Should this be a rule?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardy Z

Apr 3, 2016
Hello! I've recently read your rules to make sure this wasn't already a rule and as you guessed it, it isn't.

Ghosting is the act of a spectator (normally a dead teammate) telling where the enemies exact location is so if the enemy is trying to apply tactics and sneaking around, it can all be ruined by simple text chat which has happened to me many times before hence the reason I was suggesting this. it is just so annoying and unfair to have your whereabouts be known across the match when your trying to build a sneaky bridge over to potentially win the game.

Now ghosting shouldn't be treated like hacking but I believe it definitely deserves some form of punishment. The best thing to do would be to mute players for ghosting until a certain amount of offenses has been made for ghosting and then punishing them.

All the evidence you would need is a screenshot of the chat log considering most players say it in global chat anyways cause they're dead.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I have no problem with it, because there's still the compass who can ruin everything. Using a compass is the same as telling someone where you're hiding, only a compass is not going to tell you what you're doing. But of my experience the people of Skywars are very smart. Every time I've made a trap everybody saw inmidiantly that there was something wrong. Just to clarify I would like the keep the system as it is now. It could be against you but you can also use it to destroy your enemy. Maybe you should fight more instead of making traps, then you do not have that problem ;)

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
There are many ways to tell your teammate where the enemy is without typing in the chat: Skype, Team Speak, Discord, and maybe Messenger too (call I meant)

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
There is no possible way this can be input, unless there was a system reading every message.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Punishing ghosting has been denied before i think theres no real way to tell if theres ghosting going on or not also it can help find hidden players that are afk, as said above if a players not telling you where an enemy is the compass will instead it also could easily be confused with tracers

Zardy Z

Apr 3, 2016
In response to most replies: I agree that ghosting is impossible to detect, literally the only way is to see if they are doing it in the chat log which can be screenshotted. If people bothered to report it, it could be a rule.

I disagree with it not being an advantage. Many times I've been completely hidden from the enemy until some spectator gives away my position getting me killed. Its just frustrating for it to happen being so close at making a 1v4 upset happen only to have your plans ruined by a spectator. Also not everyone has access to it especially players playing alone. Generally when a solo player dies they just quit right away, I do it all the time, so my teammates have little chance at asking me where the enemy went. On the contrary if one friend dies then the other friend can tell where you are hence advantage.

Overall there's really no true solution to the problem at hand. if you make it a rule it will be virtually undetectable unless the action as taken place in global server chat. It would be a common curtsey rule to follow when using some other communication source, but who would really follow it.

XD I always contradict myself it seems like...

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I don't think ghosting is too much of a problem as I usually don't run across it very often. Though, I'm usually in a chat with the ones I'm playing with. I agree that it can be annoying though, but the staff can't monitor too much outside the server as some don't use CCG's teamspeak or discord. Even then, staff can't be in all channels all the time.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
In response to most replies: I agree that ghosting is impossible to detect, literally the only way is to see if they are doing it in the chat log which can be screenshotted. If people bothered to report it, it could be a rule.

I disagree with it not being an advantage. Many times I've been completely hidden from the enemy until some spectator gives away my position getting me killed. Its just frustrating for it to happen being so close at making a 1v4 upset happen only to have your plans ruined by a spectator. Also not everyone has access to it especially players playing alone. Generally when a solo player dies they just quit right away, I do it all the time, so my teammates have little chance at asking me where the enemy went. On the contrary if one friend dies then the other friend can tell where you are hence advantage.

Overall there's really no true solution to the problem at hand. if you make it a rule it will be virtually undetectable unless the action as taken place in global server chat. It would be a common curtsey rule to follow when using some other communication source, but who would really follow it.

XD I always contradict myself it seems like...
In some games ghostings not even needed, i believe both skywars and eggwars have a tracker compass, so a ghosting rule is basically removing the one thing that has ended frustrating games, i have been in numerous games where finding the last player is nearly impossible especially if hes afk in a very sneaky spot, or even more so if 1. The map is big and 2. Hes a hacker using autoshift or 3 hes hiding in blocks that hide his nametag entirely (such as stone and cobblestone) as said above theres really no way of detecting it and its hard to determine between that and tracers many youtubers do this as well, frustrating yes but as with camping as well i hate seeing people back down from a challenge, my first win took 4 hours and 2 1/2 -3 hours of that was searching for the last guy who happened to be afk this was with no spectators and no compasses ghosting dosent really give an advantage either in the aspect you may Run into hackers or extremely good pvpers, you can however exploit off of these by setting a trap that is not obvious to any spectators -1

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Ghosting isn't such a big problem you can easy win when people are ghosting.
Gosting doesn't has any effect on your game an people can just do /fmsg or skype with them thats also gosting so...

LikwidBacon

Oct 14, 2016
United States
This is a good suggestion but would be very difficult to punish people for it. If someone wasn't typing in global chat for a moderator or helper to see it, they could just use Skype or /fmsg.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
IMHO it's not a problem.
It just can't give me too many problems... that I can't handle. So it's ok for me. No need to be banned for something that is basically helping the team.

kitten202

Nov 22, 2016
Hello! I've recently read your rules to make sure this wasn't already a rule and as you guessed it, it isn't.

Ghosting is the act of a spectator (normally a dead teammate) telling where the enemies exact location is so if the enemy is trying to apply tactics and sneaking around, it can all be ruined by simple text chat which has happened to me many times before hence the reason I was suggesting this. it is just so annoying and unfair to have your whereabouts be known across the match when your trying to build a sneaky bridge over to potentially win the game.

Now ghosting shouldn't be treated like hacking but I believe it definitely deserves some form of punishment. The best thing to do would be to mute players for ghosting until a certain amount of offenses has been made for ghosting and then punishing them.

All the evidence you would need is a screenshot of the chat log considering most players say it in global chat anyways cause they're dead.

there isn't so much bad about gosting
1- weaker campers
2- you can still do stuff in a match
-3. if a team doesn't have something against sneakbridges than their dead anyway cause its so ez to defend those once you see them and they cost so many blocks

kitten202

Nov 22, 2016
IMHO it's not a problem.
It just can't give me too many problems... that I can't handle. So it's ok for me. No need to be banned for something that is basically helping the team.
....................................................................................................... i have one question
you can also turn against your team if you don't like how they act than you can betray your team and ghost their base and tell the perfect way to attack in /tell
(cough just helped ghosters cough)
trust me strats is a big part of the game

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Ghosting is fair in my opinion. The dead person is still part of the game and part of the team, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be allowed to help their team mates out.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
....................................................................................................... i have one question
you can also turn against your team if you don't like how they act than you can betray your team and ghost their base and tell the perfect way to attack in /tell
(cough just helped ghosters cough)
trust me strats is a big part of the game
Question:
"Y in gods sake do you copy me...?"
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Top Bottom