Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpicyVolcano

Sep 21, 2015
Line Dash has always been broken. You can get killed by someone who's trailing behind you, but I believe I know why.
ui3CaEM.png

Stepping on a different-colored carpet is what kills the player. However, Minecraft does not usually recognize you're on a block the moment you touch any part of it, and instead estimates your position. So, in the picture, for example, you (red) could be ahead of blue, but the square becomes blue's because you never got close enough to the center of the square, and yet blue did, despite trailing behind you.

I believe the solution is to use Minecraft's decimal coordinates so that if you touch a block in the slightest, it becomes yours, instead of the current system where the game uses Minecraft's integer coordinates.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The issue is most likely latency, you send all your position packets maybe 50-200 milliseconds in delay so the server only knows where you are untill it could be too late.

L

Lightning McQueen

Line Dash has always been broken. You can get killed by someone who's trailing behind you, but I believe I know why.
ui3CaEM.png

Stepping on a different-colored carpet is what kills the player. However, Minecraft does not usually recognize you're on a block the moment you touch any part of it, and instead estimates your position. So, in the picture, for example, you (red) could be ahead of blue, but the square becomes blue's because you never got close enough to the center of the square, and yet blue did, despite trailing behind you.

I believe the solution is to use Minecraft's decimal coordinates so that if you touch a block in the slightest, it becomes yours, instead of the current system where the game uses Minecraft's integer coordinates.
interesting theory
The issue is most likely latency, you send all your position packets maybe 50-200 milliseconds in delay so the server only knows where you are untill it could be too late.
boring theory but equally likely

Reactions: Priley

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I doubt the game would track anything by being close to the center of the block.
I could very well be wrong but... I'm pretty sure it boringly comes down to latency.

Ishallkillyou

Feb 23, 2018
transylvania
As the blocks are majorly pixelated I don't think the game understands where one stands over a block.the game co-ordinate does not change if me move around on one block.so I think that even if I am standing on a block and if another guy even touched the block, the game thinks you have met and poof!!-you died

L

Lightning McQueen

As the blocks are majorly pixelated I don't think the game understands where one stands over a block.the game co-ordinate does not change if me move around on one block.so I think that even if I am standing on a block and if another guy even touched the block, the game thinks you have met and poof!!-you died
Yes it does have you ever opened up f3 why cant you people ever say something that is true instead of cooking stuff up

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on xEefster's profile.
Gefeliciteerd 🥳
Frontlane wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xEefster's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday! ^^
Lyriie wrote on xEefster's profile.