Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on MinerWare, try to stay on topic!

doorky

Novice Member
Jul 26, 2020
Russia
www.cubecraft.net
Oh boy, I did not see this coming.
I've never done a discussion thread on CubeCraft forums, so it will be quite a journey!

The Playercount
The Playercount and minerware's inactivity is a key of a problem. I can see why Minerware was removed, but are there no real solutions? Surely not! Minerware's game playerbase usually consists of 1-2 good players and the rest are total newbies. It is a real home to new players as micro games are easy to understand and usually don't take much effort to complete. Minerware also has a really good and kind community. Is this all going to be deleted? As a solution, you can reduce max players from 12 to 8, for example.

Why exactly Minerware
While I can understand the Playercount issue, the decision behind removing is still very doubtable. Games such as Skyblock (which won't receive an update in foreseeable future) and Parkour outclassed Minerware in the latest Java Future News.

Let's have a talk here.
Minerware isn't exactly the most creative game, being similar to Hypixel's "Party Games" take. But what's so special about minerware is its micro games and the way scoring system works. While on hypixel its Party Games are very competitive, Minerware is pretty easy to win in. You have 15 games (which by itself is a lot), plus you have an additional game that can carry your back if you didn't do well. This is amazing.

Skyblock and Parkour
As I've mentioned, Minerware was outclassed by Parkour and Skyblock. Now, some people from following communities will hate me for that, but I will say this: these games aren't better than minerware. Skyblock is very very original, but it lacks in content updates, tech and attention. I can see why it's staying, because removing it will also remove days of progress and builds, so no hate towards Skyblock. Parkour is a little bit different. There are plenty of parkour servers with thousands of parkour maps and various builds. It also requires more resources and effort to update, rather than minerware. Is this really worth it?

But hey, why don't you switch to Bedrock?
This is a really good question. Bedrock recently received a Minerware rank update, which consists of various cosmetics, loots and superb new micro games. But... As I'm writing this thread, I have almost 1k Minerware wins and do I really want to start the progression again? It might sound pretty selfish, but I've spent weeks in this game and it never got boring. I feel like bedrock Minerware is a different community, different people and... different experience. It will never feel the same as Java's.

To wrap things up-
Thanks for reading this far! In this thread I've mentioned some of my personal thoughts. I do want to say that I have no hate towards the CCG team, it's just the decision they have made.

I really hope to see any changes to Java Minerware as it is a really creative and fun game!

-doorky

Last edited:

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I just learned from your thread that Minerware is going away from Java, and my first gut reaction was slapping my forehead.
I think some people, especially staff members will definitely disagree with me on my take, but this is an outright stupid decision. No hate towards anyone from the staff team, but that decision will bring more destruction to the network's playerbase and community than anything positive.
Here's why I think so:
1: Removing a gamode with such a consistent community will disappoint too many players.
Losing, let's say 50-70 people who are here only to play this game mode is the last thing the network needs right now. It might now sound like much, but that's roughly 5% of the server's ,,population" nowadays. The player count is, I think, at all time low right now on a daily basis and losing even 5% of that is a fatal mistake. Sure, some people may go and play it on Bedrock, but that's not really a solution, when there are so many people with thousands of wins, is it?
2: Minerware wasn't a controversial game mode
Again, some people might disagree, however I think it is, or shall I say, it was, one of the more widely accepted games the network had to offer since ,,The Big Change". Never heard anyone disliking it, or outright hating on it.
3: That's not the way to succeed
I'm very well aware, that hiring developers is difficult, and I understand that updates are hard to develop and test. However, removing every not extremely popular game is a mistake. Removing Assasinations was a mistake, however this is something far worse. I'm not biased, even though I have claimed that I wasn't a fan of Assassinations back when it was removed, I though it was a big mistake. Now, even though I love Minerware, I think this is just as worse.
You better at least explain to the community that the server is in a tough financial position rather than outright removing games if you haven't got the recourses to keep them up-to date.
That's my opinion, and I'm very interested in hearing disagreeing arguments:

Reactions: doorky

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh boy, I did not see this coming.
I've never done a discussion thread on CubeCraft forums, so it will be quite a journey!

The Playercount
The Playercount and minerware's inactivity is a key of a problem. I can see why Minerware was removed, but are there no real solutions? Surely not! Minerware's game playerbase usually consists of 1-2 good players and the rest are total newbies. It is a real home to new players as micro games are easy to understand and usually don't take much effort to complete. Minerware also has a really good and kind community. Is this all going to be deleted? As a solution, you can reduce max players from 12 to 8, for example.

Why exactly Minerware
While I can understand the Playercount issue, the decision behind removing is still very doubtable. Games such as Skyblock (which won't receive an update in foreseeable future) and Parkour outclassed Minerware in the latest Java Future News.

Let's a have a talk here.
Minerware isn't exactly the most creative game, being similar to Hypixel's "Party Games" take. But what's so special about minerware is its micro games and the way scoring system works. While on hypixel its Party Games are very competitive, Minerware is pretty easy to win in. You have 15 games (which by itself is a lot), plus you have an additional game that can carry your back if you didn't do well. This is amazing.

Skyblock and Parkour
As I've mentioned, Minerware was outclassed by Parkour and Skyblock. Now, some people from following communities will hate me for that, but I will say this: these games aren't better than minerware. Skyblock is very very original, but it lacks in content updates, tech and attention. I can see why it's staying, because removing it will also remove days of progress and builds, so no hate towards Skyblock. Parkour is a little bit different. There are plenty of parkour servers with thousands of parkour maps and various builds. It also requires more resources and effort to update, rather than minerware. Is this really worth it?

But hey, why don't you switch to Bedrock?
This is a really good question. Bedrock recently received a Minerware rank update, which consists of various cosmetics, loots and superb new micro games. But... As I'm writing this thread, I have almost 1k Minerware wins and do I really want to start the progression again? It might sound pretty selfish, but I've spent weeks in this game and it never got boring. I feel like bedrock Minerware is a different community, different people and... different experience. It will never feel the same as Java's.

To wrap things up-
Thanks for reading this far! In this thread I've mentioned some of my personal thoughts. I do want to say that I have no hate towards the CCG team, it's just the decision they have made.

I really hope to see any changes to Java Minerware as it is a really creative and fun game!

-doorky
when minerware came out before a few of the hypixel party games :monkeylookaway:

• Wow
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom