Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
When I play cubecraft, 95% of my time played has probably been on the duels, it's mostly the reason I play, but there are a number of faults and improvements I want to see and most of the good pvpers play OP FFA instead, leaving duels to be 80% spamclickers.

Leaderboard - The duels leaderboard is trash because it just shows the amount of kills, you could have the most kills but also 5x the deaths of everyone and you'd still be top and people would think they're the best pvper because they only see kills, instead I think the leaderboard should display KD, or even better have an ELO system, that way it's not just play to win. I understand that all the other leaderboards display only wins too, but you can't really compare duels to other mini games because duels simply isn't a minigame.

Kits/kit selection - There are a lot of stupid kits like the eggwars one where people pillar up, or the wolf spamming one etc. This is a big problem because Stone ranks are most of the good pvpers on the server simply because there are a lot of them, but they (correct me if I'm wrong) choose to play OP FFA for 1v1s instead because they can't select good pvp kits as they don't have a rank and they don't want to waste their time fighting 16 wolves etc. Easy fix to this: make stone ranks able to select kits, or just remove all the stupid kits that are only there to please the children. I also think there are too many queues, it diffuses people across each duel type so it takes much longer to find duel games and also you end up fighting the same person many times in a row. Honestly the 1.8 mode should go and have its own version in the real 1.8 or just remove it fully, remove insane fully and remove soup since I don't think anyone even plays. Only thing left should be OP and normal.

Maps - Quality duels servers in minecraft history have always had simple mostly flat maps. The benefits of these are that they load quickly (so none of that stupid 5min "preparing map" thing that puts people off duels) and you can practise pvp easily without people just sitting on the edge of a map waiting to Bait you to hit you off etc. The disadvantages of simple flat maps - they don't look nice, but honestly people play duels to pvp, not to look at nice maps. Also big duels servers don't have 50 block mountains with lava or a big lake you can run around in or a void you can hit people into because maps like that are for games like SG, skywars, eggwars etc, NOT duels.

That's all I could think of at the moment, I might add more later, members of the pvp community please add your thoughts too.

Ive posted a few threads like this before but they've all been ignored by staff entirely because they would prefer to make yet another Arcade or Lucky Islands update, but remember, there are many players like me who only play cubecraft because the pvp is 1.9 and would probably play other servers instead if they had 1.9 pvp and made it competitive and popular. Cubecraft has that opportunity, so please do it.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
When I play cubecraft, 95% of my time played has probably been on the duels, it's mostly the reason I play, but there are a number of faults and improvements I want to see and most of the good pvpers play OP FFA instead, leaving duels to be 80% spamclickers.

Leaderboard - The duels leaderboard is trash because it just shows the amount of kills, you could have the most kills but also 5x the deaths of everyone and you'd still be top and people would think they're the best pvper because they only see kills, instead I think the leaderboard should display KD, or even better have an ELO system, that way it's not just play to win. I understand that all the other leaderboards display only wins too, but you can't really compare duels to other mini games because duels simply isn't a minigame.

Kits/kit selection - There are a lot of stupid kits like the eggwars one where people pillar up, or the wolf spamming one etc. This is a big problem because Stone ranks are most of the good pvpers on the server simply because there are a lot of them, but they (correct me if I'm wrong) choose to play OP FFA for 1v1s instead because they can't select good pvp kits as they don't have a rank and they don't want to waste their time fighting 16 wolves etc. Easy fix to this: make stone ranks able to select kits, or just remove all the stupid kits that are only there to please the children. I also think there are too many queues, it diffuses people across each duel type so it takes much longer to find duel games and also you end up fighting the same person many times in a row. Honestly the 1.8 mode should go and have its own version in the real 1.8 or just remove it fully, remove insane fully and remove soup since I don't think anyone even plays. Only thing left should be OP and normal.

Maps - Quality duels servers in minecraft history have always had simple mostly flat maps. The benefits of these are that they load quickly (so none of that stupid 5min "preparing map" thing that puts people off duels) and you can practise pvp easily without people just sitting on the edge of a map waiting to Bait you to hit you off etc. The disadvantages of simple flat maps - they don't look nice, but honestly people play duels to pvp, not to look at nice maps. Also big duels servers don't have 50 block mountains with lava or a big lake you can run around in or a void you can hit people into because maps like that are for games like SG, skywars, eggwars etc, NOT duels.

That's all I could think of at the moment, I might add more later, members of the pvp community please add your thoughts too.

Ive posted a few threads like this before but they've all been ignored by staff entirely because they would prefer to make yet another Arcade or Lucky Islands update, but remember, there are many players like me who only play cubecraft because the pvp is 1.9 and would probably play other servers instead if they had 1.9 pvp and made it competitive and popular. Cubecraft has that opportunity, so please do it.
I agree with you, don't worry. PVP is a very crowded lobby with many people, so I believe it does need updating. Definitely the stone ranks being able to purchase kits, and I do agree with being able to see the deaths on the leaderboard because PVP is about kills :p. But overall I think PVP needs a good update.

