Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
First off, the title was kind of clickbait, kind of not. Don't lock this thread. However, this thread may be very controversial, so I want to hear opinions.
The topic: Necroposting
As you may know, Necroposting is posting something on a thread that is over 2 weeks old. Why is it against the rules? It spams every ones inbox saying that you posted something and we just get annoyed because it is old.

Here is the problem, or solution.

At the bottom of the page, when you are done writing your thread, you have an option to close the poll, which allows people to vote. Has anyone else put in the option to close the poll after 100 months? I did. However, you can't lock the thread after a certain time, only staff can.
There should be an option to "lock this thread after blank days."
Knowing that you can set it to be like 50 years, 2 weeks should be the maximum time before the thread is automatically locked. This can prevent necroposting.

Hopefully you get the idea. That is all I have.

Godbless - CamBam300

Reactions: Luzario

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Having a predetermined thread lock timer isn't something I'd implement. There's no way to accurately predict everything that will be said on the thread, and sometimes there could definitely be scenarios where there's a debate going on on the thread. I don't think people would want it randomly locked like that.

An autolocker based off of X days since last thread activity however, could definitely work out. It'd basically auto-lock when people could necropost there.

D

Deleted member 169486

An autolocker based off of X days since last thread activity however, could definitely work out. It'd basically auto-lock when people could necropost there.
What about threads that are still relevant?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Lock in 1 second
there nobody can reply

also there is no accurate way to tell when people will post so this would be useless not to mention certain cases where necroposting doesn't apply

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Good morning all ❤️ have a nice day ☀️
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything you do it
Good luck in you life
GiGaGekkies wrote on Begijntje's profile.
Een late felicitatie!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Critly's profile.
Nog gefeliciteerd
4Moonlightt wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything <3
Top Bottom