Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Hii there!

In one of the Skywars Spring maps, the water stopped earlier with flowing and would never hit the void. I don't know if this was a bug or a feature, but I liked it. That's why I want to suggest to add this in other maps as well.
Here is a screenshot of Lava that would not flow any further down than on this screenshot:
(Water did the same, but I didn't get a screenshot of water flowing down)
1620641396427.png

Why?
I've three reasons why this could be an useful feature.
  • First of all, water can save your life in skywars. But sometimes it can save too many lives. When you think you knock players into the void, but they have water placed somewhere, then they will just swim back up. You'll have to shoot them multiple times before they're actually in the void.
  • The second reason is that players using 1.13 or higher have an advantage with this. If they fall into the void but can save themselves with water, they have a higher cance of survival then players using 1.12 or a lower version of minecraft. Because players using 1.13 or higher can swim much faster in Water.
  • Third reason for this is that water helps campers. Players use water to get under the map to camp there. Or they get knocked into the void but save themselves with water. But instead of swimming back up, they make a platform under the island to camp there.
So I think that water should stop flowing earlier, instead of actually flowing down to the void. At the moment, it's very different per map. In some maps, water can flow down almost forever and in some maps the water stops right at the bottom of an island. But I like how it was in this Spring map, so that's why I'm suggesting to add this in the other maps as well.

You can let me know what you think about this with reacting with :agree: Agree if you would like to see this as well. Or with :unsure: Unsure if you're not sure about this. Or you can react with :disagree: Disagree if you don't like this at all. If you react with Unsure or Disagree, I would love to know why you don't want this implemented.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

~99th_DutchScary 💙

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
This would be great!
It's very annoying when players just go down the void with water or use water to build down to the void
to camp over there. If it stops earlier then the campers will certainly decrease which would be great!
Definitely agree with this one.

• Love
Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it's fine the way it is now. I play skywars a lot and it rarely happens that players swim up to an island after they've been knocked into the void. Landing in the water to swim back up can also be a great way to save yourself from dying in the void. Sorry, I disagree :)

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I voted unsure because I don't see these clutches very often in Skywars. It's pretty rare in my opinion.

However, I do see it a lot in Lucky Islands. Because people can have elytra's and this way, it's really easy to fly to the other side of the map using these water flows. So I would like to see this in Lucky Islands, but not necessarily Skywars.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I play skywars a lot and it rarely happens that players swim up to an island after they've been knocked into the void. Landing in the water to swim back up can also be a great way to save yourself from dying in the void.
I agree that it's a great way to save yourself. But it happens way too often, almost every game there are players using water to camp or to save themselves. And I think it's getting annoying, that's why I'm suggesting to remove it. It's fine to save yourself, but not if you got hit of the island three times already. You also need to know when you should just fall into the void.

no its party of the game lol
Yeah, but that doesn't really mean anything. There were a lot of things that were party of the game, but aren't anymore. That it's part of the game doesn't mean it can't be changed.

I voted unsure because I don't see these clutches very often in Skywars. It's pretty rare in my opinion.
I wouldn't make a suggestion if I just encountered it once or twice. It's happening way to many times when I play skywars, and it's getting annoying. Especially if players get hit of the island mutliple times and get back everytime.
I don't like Lucky Islands, so I don't know how often these kind of things happen there. But I feel like these kinds of strategies fit in Lucky Islands, better then in Skywars. So if you think it would be great addition to Lucky Islands, then why not in Skywars? Maybe you don't encounter these players that much, but then it could still be a good feature for the players that do encounter them.

Top Bottom