Barriers at the end of an map

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
I don't think it should be added. The maps will be more laggy because of the amount of blocks all around it..

TyTy2017

Feb 3, 2014
Someplace far away
Yea, I think this is a simple but VERY useful idea. It will in a sense force players to go to the center of the map instead of building out.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
i agree, that way people also cant just bridge out 10000 blocks and hide forever
If you hide from 10000 away then someone can record and report for camping. So I don't think this necessary.

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
Instead of using Barrier blocks, they could use the Minecraft border:
290px-Worldborderanimation.gif

The border won't cause any lag (maybe client-side lag I'm not sure) and players can't build on it.

Alternatively, they could implement a couple lines of codes that block you from exiting the map and sending them a message telling you so.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This not needed as, when you're not hacking you can't build out and away. After a few blocks your blocks will simply not place. This will only happen when the players are cheating. And they should not make something like this because of players that are cheating. These players can get banned if you report them or (maybe) by sentinel for flying.

Reactions: StonePlus

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry it’s a no for me. If a camper builds to the barriers and stay in the corner, there is a wall behind him. That means it’s impossible shoot him of the bridge. And I think there’ll be a lot more campers.

Instead of using Barrier blocks, they could use the Minecraft border:
View attachment 163415

As StonePlus said there could be the Minecraft border, this’ll solve the problem also. Another option are alerts coming in your screen, for example: ‘5 blocks before the end of the map’ and ‘1 block before the end of the map’.

Reactions: StonePlus

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
This is the best solution imo
Sorry it’s a no for me. If a camper builds to the barriers and stay in the corner, there is a wall behind him. That means it’s impossible shoot him of the bridge. And I think there’ll be a lot more campers.

As StonePlus said there could be the Minecraft border, this’ll solve the problem also. Another option are alerts coming in your screen, for example: ‘5 blocks before the end of the map’ and ‘1 block before the end of the map’.
What's also good with the border is that hackers will suffocate if they go past it.

Reactions: ShinyArrow

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
Barriers won't be the solution.
Imagine in OP Chests. Users will get EnderPearls, throw it towards the barriers, do a block clutch and stay there forever. I think it would be better to program something to make players not be able to go through a certain point ( eg: 15 blocks out ).

Reactions: ShinyArrow
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Thank you sir! 🖖
RobinDn wrote on S4nne's profile.
Stitchyyyy :D