Whenever I play duels, 95% of the time my opponent just builds up straight away and camps :/. Maybe they should also reduce the number of blocks you are able to build or the height limit of the arena.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta
F

Facelurite

Trust me , OP FFA players are so used to being able to soak up hits that even though their strategy involves incredible offense , very few of them can dodge attacks. Using protection gear actually changes the way you think whole PvPing. It takes a different set of mind to shift from the OP FFA PvP to Ordinary PvP.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Definitely agree that the kit selection should be available to everyone. I think the insane mod should stay, also some op kits should be moved there (ninja, bomber).

People should be able to create custom queues where they select whatever kits they are willing to play with from all sections. This could be a rank feature to replace the kit selection.

There definitely should be maps that aren't just flat. I think the best system would be to allow every player to select their favourite maps in the settings. By default all maps are selected. When a match is found, a random map out of all selected maps is chosen, if a map is selected by both players it is more likely.

There should be a queue that only players with at least 1000 duel wins can enter. Having a full ELO system would be good but also a lot of work and it would probably take very long to find a match for you. If you just had a way to only get matched with players that didn't start playing today it would be good enough for me.

I am ok with the current leaderboard. It doesn't represent the players skill but mostly how many duels they played. If it showed your k/d it would incentivize unfair gameplay to prevent ever losing a game. For example you'd see more people combat logging (why is that even possible?).

I made a thread about those things a while ago here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/192793/

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Definitely agree that the kit selection should be available to everyone. I think the insane mod should stay, also some op kits should be moved there (ninja, bomber).

People should be able to create custom queues where they select whatever kits they are willing to play with from all sections. This could be a rank feature to replace the kit selection.

There definitely should be maps that aren't just flat. I think the best system would be to allow every player to select their favourite maps in the settings. By default all maps are selected. When a match is found, a random map out of all selected maps is chosen, if a map is selected by both players it is more likely.

There should be a queue that only players with at least 1000 duel wins can enter. Having a full ELO system would be good but also a lot of work and it would probably take very long to find a match for you. If you just had a way to only get matched with players that didn't start playing today it would be good enough for me.

I am ok with the current leaderboard. It doesn't represent the players skill but mostly how many duels they played. If it showed your k/d it would incentivize unfair gameplay to prevent ever losing a game. For example you'd see more people combat logging (why is that even possible?).

I made a thread about those things a while ago here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/192793/
I think insane should just go because people can create their own custom kits instead, a custom kit queue would be a better replacement.
Map selection would be a good idea too, but I'm pretty sure most people will select the flat maps anyway so there might as well only be basic flat maps with a couple of obstacles in the way for archery kits.
For the ELO system I only meant that for ranking, it shouldn't include match making too because that could take too long to find a match, but a KD system would be easier. KD leaderboard would just add competitiveness which is good, I don't know what you mean by unfair gameplay, also didn't they make it that if someone combat logged you still get the kill?

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Trust me , OP FFA players are so used to being able to soak up hits that even though their strategy involves incredible offense , very few of them can dodge attacks. Using protection gear actually changes the way you think whole PvPing. It takes a different set of mind to shift from the OP FFA PvP to Ordinary PvP.
That difference is good then, it separates duels pvp and OP FFA pvp so there is more variety

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't know what you mean by unfair gameplay, also didn't they make it that if someone combat logged you still get the kill?
As far as I know combat logging still doesn't give you a death. I don't really want random duels to be more competitive and I don't want people to try not to lose at any cost. Combat logging could be fixed by giving you a death and your opponent a kill if he hit you before. But if the k/d was shown on the leaderboard, I assume even good players would start to pillar up or run away infinitely when they notice they are losing to force a draw. People would be less likely to wait for their opponent during a lag spike. Also they would be even more upset about losing, making the chat even worse.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
As far as I know combat logging still doesn't give you a death. I don't really want random duels to be more competitive and I don't want people to try not to lose at any cost. Combat logging could be fixed by giving you a death and your opponent a kill if he hit you before. But if the k/d was shown on the leaderboard, I assume even good players would start to pillar up or run away infinitely when they notice they are losing to force a draw. People would be less likely to wait for their opponent during a lag spike. Also they would be even more upset about losing, making the chat even worse.
They can't pillar up if they have a kit revamp like a suggested, and they also can't run very far if the maps were basic and flat. Not sure how to stop people forcing draws in long fights though, maybe give the person who has dealt the most damage the win using minecraft.stats

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

RobinDn wrote on Fesa's profile.
It has been to long :D
RobinDn wrote on Kloska's profile.
Congrats Quacky! :D
qKhalidd wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on Kloska's profile.
GRATTIS ANKA
Had some internet issues last week and went on a weekend getaway to an amusement park with my bf, but I'm back to grind and have fun on cube again :)
I missed u guys >.>
Top Bottom