /report system was to be implemented for more ranked players, it would need to either notify staff online through a pop-up message, and making sure staff is always on, or it should have a system that allows to log specific logs for the player reported - chat logs for chat offenses, or “sentinel logs/violations” for those that cheat; no idea for gameplay offenses though.

As you see, it’s way more complicated that it seems. Coming from a community member, of course you’d want to be able to /report even without plus (heck even I would immediately sign up for it), but realistically speaking, the benefits could be limited and different issues could arise.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

May the 4th be with you
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom