Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?siht deen uoy oD

• seY

• oN

• Don't click this one. (although it means yes if you do (but that still doesn't mean you should)).

Results are only viewable after voting.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hi, title explains it enough I think, I'll elaborate a bit more though. Wasn't able to find suggestions that suggest the same because the Search Engine won't search for "New" as it's used too commonly.

Anyways, suggestion time everybody! (tune the crab rave)

I'd like to be able to expand the current "New Posts" tab bottom right to see a more extended list of all the new posts over the hour, day or week even. Just like you can click on "Show all..." in the alerts tab. It'd help steer the community towards more than 5 recent and relevant suggestions. Whenever I check the forums, I usually read through the New Posts only because I can't be bothered checking each individual topic. I'm sure others do the same.
Adding the "extended list/show more.../show all.../[arrow pointing downwards]" would, for me, increase the amount of threads I'd read, reply to etc.

The data is already there anyways, the website keeps track of every action in every thread, but only shows the 5 most recent. Adding a button that allows you to see a nice sorted list of the most -idk 100? 50? does there even need to be a cap at all?- posts is easy and enlarges the activity on the forums.

added a poll, thx for reading bye.

D

Deleted member 481668

Good and well explained suggestion. I like this one and I want to make this thread earlier but I forgot, so I truly like this suggestion. I agree with everything bro! <3

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
This would take time for developers to do and isn't too necessary imo. They'd need to familiarise themselves with the Xenforo API, which is time better spent on coding games for CCG.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Isn't this already a thing, or I just don't understand what your suggestion is? https://www.cubecraft.net/find-new/48240769/posts
Kinda, it doesn't include Suggestions for some reason + the button is located in a weird spot. It took me literal years to finally notice it. That taskbar is honestly weird anywayrs, there's "New Threads" and "New Posts". They both include some overlapping threads, but not all? It'd be more logical to just have an "expand" button near the "New Posts" tab bottom right.

This would take time for developers to do and isn't too necessary imo. They'd need to familiarise themselves with the Xenforo API, which is time better spent on coding games for CCG.
Naturally, it takes a bit of time, I'm presuming there's at least already one dev who's familiar with the API that runs the forums, it'd be kinda dumb if there wasn't tbh. I've personally never worked with Xenforo but a "show more" function isn't uncommon in any programming interface, since the data is there anyways. Implementing this, according to my experience, shouldn't be that much of a hussle. Don't see many other possible negatives.

Reactions: remio

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I'm just trying to get my opinion... Sorry lol, and I'm doing it to not enlarge the thread. Plus my English isn't always the best if i read.
I know, my bad if I came over a bit offensive, it's just... you didn't really add much so I'm not gonna react with anything new either :) And I wasn't talking about you "enlarging" the thread, I meant that, by adding suggested extension, users will probably read and react to more threads than they do now.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
I know, my bad if I came over a bit offensive, it's just... you didn't really add much so I'm not gonna react with anything new either :) And I wasn't talking about you "enlarging" the thread, I meant that, by adding suggested extension, users will probably read and react to more threads than they do now.
Oh ok, Btw i readed the title wrong.. I. Though ''New pots'' but it's ''New posts''

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom