• No

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
The main issue:
You just finished crafting your uber cubelet, costing you 8000 (or 12 500 if you are stone rank) loot points or 16-25 cubelets.
You end up getting a duplicate and that turns into 3500 loot points if you are lucky.
So you just lost 4500-9000 loot points and you still don't have the vanity item you want.
You don't see where this is fun? Here's a way to make it fun ;)

Here's my solution:

Vanity merchant / shop. This could be a merchant or another gui.
Every 2nd weekend it pops up and offers a selection of random different items that you may or may not yet have in your collection, displayed on hover, and maybe a way to introduce a new vanity item/set/gadget into the game.
Items would be priced depending on rarity and the cubelet they come from ranging from 800 loot points (cubelet, common) to 24 000 loot points (uber, mystical).

For reference, I haven't spent any loot points since the loot points update came out so I made about 54 000 loot points in the span of 20 months as an obsidian ranked player.
This is taking inspiration from the warframe "Baro Ki Teer" traveling merchant / money sink and it works really nicely.
For early players, the shop will appear to be expensive, but for the players that have been here longer and are already constantly getting duplicates, this is a breath of fresh air, since by opening tons of cubelets, you still know that eventually you'll be able to complete your collection and not have to suffer the 70-90% duplicate cubelet chance.

It could also show you the amount of vanity items you own out of the amount currently obtainable so you don't keep getting duplicates.

Also as you collect more vanity items, the chance of getting a duplicate should be capped at max 25% chance (you can modify the cap by removing owned items from the roll). This, because having a 99% chance of getting a duplicate is just not worth the effort.

Another solution from the comments:
they should make ubers in the shop not duplicate
The monthly obsidian rank ubers can be changed,so you can’t get duplicates since it’s once a month you get those.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Opening duplicates is just so much fun!
You just finished crafting your uber cubelet, costing you 8000 (or 12 500 if you are stone rank) loot points or 16-25 cubelets.
You end up getting a duplicate and that turns into 3500 loot points if you are lucky.
So you just lost 4500-9000 loot points and you still don't have the vanity item you want.
You don't see where this is fun?

Here's my solution:
Every week it offers 3 different items that you don't yet have in your collection.

It could also show you the amount of vanity items you own out of the amount currently obtainable so you don't keep getting duplicates.

Also as you collect more vanity items, the chance of getting a duplicate should be capped at max 25% chance of getting a duplicate (you can modify the cap by removing owned items from the roll). This, because having a 99% chance of getting a duplicate is just not worth the effort.
I absolutely love this idea! Mainly because it’s thought in a way that favors all ranks! It is true that Uber Cubelet duplicates can be very disappointing. I hadn’t really put myself in the position of a stone tanker, weow.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
Opening duplicates is just so much fun!
You don't see where this is fun?

Here's my solution:
Every week it offers 3 different items that you don't yet have in your collection.

Also as you collect more vanity items, the chance of getting a duplicate should be capped at max 25% chance of getting a duplicate (you can modify the cap by removing owned items from the roll). This, because having a 99% chance of getting a duplicate is just not worth the effort.

I agree with you, but try and use less sarcasm. It took me 2 minutes to figure out what the heck you were saying.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
It's kind of like a black market. I like the idea. I just wait a month for my monthly uber reward and always getting a dupilcate. Waited a month for nothing. But it would be really nice to have such a thing in the lobby. I really want the CubeCraft logo particles. Maybe there's a chance I can buy them now. :D

Reactions: Lezappen

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I guess that’s an actual solution.The monthly obsidian rank ubers can be changed,so you can’t get duplicates since it’s once a month you get those.

Reactions: Lezappen

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Why no poll? :3 i’d love to see this getting at least 30 votes for yes :p and 0 for no

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
It's kind of like a black market. I like the idea. I just wait a month for my monthly uber reward and always getting a dupilcate. Waited a month for nothing. But it would be really nice to have such a thing in the lobby. I really want the CubeCraft logo particles. Maybe there's a chance I can buy them now. :D
Same, I really want those too.

This sounds like a monthly vanity event on which you can buy your favourite vanity item which you're just not getting because of the duplicates you get. I'd love to see this because I have some vanity items which I really want and just never get.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
If we can trade, I'll give you them.

Reactions: Megaaa
D

Deleted member 59979

This is an insanely good idea and would work pretty well although I feel that for an item that's supposedly worth £4.33 each (pack of 3 sells for £13 not on sale), they should just remove dupes from uber cubelets altogether. This is a fantastic solution, just feel like it shouldn't be needed in the first place.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Why no poll? :3 i’d love to see this getting at least 30 votes for yes :p and 0 for no
Looks like we got there ;)
Screenshot_20191201-085935_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom