Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Yes, but have 5 or more Screenshot that show substantial evidence

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2016
Almost every time I play a game on cubecraft, there is a hacker, I take like 10 screenshots for evidence to report him, but I can't because you need a YouTube video, and I cant do that. The reason there are so many hackers on the server is because you make it really hard to report, and than no one does report cause its to difficult to report, I want to have fun playing on this server, it's frustrating to play when there are so many hackers, and I can't report cause sorry, your system is garbo (garbage) so could you please make it easier to report.

Thanks for all your hard work Admins,

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I understand if you can't record, but that's just how it works. Photo evidence can be photoshopped, and even 10+ pictures, if done carefully, could be tampered with to false ban someone. You could choose, do you want thousands of people to be false banned but easier to report, or harder to report but close to no false reports? Anyways, they are working on an anticheat, but because they don't have a very good anticheat as of right now, there are many hackers in games unfortunately.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Any idea's? Btw, cube is working on an anti-cheat. Hopefuly it'll come soon.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I kinda agree with this for the 5 or more screenshots suggestion. I know people say you can just photoshop screenshots, but you would need to perfectly photoshop multiple images, which is not easy. Also, video evidence isn't something that is tamper-proof. If someone takes the time, they could photoshop video evidence.
Before I figured the best way for me to record hackers, I was annoyed that screenshots wouldn't work. At one point, I had multiple images of a fly hacker flying between island after island. That is just as much proof as video evidence would have given.

Also, could you explain how their system is "garbage." Their new system is absolutely amazing. It tells you exactly what you need, reports get handled 100s of times faster as the old system, and looks amazing.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I kinda agree with this for the 5 or more screenshots suggestion. I know people say you can just photoshop screenshots, but you would need to perfectly photoshop multiple images, which is not easy. Also, video evidence isn't something that is tamper-proof. If someone takes the time, they could photoshop video evidence.
Before I figured the best way for me to record hackers, I was annoyed that screenshots wouldn't work. At one point, I had multiple images of a fly hacker flying between island after island. That is just as much proof as video evidence would have given.

Also, could you explain how their system is "garbage." Their new system is absolutely amazing. It tells you exactly what you need, reports get handled 100s of times faster as the old system, and looks amazing.

Levitation buff
Falling off a cliff
Being knocked off into the world
Things like that, although not photoshopped, still is an image.

You can photoshop the names of players, or just cut out the image of a player and paste it. Trust me, I've had experience.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Levitation buff
Falling off a cliff
Being knocked off into the world
Things like that, although not photoshopped, still is an image.

You can photoshop the names of players, or just cut out the image of a player and paste it. Trust me, I've had experience.
Which is the reason he suggested having many screenshots. In the example I provided, the screenshots showed the fly hacker flying to a base. Next one showed the egg destroyed and th same person flying to the next egg. And so on for at least 5 islands. Each screen shot had his username, the chat with the egg broken by the same person, and people calling hacks on the person.
If you have the skill required to edit that many screenshots perfectly, you most definitely could photoshop a video.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Which is the reason he suggested having many screenshots. In the example I provided, the screenshots showed the fly hacker flying to a base. Next one showed the egg destroyed and th same person flying to the next egg. And so on for at least 5 islands. Each screen shot had his username, the chat with the egg broken by the same person, and people calling hacks on the person.
If you have the skill required to edit that many screenshots perfectly, you most definitely could photoshop a video.

Not trying to argue, and I do get your point, but a video is essentially lots and lots and lots of photos put together in perfect speed, and to edit every single frame is not impossible, but very hard to do. I do agree that it is really hard to photoshop 10+ photos, but obviously staff have their reasons.

Reactions: TheBrownster

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Not trying to argue, and I do get your point, but a video is essentially lots and lots and lots of photos put together in perfect speed, and to edit every single frame is not impossible, but very hard to do. I do agree that it is really hard to photoshop 10+ photos, but obviously staff have their reasons.
Neither am I :P. I don't necessarily want this to be added because, truthfully, it's not that hard to record, upload, and report someone (I find it quite enjoyable to watch through my video and know that the person will be banned xP). I just wanted to make sure people didn't think that video evidence was tamper-proof and that screenshots were easily edited.

Reactions: Krealίxx

CookiesAlwaysWin

Dec 2, 2015
Retro Landscape
So how do you wanna make it easy? They just have the new Report system THAT IS EASY. What do you want more......

They are not gonna change that you don't need video evidence because foto shop

If that's your suggestion Lock?

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Almost every time I play a game on cubecraft, there is a hacker, I take like 10 screenshots for evidence to report him, but I can't because you need a YouTube video, and I cant do that. The reason there are so many hackers on the server is because you make it really hard to report, and than no one does report cause its to difficult to report, I want to have fun playing on this server, it's frustrating to play when there are so many hackers, and I can't report cause sorry, your system is garbo (garbage) so could you please make it easier to report.

Thanks for all your hard work Admins,
Is it because you cannot record?
Read this: To help you get a recording software: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/
Also, screenshots can always be faked regardless. It's not solid enough for a ban.
Plus, you can't really call the server system garbage if every server requires a video for someone to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom